Alphonse Bertillon standardised the poses for photographs in the Rogues' Gallery – full-face and right profile.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
The Complete and Utter History of Britain was a short-lived 1969 black and white television comedy series written by and starring Terry Jones and Michael Palin. Only roughly half the material survives today.
Few adults have had no failures or disappointments in their lives. Some of these are painful at the time. But they might make for good stories afterwards.
Obviously, we are not asking to know about personal tragedies – we respect your privacy! But it you have a story filled with glitches, gaffes and clouds with silver linings? We'd really like to hear about it!
January 2022 Create Challenge: Disappointments and Unexpected Adventures
Newest Edited Entries
- Alphonse Bertillon Invents the Mugshot17th January 2022
- 'The Complete and Utter History of Britain' - the Television Series17th January 2022
- The Life and Works of Emily Bronte10th January 2022
- The Execution of Private Eddie Slovik: A Story from the Second World War10th January 2022
- The Vertical Plane: A Tale of Poltergeists, Time Slippage, and Talkative Tachyons8th January 2022
- Redshanks - Wading Birds with Red Shanks8th January 2022
- Damnatio memoriae: Cancel Culture Through the Millennia4th January 2022
- The Ultimate DreamWorks Animated Film Guide: 2015-20194th January 2022
- Helen Keller Plays the Palace: A Vaudeville Story30th December 2021
- The Life and Works of Anne Bronte30th December 2021
- A44336856 - The Dinosaur Mystery at Angkor Wat 3 Days Ago
- A87806370 - How King Henry VIII dealt with the Lincolnshire Uprising and the Pilgrimage of Grace (1536-37) Last Week
- A88039786 - Major Sibley's Tent Last Week
- A88039740 - What Started the Civil War, by a Contemporary Eyewitness Last Week
- A88038778 - 'The Abominable Snow Baby' - the Television Animation 2 Weeks Ago
Sorry, this service is unavailable
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."