In the 19th Century these birds were hunted for their long plumes of feathers, for use in hat-making, but they are now a protected species.
The Fantasticks: the longest-running musical in theatre history. The playwright and composer couldn't have imagined that their musical would run for 42 years and feature cast members on their way to fame.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Amazon Prime letting you down because the boss is in orbit? Santa's reindeer are on strike for new sleigh bells? The delivery dates for the must-have toys this year are somewhere in the next millennium?
Never fear: our ancestors knew what to do: make them yourself!
This month, share your gift ideas, patterns, plans, and recipes!
December 2021 Create Challenge: Do-It-Yourself Holiday Gifts
Newest Edited Entries
- Great White Egrets - Great White Members of the Heron Family7th December 2021
- Try to Remember: The Fantasticks, Long-Running Musical7th December 2021
- Northern Lapwings - Peewits29th November 2021
- How to Start a Riot by Radio: Father Knox and the BBC Panic of 192629th November 2021
- Melvil Dewey: Libraries, Antisemitism, and Sexual Harassment21st November 2021
- Roald Dahl Films: 2001-202021st November 2021
- Beverly Cleary, Children's Author15th November 2021
- Roald Dahl Films: 1980-200015th November 2021
- Posthumous Fame: The Story of Hope the Blue Whale8th November 2021
- 'L'Homme Arme: a Mass for Peace' by Karl Jenkins8th November 2021
- A88037184 - The Vertical Plane: A Tale of Poltergeists, Time Slippage, and Talkative Tachyons 2 Days Ago
- A88031225 - The Life and Works of Charlotte Bronte 2 Days Ago
- A88036798 - The Enterprise and the Founding of the US Balloon Corps 6 Days Ago
- A88027392 - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Encyclopedia Galactica 6 Days Ago
- A88026078 - The Kett Rebellion of 1549 Last Week
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."