This Entry honours the brave souls who paid the ultimate price in attempting to push the boundaries of space exploration.
Author: Galaxy Babe
Rocket scientists, engineers, and astro/cosmonauts are a bunch of jolly jokers. They're way funnier than those people you watch on television. We'll prove it.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
What does independence mean to you, personally? How do you exercise your independence? More importantly, does this need for independence clash with that other need, the need to belong to a group? What independence are you willing to sacrifice in order to be part of something else? We want to know how you deal with this issue.
Independence and Belonging
Newest Edited Entries
- A Philip K Dick-tionary, Not Wrapped in Wub Fur10th July 2018
- 'Maurice, or The Fisher's Cot' - a Story by Mary Shelley10th July 2018
- Electric Reassurance, the Blitz and Confusing Elevator Rides - Birkenhead Hamilton Square Underground Railway Station2nd July 2018
- 'Smallville' - the Television Series2nd July 2018
- The Phantom Battle of Edgehill: Ghostly Drive-In Movie, or Fake News Special?25th June 2018
- 'Will and Grace' - the Television Series 1998-200625th June 2018
- Walt Kelly v Joseph McCarthy: Okefenokee Swamp (and Pogo) to the Rescue18th June 2018
- 'Rivers of London' - the book series by Ben Aaronovitch20th June 2018
- Llangollen Railway, North Wales, UK11th June 2018
- The Ultimate Marvel Film Guide: 2010-201411th June 2018
- A87912778 - The Black Prince's Ruby and some of the Misfortunes that Befell the British Monarchy since its Aquisition 17 Minutes Ago
- A87907738 - parkruns of the Isle of Wight and Hampshire 15 Hours Ago
- A87906757 - The 'Pellucidar' Novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs Yesterday
- A87913894 - The Case of the Midwife Toad: Science, Sex, and Chicanery 2 Days Ago
- A87910356 - The Moon Trilogy by Edgar Rice Burroughs 4 Days Ago
Another beautifully illustrated issue! We have so much wildlife, we expect Mother Nature to demand royalties. Also, the usual snark, quizzes, cartoons, a video, and more!
Posted to: Subbing Space Pranks
From: Buna seara: Enter of Your Own Free Will
4 Minutes Ago
From: h2g2 Announcements
10 Minutes Ago
From: Peer Review
17 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Wetland denizens in North America?
From: Colours of Wildlife: Black-Crowned Night Heron
1 Hour Ago
Posted to: Sentence game : add 4 words
From: Games Room
1 Hour Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."