Guinan is an El-Aurian, a race of listeners who live across the galaxy light-years from each other and have a lifespan of several hundred years. Guinan is down-to-Earth, yet also has superhuman qualities (similar to the omnipotent Q, almost). She is the one everyone trusts but they don't really know why.
Author: Em and Galaxy Babe
Songs can go on long journeys, and change meanings on the way. This Entry takes the song 'Dixie' as an example.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
It's back! November is NaJoPoMo, h2g2 Nation's Journal Posting Month! A posting a day from participating Researchers. Writers: please be sure to read the instructions! All you fans out there, look at the bottom of the page and in the h2g2 Post for listing and links! There will be blogs, photos, Vogon poetry (why not?), personal stories, creative writing, and the usual surprises, no doubt. Chase away the November blues with some exuberant literature!
Newest Edited Entries
- 'Star Trek' Characters - Guinan13th November 2017
- Whistling Dixie: A Pop Song and Its Politics, Then and Now13th November 2017
- James Kekela, Abraham Lincoln, and the Marquesas Cannibals6th November 2017
- 'Cilla' - the Television Series6th November 2017
- Jennie Hodgers aka Albert Cashier - Pioneering Soldier10th November 2017
- A Material Culture of Journalism: From Poking Clay to Poking Pixels6th November 2017
- How to Evict a Sleeping Bat30th October 2017
- The Green-skinned Children of Woolpit - a Medieval Mystery30th October 2017
- Llangollen Railway, North Wales, UK10th November 2017
- The Joy of PC Keyboard Shortcuts23rd October 2017
- A87891231 - The bombing of Guernika 4 Days Ago
- A87896434 - 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' - the 1979 Animation 5 Days Ago
- A87898225 - Red Dwarf's Guide to Human History Last Week
- A87897145 - Notes on the Lunatic Fringe: Art, Hair, and Emancipated Children Last Week
- A87896443 - A Philip K Dick-tionary, Not Wrapped in Wub Fur Last Week
More illustrated fun this week, with new photo essays and facts you may not have known. Did you know that Normandy had lots of cows? We were surprised, too. And then there's the plant life in South Africa. And a steam train. And a suburb in the Nether Regions.Oh, and we let you in on what really happened on 22.11.63. Investigative journalism: that's the h2g2 Post.
Posted to: Geezers converation
1 Hour Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."