In Narnia over 1,300 years have passed since the glory days in which the country was ruled by the Pevensie children. The Old Narnians - talking animals and mythical creatures - have been driven into hiding.
There are various ways to 'do' History, ranging from consideration of notable individuals to consideration of social groupings. Within those methods, some stories are heard more loudly than others. This Entry is a guide to the stories of LGBT+ people, and in particular those that have been told through the h2g2 Edited Guide.
In these days of uncertainty and restrictions of movement, we'd like to ask you, what would you do, if you could'?
Taking the song 'El Condor Pasa' as inspiration, tell us about your longings. Would you rather 'sail away, like a swan that here's and gone'? Where would you like to be? What would you be doing if you could?
May 2020 Create Challenge: If I Could...
Newest Edited Entries
- LGBT+ Hidden Histories - a Guide25th May 2020
- 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian' - the Film25th May 2020
- 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' - the Film18th May 2020
- St John's Beacon, Liverpool, UK18th May 2020
- The Opposite of Horse Sense: Dick Fellows' Stagecoach Robbery Fails11th May 2020
- The John Gardner James Bond Novels11th May 2020
- The Mary Rose Museum, Portsmouth, UK4th May 2020
- Mad Max - the Post-Apocalyptic Movies4th May 2020
- Titan - Saturn's Largest Moon28th April 2020
- Between Silk and Cyanide: Leo Marks Decodes SOE27th April 2020
- A87986038 - The Grey Catbird: Imaginative Singer of the Bushes 2 Hours Ago
- A87985985 - 'Let George Do It': A Phrase, and the Stories Behind It 2 Hours Ago
- A87983590 - Bearded Tits - Misnamed Birds 3 Hours Ago
- A87979199 - Three of the largest coin hoards found in the UK 23 Hours Ago
- A87985462 - The Baltimore Oriole: Bright Aristocrat of the Bushes 5 Days Ago
Spring has well and truly broken out, friends, even in western Pennsylvania. The bunnies are hopping, the seedlings growing mysteriously, the birds crowding the bird feeder, the hummingbirds humming…we love it! Take a virtual boat ride through the Everglades with Phred Firecloud. Join Willem for a time travel trip to visit a Cladosictis. Admire photographic glimpses of sky, water, gardens. Look at a tapir in a new way. Enjoy some nature-related videos.
Posted to: Communication
11 Minutes Ago
Posted to: A Pun in the oven, or no Pun intended
14 Minutes Ago
17 Minutes Ago
Posted to: I'm 20 and failed as a keeper
18 Minutes Ago
From: The Vienna Mountain Spring Pipeline - Water for the City
47 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."