A Conversation for What the Dinosaur (III)

Jam first

Post 1

cactuscafe

Or cream first?.hmm. Ah yes, sixty million years is nothing, little dino teashop friend. One has to get these things right.

And do you pour the tea first, or the milk? smiley - tea

You are a very charming dino. OK so if I didn't know you and saw you crossing the road I might screech to a halt, do a U turn.

Its the same the other way round. See, if you saw an old lady charging through the undergrowth when you were, erm, around the first time, you might panic.

Oh, oops, you mean you don't know what I mean about being around the first time. Erm, OK so...


Jam first

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

Brilliant episode - great mention of the Tiger Who Came to Tea, too smiley - ok


Jam first

Post 3

Bluebottle

The Devonshire aka Devonian way to eat a scone is cream then jam, the Cornish way is jam then cream. But of course the Devonian is also a geological era.

They used to walk the tiger cubs along the beach at the Isle of Wight Zoo which is next door to Dinosaur Isle – see http://isleofwightzoo.com/about and for a more recent picture of tigers on the beach there see: http://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article12797997.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/aysha.jpg

I like to think that after a stroll along the beach the tigers pop into the café for a smiley - tea

<BB<


Jam first

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Wow, that is amazing to see the tigers going for a walk on the beach - definitely time for tea after that, as I could imagine they would be thirsty!


Jam first

Post 5

cactuscafe

Heheh. Oh I seeeee. The Devonian is also a geological era. smiley - rofl. Clever dino dialogue. Like the dino dialogue.


Jam first

Post 6

Bluebottle

I'll be honest, I'm not convinced about the authenticity of the second photo. I found it on newspaper The Mirror's website attached to a story about Chris Peckham's girlfriend, but if memory serves about 5? years ago the Isle of Wight Zoo and local paper ran an April Fools' Days story about them resuming walking tiger cubs on the beach, so this might be a doctored photo originally created for then. (Apparently the zoo was overwhelmed with responses from locals saying they thought it was a brilliant idea and they missed seeing the tigers on the beach, and no-one objected smiley - laugh)

Yep, both Devonian and Cambrian are geological eras – there isn't a Cornish geological era, alas, which is why I went for Cambrian (it was either that or Carboniferous which is a bit of a mouthful).
There are Cornish pasties, ice cream, clotted cream and way to eat scones – even Cornish hens in America - but not a geological era. Disappointingly, despite the name, you are unlikely to find dinosaurs at Cornwall's Lizard peninsula.

<BB<


Jam first

Post 7

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

There are also the Mississippian and Pennsylvanian eras. No scones in either place, though.

I think the difference could be expressed in pizza - Pennsylvanian pizza would have mushrooms. smiley - whistle Which might or might not make up for the giant millipedes.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for What the Dinosaur (III)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more