The purpose of Towel Day is to honour the life and work of Douglas Adams and in particular all things related to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Author: SashaQ and Rebecca
When it comes to weaning their baby many people take the seemingly easy way of buying jars of puree. However, making your own baby food is not as much work as it may sound.
Author: Tavaron da Quirm
Newest Edited Entries
- Towel Day23rd May 2016
- Homemade Baby Food23rd May 2016
- The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 2010-201416th May 2016
- Cheese Puffs: The Happy Accident of Extruded Junk Food16th May 2016
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Star Trek Sex, but Were Afraid to Ask a Trekkie22nd May 2016
- Raising a Family in a Science Fiction Television Series9th May 2016
- Operation Black Buck9th May 2016
- Louis XIII of France23rd May 2016
- 'Minions' - the Film19th May 2016
- The Evolution of the Dandies2nd May 2016
- A861220 - How to Pronounce Turkish - PR Version 58 Minutes Ago
- A87871305 - Port Sunlight River Park, Wirral, UK 1 Hour Ago
- A87847384 - The Dolmabahce Palace, Istanbul, Turkey - PR Version 2 Hours Ago
- A87871062 - 'Westminster Mass', a Musical Work by Roxanna Panufnik 23 Hours Ago
- A87871639 - Howth Cliff Walk and the Bog of Frogs - PR Version Yesterday
It's a Towel Day extravaganza! This week, the Post is Towel Central. The Core Team reveal their favourites in a h2g2 Post exclusive, while the massively useful textile shows up all over the place. Where will you and your towel be on 25 May? Get psyched up for the event.
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."