John Muir was one of the first modern conservationists and has also been called the founder of America's National Parks.
A quirky Entry highlighting some of the stars labelled as 6th brightest in their constellations.
Author: Galaxy Babe
Newest Edited Entries
- Guitar Hero - the Console Games24th July 2014
- 'Victor Victoria' - the 1982 Film21st July 2014
- Colonel Johnson and the Love Apple: Tomatoes Make History21st July 2014
- The Multilinguality of Astronomy14th July 2014
- Port Sunlight, Wirral, UK14th July 2014
- Thrust2 - a Record-Breaking Car7th July 2014
- The Museum of Liverpool, UK7th July 2014
- Participating in a Mass Run30th June 2014
- Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Winchester, Hampshire, UK30th June 2014
- Conchita Wurst - Winner of Eurovision 201426th June 2014
- A87835639 - How to Create a Tomato Flower Garnish 18 Minutes Ago
- A87835693 - 'A Midsummer Night's Sexy Comedy' - Woody Allen film (1982) 22 Minutes Ago
- A87835396 - The Ordnance Survey 3 Days Ago
- A87810672 - Travelling from Edinburgh to London (and back again) 3 Days Ago
- A87832696 - Willis O'Brien - Creator of the Eighth Wonder of the World 3 Days Ago
The Commonwealth games are in full swing, we have a review of the opening ceremony. There are a couple of Journeys in this week, pop over and read about them. The h2g2 Comic will make you think. There's loads more to enjoy.
Posted to: Subbing The Many Centres of a Triangle
From: Icy North
16 Minutes Ago
From: Peer Review
18 Minutes Ago
From: Peer Review
22 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."