Let's take a look at the civil rights situation in 1893, Ida B Wells' life and work, and what happened when she protested.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
This marvellous, magical adventure tells the story of five children who discover 'It', a Psammead or sand-fairy, living in a gravel pit in their garden.
This month, we ask you to write about spreading love: love for our fellow creatures, love for the planet, love for strangers, the needy, and those who are unloved in this world.
It may not be true that 'all you need is love'. It probably takes some planning, organisation, and elbow grease. But love is definitely the start! Let's make February part of the Winter of Love!
Spreading the Love
Newest Edited Entries
- Ida Wells Makes Noise: The Columbian Exposition Protest of 189319th February 2018
- 'Five Children and It' - the Television Series19th February 2018
- The Voyagers, the Golden Record, the Pale Blue Dot and how Tricky Dicky Trumped Thomas Jefferson19th February 2018
- The Love Story of Vernon and Irene Castle12th February 2018
- '1967-1970' aka 'The Blue Album' - The Beatles Album13th February 2018
- Man v Cactus: The Saga of David M Grundman5th February 2018
- Austrian Open-air Museum Stuebing, Austria5th February 2018
- The Ultimate Carry On Film Guide: Christmas19th February 2018
- Electric Reassurance, the Blitz and Confusing Elevator Rides - Birkenhead Hamilton Square Underground Railway Station11th February 2018
- When the Mayor of Grimsby met Prince Makaroo29th January 2018
- A87903859 - Khyber's Kilts and Bristols: Sex, Sexism and Stereotyped Women in the 'Carry On' Films 12 Hours Ago
- A87891231 - The bombing of Guernika 3 Days Ago
- A87887119 - Plants for Pussycats 5 Days Ago
- A87901851 - JRR Tolkien's 'Father Christmas Letters' Last Week
- A87904452 - Von Braun to Musk: A Short History of Space Pranks Last Week
Have you been looking up at the sky a lot lately, what with all the space news? So have we. We've also been looking around, and down, and sideways, and out into the far horizon, not to mention inside ourselves. Our contributors bring you the very best in photography, humour, fiction, information, and insight this week. We guarantee it's worth a look!
Posted to: The School of Scientists game
From: Ask h2g2
36 Minutes Ago
Posted to: next word game
From: United Friends of H2G2space
2 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."