h2g2 Post 02.09.04

3 Conversations


Posted: 2nd September 2004

September already!

After the excitement of the August Bank Holiday last Monday in England and Wales (not Scotland who have one at the start of August instead) and the glittering if slightly overlong end to the Olympics, most children and students prepare to attend school and college again. Of course here in Holland and no doubt most of the rest of Europe, the USA and Antipodes, school is already in full swing. This section of the year always seems to drag by somewhat. Holidays are a distant glow in the mind and half term seems a long way off. In Alphen, however, we have the 'JaarMaarkt' to look forward to in a couple of Wednesdays time. Why am I telling you this? Because I have an afternoon/evening of DJ duties to perform and so will be unavailable for late night editing. I will remind you all nearer the time, of course, but please bear in mind that the 'official' deadline for Post articles is on a Monday at midnight GMT. This gives Greebo and myself plenty of time to organise your regular weekly read!

Talking of 'The Post Team' I hope that you will all join us in welcoming Titania as the new ADE - Assistant Deputy Editor. She will primarily be responsible for maintaining the Back Issue pages, the club pages and the Classified Ads which will now be run by The Post.

Also in this edition, we are now linking in our 'news' section to the newly formed WOTeva, a newsletter for young teens in and around h2g2. In this week's issue are TV and film reviews, the Top Forty and gaming plus useful links to other teen-oriented pages on h2g2. If you are one of our younger readers - or young at heart - why not pop over and say hello.

Finally, a reminder that the Post is always happy to receive articles from new and old contributors. The h2g2 Philosopher's Guild could do with more of your thoughts, the H2G2 Bookworms Club needs more reviewers, The Post
Room 101 Message Service
is waiting for your suggestions (please read the rules in the article for this first) and we are always on the look out for poetry, fiction and recipes! Next week also coincides with 11 September so your thoughts/memories of that dreadful event are also invited. More information can be found at The Post Office or by reading Inside The Post and Other Stories...

ShazzPRME


 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

  • The Post Room 101

  • Egon on People and 'X'-gate scandals,

    Sports Gear and complaints about TV Sport

FEATURES
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 

  • WOTeva

  • Up to the minute teen newsletter

  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2876105

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more