This Entry honours the brave souls who paid the ultimate price in attempting to push the boundaries of space exploration.
Author: Galaxy Babe
Rocket scientists, engineers, and astro/cosmonauts are a bunch of jolly jokers. They're way funnier than those people you watch on television. We'll prove it.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
What does independence mean to you, personally? How do you exercise your independence? More importantly, does this need for independence clash with that other need, the need to belong to a group? What independence are you willing to sacrifice in order to be part of something else? We want to know how you deal with this issue.
Independence and Belonging
Newest Edited Entries
- Astronauts and Cosmonauts - the Roll of Honour16th July 2018
- Von Braun to Musk: A Short History of Space Pranks16th July 2018
- A Philip K Dick-tionary, Not Wrapped in Wub Fur10th July 2018
- 'Maurice, or The Fisher's Cot' - a Story by Mary Shelley10th July 2018
- Electric Reassurance, the Blitz and Confusing Elevator Rides - Birkenhead Hamilton Square Underground Railway Station2nd July 2018
- 'Smallville' - the Television Series2nd July 2018
- The Phantom Battle of Edgehill: Ghostly Drive-In Movie, or Fake News Special?25th June 2018
- 'Will and Grace' - the Television Series 1998-200625th June 2018
- Walt Kelly v Joseph McCarthy: Okefenokee Swamp (and Pogo) to the Rescue18th June 2018
- 'Rivers of London' - the book series by Ben Aaronovitch20th June 2018
- A87905541 - The Isle of Wight Beer and Buses Weekend 58 Minutes Ago
- A87899161 - The Ultimate Illumination Entertainment Film Guide: 2010-2014 2 Hours Ago
- A87906360 - 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' - the Film 5 Hours Ago
- A87906379 - 'The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian' - the Film 6 Hours Ago
- A87906757 - The 'Pellucidar' Novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs 6 Hours Ago
Another beautifully illustrated issue! We have so much wildlife, we expect Mother Nature to demand royalties. Also, the usual snark, quizzes, cartoons, a video, and more!
Posted to: victory....
19 Minutes Ago
Posted to: The missing definitive collaborative entry.
From: Ask h2g2
39 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Pesky Groundhogs.
From: Buna seara: Enter of Your Own Free Will
41 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Keep Calm and Read the h2g2 Post!
From: The h2g2 Post: 16.07.18
42 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Photos and words
From: Writing Right with Dmitri: Adventures in Pornography
46 Minutes Ago
From: Peer Review
58 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."