You may see historic buildings or other structures in England being referred to as 'Listed'. If you wonder what that means, fear not - read this Entry.
Organised by the Isle of Wight branch of CAMRA and the Isle of Wight Bus Museum, this event sees the whole of the Isle of Wight effectively transformed into a giant pub crawl.
Groundhog Day is about futility, and about choices. If you could have a personal Groundhog Day, when and where would it be? What would you do differently? How would you change things, for yourself or for others? Pretend you've got a time machine and a second chance. Tell us about it.
February 2019 Create Challenge: Your Personal Groundhog Day
Newest Edited Entries
- Listed Buildings in England11th February 2019
- The Isle of Wight Beer and Buses Weekend11th February 2019
- Will Geer: Grandpa Walton, Communism, and the Shakespearean Garden4th February 2019
- Ancient Greek Architecture - Temples, Towns and Theatres4th February 2019
- The Kadikoy Crocodile, Istanbul, Turkey15th February 2019
- Salmon and Courgette (Zucchini) Quiche28th January 2019
- Ancient Roman Architecture – Buildings for the Masses28th January 2019
- Oystercatchers - Distinctive Wading Birds6th February 2019
- Paul Dirac - Physicist6th February 2019
- Odonata - Dragonflies, Damselflies and Demoiselles21st January 2019
- A87930165 - 'Digging Holes in Popular Culture' - a Book with a Preface by Douglas Adams 12 Hours Ago
- A87928005 - 'Orphan Black' - the Television Series 14 Hours Ago
- A87728007 - Feluda Films - II 16 Hours Ago
- A87929941 - Normality Orange 2 Days Ago
- A87930679 - Overtoun House, Dumbarton, Scotland: Dog Suicide Bridge? 3 Days Ago
This week's issue is weird and wonderful. That's all we have to say about it. Look for yourselves.
Posted to: What will supper be?
From: Ask h2g2
18 Minutes Ago
From: h2g2 Announcements
5 Hours Ago
Posted to: cancel
From: Ask h2g2
6 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."