What the Dinosaur (III)

1 Conversation

THE STORY SO FAR


The seaside bucket and spade town of Sandown, Isle of Wight is sleeping peacefully, unaware of the terror in its midst. For Dr Beeching has unleashed upon it a Neovenator, a prehistoric flesh-eating monster from the dawn of time the size of an Allosaurus, whose every footstep causes the ground to shake, the waters to quake and puddles to ripple and wibble. Newly awoken from the Cretaceous, the Neovenator's first act is to speak of his unquenching thirst for [Aside: Is this right? Are you sure it isn't supposed to say 'human blood'? Fine, I'll say the line but you're ruining the story. Now where was I?] The Neovenator has awoken with an insatiable, blood-chilling thirst - for a nice pot of tea. What further despicable, nightmarish acts that will haunt you for all eternity await as it presses the button at the Pedestrian Crossing and waits patiently for the man to turn green, allowing it to safely cross the road? Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!Episode III of a 20-part adventureWhy did the dinosaur cross the road? How did it pronounce the word 'scone' - to rhyme with 'cone', 'done' or 'gone'? These and other questions will remain unanswered in next week's horrific instalment of What the Dinosaur.

No humans were harmed, bitten, chewed, swallowed or digested in the making of these drawings, but hopefully we'll have better luck next time.

Author's Note:

The Neovenator lived approximately one hundred and twenty five million years ago, but I've rounded it up to sixty million, which has fewer letters and so is easier to write. After all, I've very limited room in the speech bubbles.

What the Dinosaur
I - II - III - IV - V
VI - VII - VIII - IX - X
XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV
XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX
A reader of the h2g2 Post
The Bluebottle Archive

Bluebottle

15.07.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87942414

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more