Richard III is not the only English monarch whose mortal remains have
been lost. Many of these monarchs are still missing today. This, then,
is the story of the other missing, muddled and misplaced monarchs and
the heightened interest in locating them since Richard's rediscovery.
The Caldwell Catalogue was compiled by Sir Patrick Moore. His intention
was to create a viewing list to challenge the 'backyard astronomer' –
keen amateurs like himself.
Author: Galaxy Babe
Newest Edited Entries
- The Caldwell Catalogue27th July 2015
- Missing, Misplaced and Muddled Monarchs27th July 2015
- The Sinking of the Shinano27th July 2015
- Doctor Who Enemies: Cassandra27th July 2015
- Doctor Who Enemies: Omega20th July 2015
- Goldfinches20th July 2015
- The Perseid Meteor Shower30th July 2015
- Cinemas in Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK16th July 2015
- Fallout - the Post-apocalyptic Computer Game Series13th July 2015
- The Monkey and the Coconuts - a Mathematical Problem30th July 2015
- A87857590 - The Avengers Enemies: Cybernauts 2 Days Ago
- A87857662 - Rover - the Rise and Fall of a Car Manufacturer 2 Days Ago
- A87793960 - James Ist, The First Stuart King of England 3 Days Ago
- A87850344 - 'Truckers' - the Television Series 3 Days Ago
- A87841704 - Walk from Glossop to Hadfield via Bleaklow 3 Days Ago
We're going to make a prediction: if you don't read this issue of the Post, you will be sorry to have missed out on all the fun. We also predict that if you read it you will be by turns enlightened, gobsmacked, overcome by giggles, awed by beauty, and inspired. Just see if you aren't. Come find out why elephants hate Boers but love porkbushes, why FWR's cat is a menace to society, and what makes space so darned intriguing. We'll even tell you what's on at the cinema, and teach you how to stare at goats! (We are not responsible if the goats stare back.) Worth far more than the price of admission, the h2g2 Post.
Posted to: Lock your doors
From: Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O.er C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild.A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D..then again S.N.A.F.U.
12 Minutes Ago
19 Minutes Ago
Posted to: How do you cope with hot flushes?
From: Ask h2g2
33 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."