Since 1963, Doctor Who has been a television series that has involved monsters, with the Daleks considered to be the most successful and terrifying. The Weeping Angels are the first monsters from the 21st Century's revived series to really challenge them for the top spot.
Like the Song Thrush, the Fieldfare is a bird with a speckled breast and brown feathers on its back. However, unlike the Song Thrush it has a grey head and grey rump so is distinctive if it is seen in a field or in a tree.
During the Second World War, people in the US volunteered their dogs for service in the military. We've got the receipts: enlistment papers for dogs. The K-9 corps carried messages, sniffed out explosives, dragged sleds, and guarded facilities.
This month, we're inviting our writers to come up with stories about The Dogs of War. You don't have to approve. You can write science fiction. And yes, you can write about cats. Help us out here.
Post Creative Challenge for September 2023: The Dogs of War
Newest Edited Entries
- Doctor Who Enemies: Weeping Angels11th September 2023
- Fieldfares - Birds in the Thrush Family11th September 2023
- Franz Joseph Haydn - Composer2nd September 2023
- Grebes of the Podiceps Genus - Agile Diving Birds20th August 2023
- The Waffle House Index, and How It Helps in a Storm20th August 2023
- Doctor Who Enemies: Judoon22nd August 2023
- Bad Wolf Hot Sauce Recipe17th June 2023
- How to be Antisocial in an Online Meeting20th June 2023
- Forget Me Not Care Farm, Wirral, UK17th June 2023
- Turnstones - Birds that Turn Stones19th June 2023
- A88036437 - 'Freddie Mercury: A World of His Own' - the Auction Series 6-13 September, 2023 5 Days Ago
- A88035960 - The Tank Museum, Dorset, UK 5 Days Ago
- A88036031 - Dr Mary Edwards Walker: Army Physician, Feminist, Eccentric 3 Weeks Ago
- A87986146 - Culture Clash: Japanese Anime's Influence from and Inspiration on Western Animation 3 Weeks Ago
- A88025727 - 'Medley: Intro - Venus - Sugar, Sugar - No Reply - I'll Be Back - Drive My Car - Do You Want to Know a Secret - We Can Work It Out - I Should Have Known Better - Nowhere Man - You're Going to Lose That Girl - Stars on 45' - the Song 3 Weeks Ago
This week, we're all about seeing the sights. First, there's scenery: broad vistas, breathtaking landscapes, nature in all its moods. Then there are the human-made wonders. Why is that skeleton taking a nap in that church? Where do we FIND these things? These and other questions will be answered in this week's issue of the h2g2 Post.
Posted to: Hello Jim here's a new conversation thread
From: jimcracker7's hideaway for an hour or two
2 Hours Ago
Posted to: Heat pump
From: Little Guy and Crazy Help Can Peppers
4 Hours Ago
Posted to: Cake in the Post
From: Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O.er C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild.A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D..then again S.N.A.F.U.
5 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."