New in the Edited Guide: The Show Must Go Wrong! The Televised Exploits of the Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society
For this fictional amateur dramatics acting club, in every show the perform anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
Question: Is it true that US president Ulysses S Grant once performed in Shakespeare's Othello as Desdemona? Answer: Yes and no. He played Desdemona in the rehearsals, but they hired a professional actress before opening night.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Seeking out new life and new civilisations has a long tradition with humans because they tend to move around a lot. The enterprise is not without its perils – no matter who makes the first move. This month we're asking for your thoughts on First Contact. What are your opinions on the subject?
June 2021 Create Challenge: First Contact
Newest Edited Entries
- The Show Must Go Wrong! The Televised Exploits of the Cornley Polytechnic Drama Society14th June 2021
- Ulysses S Grant in a Dress, and a Mexican War Romance14th June 2021
- The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 2017-20197th June 2021
- A Cheesy History: US Presidents and Their Dairy Gifts7th June 2021
- Hello Sailor or Hijack? The 'Nave Andromeda' Incident31st May 2021
- Harriet Tubman: Conductor on the Underground Railroad31st May 2021
- How to Avoid Being Pixie-Led: Tips for Folkloric Hitchhikers26th May 2021
- The Adams Transitional Geomagnetic Event: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Climate Change24th May 2021
- 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' - the BBC America Television Series24th May 2021
- The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 1944-199019th May 2021
- A87981060 - Leonardo da Vinci - Renaissance Man 12 Hours Ago
- A88022306 - Why Chicago Imported Feral Cats Yesterday
- A88024250 - The 1939 Voyage of the St Louis, Refugee Ship Last Week
- A88014332 - How To Make Another Cat Toy Last Week
- A88023440 - 'The Complete and Utter History of Britain' - the Television Series Last Week
We give people snapshot glimpses of our planet, just by sharing what's out our own windows. Taken all together, it's a pretty interesting view. From ancient near-giraffes to modern insects smaller than coins, we've found a lot of wildlife. Not to mention the vegetation. From North America to Europe to South Africa. It grows, and it's beautiful. Come join us for the show.
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."