I've always found h2g2 to be like a massive intellectual fun house. This page contains my list of researchers who you should check out. 1
Why I'm here
Naturally, the first link should go to the person who is responsible for bringing us all together...
The Powers in the Towers
These brilliant folks are responsible for getting the site started and keeping it running!
The DNA Mafia
- Mark Moxon, Gone but not forgotten
- Peta, too brilliant for words
- Jim Lynn, he writes the songs that make the servers sing
- Natalie, producer
- Anna, deputy editor
- Abi, deputy community editor
- Sam, assistant editor
- Ashley, assistant editor
- Linda, community assistant
- Jimster, editorial assistant
- Sri, artist
The Rest of the Team
Original Field Researchers
These people are the ones who believe in the site and Douglas' vision and donate their time to make it a better place!
The Subeditors were the first volunteer scheme introduced to the site to help the editors keep pace with the influx of entries being written by the community. The names in bold following the drop-down listing are the Subeditors with whom I worked from the very beginning.
|The Dancing Tree||Ginger the Feisty||Global Village Idiot|
|Hypoman||jan^||John the Gardener|
|Spartus||toi||The Virtual Researcher|
|The Wisest Fool||Zach||And me, of course|
The Aces (The Assistant Community Editors)
The Aces were h2g2's second volunteer scheme. Their role is to act as meeters and greeters to newbies on site and to serve as a sort of neighbourhood watch, keeping an eye on things and helping to maintain the great sense of community the site enjoys.
The Gurus were chosen from the h2g2 community by the paid staff because of their general knowledge about the site. They are tasked to help answer questions about h2g2, its policies and procedures. I was surprised when Peta asked me to help out, but of course I accepted the invitation.
The Scouts have been asked to search the Guide looking for entries worthy of inclusion into the Edited Guide. Most of their work is done plucking entries from the Peer Review pages. They also are tasked with trying to encourage good writing whenever they find it.
The University Field Researchers
The University Field Researchers have volunteered to write several in-depth Edited Guide Entries on a single topic where just one entry wouldn't be enough. I wrote several 'projects' on astronomy-related topics and maintain the University Observatory.
Some of h2g2's other crack researchers
These are folks I met banging around on site and some I met simply by clicking Bruce's random online user button. They're all top-notch people and are worth a visit.
|Fenchurch M. Mercury||Frustreren||Dolphin Girl|
|The Grim Squeaker||Harvey||heathen|
|MadMunk||Marv the Grate||Menza|
|Paul the Brake||Pegasus||Phoenixflame|
|Sammy the Sandman||Uncle Sam||WowbaggerTIP|
These are folks on-site who reside in my native state of Pennsylvania.
|Phreako||Ralph, the Janitor||Shorty|
|Ultima Weapon||Misfit Wanderer||You?|
|Crazy One||Dirk Gently||Myself|
Places to go
Clubs and things I belong to at h2g2
- ARSE Page of Protest, protesting for our right to spit.
- The Church of the True Brownie, where I hope to be made bishop.
- The Rambling Misfits softball team, where I serve the beer.
- The H2G2 Post, the community's online newspaper.
- Frink's Drinks, where I formerly worked in the observatory.
- The Fun Run, where I've worked off some excess verbage.
- The [email protected] for h2g2 Researchers, where you can join the search for ET.
- The World Wide Jam Room, where I can be found blowing my own horn.
- ICARUS, Individuals Crusading Against Rampant Unchecked Stupidity where they fight for those who can think.
My pages where I like to play
- The Fun House, where I am collecting fun stuff.
- The Observatory, where I can be found looking skyward.
- My Catalogue, where I am trying to be organized.