What the Dinosaur (V)

2 Conversations

THE STORY SO FAR


Millions of years ago the dinosaurs ruled the Earth. Since their discovery by Sir Richard Owen in 18421, palaeontologists have long suspected that dinosaurs had far more fun than we humans do. This might be what led Dr Beeching, working late at the dinosaur museum in Sandown, Isle of Wight, to inadvertently resurrect a carnivourous Neovenator. This fearsome, unstoppable behemoth is endangering our very sanity by strolling along the beach.Episode V of a 20-part adventureWas the Isle of Wight the epicentre of the dinosaurs' civilisation? What theological beliefs, if any, did the dinosaurs hold? If reptilian in origin and/or possibly cold-blooded, would their concept of purgatory be of extreme cold rather than heat? What is the Neovenator's position on antidisestablishmentarianism? And did those claws in ancient times walk upon the Isle of Wight's sands of green2? Sing praises unto our reptilian overlords and prey3 that, in Their mercy, they will allow us all to read next week's sacred scripture, What the Dinosaur!
What the Dinosaur
I - II - III - IV - V
VI - VII - VIII - IX - X
XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV
XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX
A reader of the h2g2 Post
The Bluebottle Archive

Bluebottle

29.07.19 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Owen created the word 'Dinosaur' when studying an Iguanodon sacrum discovered on the Isle of Wight in late 1841.2And yellow and black and grey and white and red and orange and pink...3Sorry, that should be 'pray' – we're not their prey, obviously, honest…

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87943602

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more