Maryam Mirzakhani made history in 2014 when she became the first female winner of the Fields Medal, the highest honour in mathematics.
This peculiar educational activity flourished in Baptist churches, particularly in the US, in the middle of the 20th Century.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Newest Edited Entries
- Can We Ever Forgive Her? Lee Israel and Her Literary Forgeries8th October 2018
- Roger Lancelyn Green - Author8th October 2018
- The Black Prince's Ruby and some of the Misfortunes that Befell the British Monarchy since its Acquisition14th October 2018
- More Fake News: Geoffrey Tandy and the Algae That Saved Civilisation1st October 2018
- Poulton Hall, Wirral, UK1st October 2018
- John Middleton - the Childe of Hale24th September 2018
- Mo-Cap and Performance Capture24th September 2018
- Moss and Lichen - a Guide for Gardeners12th October 2018
- 'Countess Kate' - a Novel by Charlotte Yonge17th September 2018
- 'The Beatles' aka 'The White Album'17th September 2018
- A87918664 - The Harlequin Ladybird - Pest Control Turned Pest 2 Days Ago
- A87918989 - Arts of the Middle Ages - sacred words and sacred pictures Last Week
- A87915036 - Ancient Roman Architecture – buildings for the masses Last Week
- A87901860 - Favourite Festive Films Last Week
- A87918286 - E Power Biggs versus Virgil Fox: Despatches from the Organ Wars Last Week
More than a dozen of the weirdest and most talented people on the planet have pooled their resources to bring you this issue. We think you should appreciate. The photos will blow you away.
Posted to: Sentence game : add 4 words
From: Games Room
2 Minutes Ago
From: h2g2 Announcements
26 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Subbing Sword Drill
From: Buna seara: Enter of Your Own Free Will
34 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."