The dawn of 23 October, 1844 was the beginning of what was known as The Great Disappointment.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Titchfield Haven is well worth a visit if you are interested in wildlife, wading birds and widgeon
This month, let's talk about changes. Do you embrace change, or run from it? Tell us about changes in your life. Are your horizons widening? Have you learned a new language, or taken up a sport? Do you have plans to travel or move? Share your adventures with us in the September challenge!
Ringing the Changes
Newest Edited Entries
- The Great Disappointment of 1844: Millerites and Fake News25th September 2017
- Titchfield Haven National Nature Reserve, Hampshire, UK25th September 2017
- Jane Addams and the Devil Baby: Fake News, 1913 Style18th September 2017
- The Ultimate Pixar Animated Film Guide: 2000-200418th September 2017
- John Brown's Body: The Battle Hymn of Snark11th September 2017
- 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' - the Television Series11th September 2017
- 'The Good Old Days'4th September 2017
- 'Monsters, Inc.' - the Film4th September 2017
- Homemade Lemon Curd28th August 2017
- 'Flaming Pie' - the Album28th August 2017
- A87895769 - The Hammond/Leslie Feud: A Musical Fight with Organ Accompaniment 2 Days Ago
- A87893220 - The Mona Lisa - an Enigmatic Work of Art 2 Days Ago
- A87894463 - 'Will and Grace' - the Television Series 1998-2006 5 Days Ago
- A87895156 - The Phantom Battle of Edgehill: Ghostly Drive-In Movie, or Fake News Special? Last Week
- A87894788 - Llangollen Railway, North Wales Last Week
We're looking at monkeys again. We're talking to chatbots again. We've been back to the movies, and it was hair-raising. So what else is new? Man, you wouldn't believe it. . . we've got stories that will astound you, quizzes that will make your head explode, pictures you won't believe. . . cats? Oh, yeah, them, too.
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."