Situated a few miles outside Liverpool City Centre, Sudley House is a
Victorian stately home that is renowned for being the only one in the
world still containing its owner's original collection of paintings.
In Kilbride Cemetery, about 2km outside of Arklow in south Wicklow,
Ireland, there is a pyramid. It is quite a small one as pyramids go,
being only about 30 feet high. On close inspection, it is found to be on
a raised square base. This is an 18th-Century tomb.
Newest Edited Entries
- The Arklow Pyramid, Wicklow, Ireland24th August 2015
- Sudley House, Liverpool, UK 24th August 2015
- The Schlieffen Plan17th August 2015
- Mary Croghan Schenley: Love and Real Estate17th August 2015
- The Perseid Meteor Shower10th August 2015
- The Isle of Wight's Round the Island Cycle Route10th August 2015
- Actors, Petroleum, and History: John Wilkes Booth and the Dramatic Oil Company10th August 2015
- The Sinking of the Shinano7th August 2015
- Doctor Who Enemies: Cassandra3rd August 2015
- Birkenhead Priory, Wirral, UK15th August 2015
- A87858481 - The Avengers: An Episode Guide 4 Hours Ago
- A87858850 - Balaam: Donkey Abuser or Rescuer of Civilisations? The Deir Alla Puzzle 7 Hours Ago
- A87856564 - League of Nations Last Week
- A87856465 - The Charter of the United Nations Last Week
- A87858760 - Main Organs of the United Nations Last Week
This week, it's all about farming at the h2g2 Post. We have thrilling accounts of chicken racing and dragging with lawn tractors. We have a dire warning about the dangerously addictive nature of poultry raising. We take a look at holidays on an old-fashioned Austrian farm, while finding out what it's like to be a virtual goat. They haven't done much planting in space yet, but when they do, Galaxy Babe will find out about it...Come enjoy our harvest of great stories and photos!
Posted to: strange anniversary
2 Hours Ago
Posted to: Wonderful!
From: Breaking h2g2 News: Robbie Stamp Swims the Channel
2 Hours Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."