Many US presidents have been noted for their martial prowess. So it's
not surprising that somebody might ask Abe Lincoln what he did in the
fighting line. It wouldn't be surprising, either, to find that Lincoln
would make light of his military service, such as it was. Lincoln wasn't
known for his lust for military glory, nor for his approval of war.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
The 1990s were one of Disney animation's most successful periods, especially the first half of the decade which is often nicknamed 'The Disney Renaissance'.
Newest Edited Entries
- The Ultimate Disney Classic Animated Film Guide: 1990-199913th April 2015
- Abraham Lincoln, Indian Fighter: A Future President in the Black Hawk War13th April 2015
- Grim's Ditch from Hampshire to Middlesex7th April 2015
- From the Horse's Mouth: Homestead and Carnegie from Primary Sources7th April 2015
- The Aelric Books of Richard Blake30th March 2015
- Andrew Carnegie: Steel, Money and Culture30th March 2015
- Vega - the Summer Sapphire Star5th April 2015
- Solent Coasts Cycle Challenge23rd March 2015
- How to Apologise Insincerely23rd March 2015
- Margaret Bulkley aka Dr James Barry - Pioneering Surgeon29th March 2015
This week, the h2g2 Post is profusely and beautifully illustrated. We've got pics from all over: art, nature, travel, and oddities galore! Join us as we explore life, the universe, and everything we can find out about the planet we live on.
Posted to: Mr Bradford's residence
12 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."