Superman is a comic book character created in 1938 who featured in a series of short animated films. As these films were made during the Second World War, its impact can be seen in the stories told.
The works of JRR Tolkien describe the fictional world of Middle Earth.
This is inhabited by a number of different types of 'speaking peoples' -
those creatures gifted with intelligence. The Dwarves are a hardy race,
small and stocky. They are very strong and can endure great hardship
without much ill effects.
Newest Edited Entries
- Tolkien's Dwarves23rd February 2015
- Superman's Wartime Animation23rd February 2015
- Living on Jupiter16th February 2015
- 'The Lost World' - The 2001 BBC Adaptation16th February 2015
- The Mars/Barsoom Books of Edgar Rice Burroughs9th February 2015
- The Boscombe Police Box, Dorset, UK9th February 2015
- Alan Dean Foster - Author2nd February 2015
- 'The Lost World' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle2nd February 2015
- Willis O'Brien - Creator of Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World27th January 2015
- From Kolbasa to Grits: What's for Dinner in Space?3rd February 2015
- A87848996 - Digital Single Lens Reflex Cameras. Yesterday
- A861220 - How to Pronounce Turkish 2 Days Ago
- A87848220 - The Basic Battle Facts -- The English Civil War - Naseby 2 Days Ago
- A882498 - The Monkey and the Coconuts - a Mathematical Problem 3 Days Ago
- A87847933 - Gnomon's Guide: Bray Head Cliff Walk, Wicklow, Ireland 3 Days Ago
Is March coming in like a lion? Rejoice, friends, spring is around the corner, relatively speaking. In the meantime, have another sip of coffee, a piece of whatever baked goods you prefer, and a read of your favourite periodical: the h2g2 Post! That will warm the cockles of your heart for sure. Share and enjoy!
Posted to: I have made a start on the magnum opus
30 Minutes Ago
Posted to: When does spring start in your world?
From: Ask h2g2
32 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Okay chaps, I'm going in
33 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."