People have been singing about cities since there were cities. What makes songs about Jerusalem different?
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
The U-Boat Story in the Woodside Ferry Terminal in Birkenhead is a museum dedicated to the preservation and exploration of the German submarine U-534.
Are you one of those who heaved a sigh of relief at the end of the World Cup? Do some of you feel that there is just too much sport in the summer? Come to think of it, do you dislike any activity that's done in a huge crowd? Do you swim against the stream when it comes to how to spend your leisure time? Do others think you've 'missed out', while you feel you've found your private heaven? We want you to tell us all about it! Share your stories of the alternative route!
Newest Edited Entries
- Some Songs About Jerusalem: With a Few Explanations13th August 2018
- The U-Boat Story, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK13th August 2018
- Death by Slow Cooker: Possibility, or Sales Gimmick? With Recipes7th August 2018
- Photography in Fog or Poor Visibility - Hints and Tips7th August 2018
- Queremos Ensalada de Taco: Taco Salad for the Masses16th August 2018
- 'The Beano' - the Comic30th July 2018
- The Bombing of Guernica30th July 2018
- New Ferry Butterfly Park, Wirral, UK15th August 2018
- The Potato Dumpling War of 196723rd July 2018
- Eddie Hall - World's Strongest Man 201723rd July 2018
- A87916422 - Identifying British Birds - Part 1 2 Days Ago
- A87916099 - Dark Entries by Robert Aickman 2 Days Ago
- A87916062 - Vlad the Devil and the Donauschifffahrtsgesellschaft 2 Days Ago
- A87916116 - Identifying British Birds - Part 2 3 Days Ago
- A87916035 - Norovirus - the Winter Vomiting Bug 4 Days Ago
Wild adventures, unusual finds, and summer activities feature in this week's issue of the h2g2 Post. Profusely illustrated. We've also got everything you didn't know you wanted to know about the ancient Biarmosuchians. You will be fascinated.
Posted to: Cake in the Post
From: Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O.er C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild.A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D..then again S.N.A.F.U.
56 Minutes Ago
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: Sounds like a beastly evening!
From: Join the Q: Strongman Encounter
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: A Pun in the oven, or no Pun intended
2 Hours Ago
Posted to: next word game
From: United Friends of H2G2space
2 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."