The Roman arts style was extensively based on the arts of the Greeks but also shows Etruscan influences.
Author: Tavaron da Quirm
Paul Dirac was known for being: a Nobel-prizewinning physicist, a genius, a 'strange man' and a fan of Mickey Mouse cartoons.
Where do you work? Indoors, out? In an office, or on the high seas? Or do you, like the Post Editor, assault the internet ether from your home office while fending off cats in your pyjamas? (How did the cats get in your pyjamas?)
Wherever you work – or worked, should you have reached retirement age – you probably have stories to tell.
Join us this month for a discussion. Share your surprising workplace events, amusing anecdotes, and career insights!
March 2019 Create Challenge: Workplace Follies
Newest Edited Entries
- Arts of Roman Antiquity - Naturalism and Idealism25th March 2019
- Paul Dirac - Physicist25th March 2019
- 'Atonement' - the Novel by Ian McEwan18th March 2019
- Quentin Crisp - Artist, Author, Actor, Raconteur18th March 2019
- The Harlequin Ladybird - Pest Control Turned Pest11th March 2019
- Black Horse Westerns and Their Readers11th March 2019
- Bray Head Cliff Walk, Wicklow, Ireland4th March 2019
- 'Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde' - Four Film Adaptations4th March 2019
- Common Buzzards3rd March 2019
- The Moon Trilogy by Edgar Rice Burroughs25th February 2019
- A87933162 - The Royal Navy Submarine Museum, Gosport, Hampshire, UK 2 Days Ago
- A87928627 - How to Make a Paper Hedgehog 4 Days Ago
- A87933117 - The Trial of Anne Royall: Courageous Journalist or 'Common Scold'? Last Week
- A87933045 - Sexy Abe Lincoln: Twitter Does History Again Last Week
- A87932398 - What3words: How to Be Found on Earth, or Finally, an Electronic Thumb Last Week
The h2g2 Post is once again weird and wonderful. From ancient bison to synchronised swans swanning about, from the Insect Hotel to the cafes of Cornwall, we've got all the signs of spring for you. Feast your eyes and ears!
Posted to: Hijacked posting for off topic comment
From: Gheorgheniplex: Recognition at Last
10 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Hops
From: Seventh Sense
16 Minutes Ago
Posted to: In hot weather, stay clear of the fans
From: It's a Sign: Poo Museum
20 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."