Based on real events, this posthumously-published work provides insight into the experiences of everyday Germans under Nazi terror, and their attempts at resistance.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
In these stories, Good does not automatically triumph over Evil; sometimes after a great deal of suffering, Good may at best hope to achieve a hard-won draw.
Did/do you know your grandparents? Or have you heard stories about them? We want you to share!
Were they famous, infamous, known to the police or the vicar? Did they do interesting things? Were they good influences on you, or did they teach you to smoke, swear, and poach?
August 2019 Create Challenge: Tall Tales from Grand People
Newest Edited Entries
- h2g2 Books - On Sale Now!13th August 2019
- 'Alone in Berlin': Everyday Resistance in Hitler's Reich13th August 2019
- Jim Henson's 'The Storyteller' - the Television Series13th August 2019
- Outwitting History: How Aaron Lansky Rescued Yiddish Literature15th August 2019
- Heurigen - a Traditional Austrian Tavern5th August 2019
- Common Buzzards5th August 2019
- Irish Stone Circles29th July 2019
- Architecture of the Middle Ages - Darkness and Light29th July 2019
- Stand By Me: The Journey Started with Some Sheet Music8th August 2019
- Believe It or Not, Mr Ripley: Norbert Pearlroth Spent 52 Years in the Library22nd July 2019
- A87919708 - 'Robin Hood' - An Indeterminate Number of Film Adaptations 15 Hours Ago
- A87917719 - The Ultimate DisneyToon Studios Animated Film Guide: 2006-2009 3 Days Ago
- A87945664 - Between Silk and Cyanide: Leo Marks Decodes SOE 3 Days Ago
- A87937537 - 'Disneyland Adventures' - the Computer Game 4 Days Ago
- A87903859 - Khyber's Kilts and Bristols: Sex, Sexism and Stereotyped Women in the 'Carry On' Films 4 Days Ago
Yes, readers, we have more travel stories this week! In addition to Freewayriding's tales of Turkey, Minorvogonpoet will explain about eclipse-watching in South America. Closer to home – well, their homes – Willem has another charming bird to show us, and SashaQ finds some small but intriguing wildlife, and takes amazing photos.
Posted to: Reality check ?
From: It's a Sign: Watch Your Slippers
32 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Snap, crackle....
From: Picture Quiz: What Is It?
41 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Highlights
From: You Saw the Whole of the Moon
54 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Word association.
From: Games Room
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: Thanks
From: Career Curiosities - Episode 22 - Building Blues
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: hat do the clouds in he video look like
From: Cloud Story
1 Hour Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."