This Entry honours the brave souls who paid the ultimate price in attempting to push the boundaries of space exploration.
Author: Galaxy Babe
Rocket scientists, engineers, and astro/cosmonauts are a bunch of jolly jokers. They're way funnier than those people you watch on television. We'll prove it.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
What does independence mean to you, personally? How do you exercise your independence? More importantly, does this need for independence clash with that other need, the need to belong to a group? What independence are you willing to sacrifice in order to be part of something else? We want to know how you deal with this issue.
Independence and Belonging
Newest Edited Entries
- Astronauts and Cosmonauts - the Roll of Honour16th July 2018
- Von Braun to Musk: A Short History of Space Pranks16th July 2018
- A Philip K Dick-tionary, Not Wrapped in Wub Fur10th July 2018
- 'Maurice, or The Fisher's Cot' - a Story by Mary Shelley10th July 2018
- Electric Reassurance, the Blitz and Confusing Elevator Rides - Birkenhead Hamilton Square Underground Railway Station2nd July 2018
- 'Smallville' - the Television Series2nd July 2018
- The Phantom Battle of Edgehill: Ghostly Drive-In Movie, or Fake News Special?25th June 2018
- 'Will and Grace' - the Television Series 1998-200625th June 2018
- Walt Kelly v Joseph McCarthy: Okefenokee Swamp (and Pogo) to the Rescue18th June 2018
- 'Rivers of London' - the book series by Ben Aaronovitch20th June 2018
- A87899774 - The Ultimate Carry On Film Guide: 1958 - 1964 9 Hours Ago
- A87913894 - The Case of the Midwife Toad: Science, Sex, and Chicanery 17 Hours Ago
- A87913371 - Chemical Bonding - Secondary School Content 22 Hours Ago
- A87903859 - Khyber's Kilts and Bristols: Sex, Sexism and Stereotyped Women in the 'Carry On' Films 23 Hours Ago
- A87905541 - The Isle of Wight Beer and Buses Weekend Yesterday
Another beautifully illustrated issue! We have so much wildlife, we expect Mother Nature to demand royalties. Also, the usual snark, quizzes, cartoons, a video, and more!
Posted to: Sentence game : add 4 words
From: Games Room
58 Minutes Ago
Posted to: New job (GB)
3 Hours Ago
Posted to: next word game
From: United Friends of H2G2space
4 Hours Ago
Posted to: Word association.
From: Games Room
4 Hours Ago
Posted to: is it afternoon or evening over there ???
From: Hello I am Mad Spender....broke because,well...
6 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."