Many Native American/First Nation peoples have used the turtle's back as a handy lunar calendar for counting 13 × 28 = 364 days
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Although a ferry has been of less importance to people travelling between Liverpool and the Wirral Peninsula since the opening of the Mersey Tunnels, the Mersey Ferries still play an important role in the Merseyside region.
Do you dread thunderstorms or run out to dance in the rain?
This month we'd like your thoughts on the Power of Nature.
Whether it's storm chasing or wondering how a mighty tree grows from that tiny seed in your hand.
Send us your accounts, photos and videos, or write an Entry for the Guide.
Wherever you live, we're sure you'll have something powerful to share.
October 2022 Create Challenge: The Power of Nature
Newest Edited Entries
- When Is a Turtle a Calendar?28th November 2022
- 'Ferry Cross the Mersey' - a History of the Mersey Ferries28th November 2022
- 'Wet Leg' - the Album21st November 2022
- The Many Careers of Sol Bloom21st November 2022
- Zorro: Swashbuckling Hero and Role Model25th November 2022
- h2g2 Merchandise - On Sale Now!15th November 2022
- 'Jane Eyre' - a Novel by Charlotte Bronte14th November 2022
- Bring Your Own Popcorn and Watch an Exploitation Movie: Roger Corman's Swamp Women29th November 2022
- Doctor Who Enemies: The Great Intelligence and Yeti21st November 2022
- The National Wagon Road Guide: How to Get to California in 18587th November 2022
- A88058695 - 'No Time to Die' - the James Bond Film Last Week
- A88058208 - Doctor Who Enemies: Judoon Last Week
- A88058316 - The Milgram Experiment: Studying What Humans Are Capable Of 3 Weeks Ago
- A88057867 - Grebes of the Podiceps Genus - Agile Diving Birds 3 Weeks Ago
- A88034079 - 'Villette' - a Novel by Charlotte Bronte 3 Weeks Ago
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."