If you trust tourist guides, the Botanical Garden would rank in the
second half of top ten places to visit in the city of Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil. Definitely worth a visit, but not commonly associated with the
usual stereotypical things to do in Rio. But looked at from a different
perspective, the Garden is perhaps among the best romantic places to go
for a stroll with your significant other.
Author: Dr Exu and Paloma G
If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one to hear it, does it make a sound? If a planet forms, and there are no scientists to measure it, does the time scale matter? This is a look at one spot on Earth, 'under the aspect of eternity'.
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Newest Edited Entries
- Pittsburgh Sub Specie Aeternitatis23rd November 2015
- Great Kissing Places: Botanical Garden, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil23rd November 2015
- Terry Pratchett's Television Adaptations16th November 2015
- Basic Battle Facts: The Battle of Naseby16th November 2015
- Balaam: Donkey Abuser or Rescuer of Civilisations? The Deir Alla Puzzle9th November 2015
- Isle of Wight Shipwrecks: Hoegh Osaka9th November 2015
- The Benefits of Post Test Training - Advanced Riding2nd November 2015
- 'How I Met Your Mother' - the TV Show2nd November 2015
- Birkenhead Park, Wirral, UK4th November 2015
- The Thirteen Club: Debunkers or Mythmakers?5th November 2015
- A87859282 - The Nazgul, Tolkien's Black Riders - PR Version 2 Hours Ago
- A87859273 - The Bohernabreena Reservoirs, County Dublin, Ireland - PR Version 3 Hours Ago
- A87856465 - The Charter of the United Nations 3 Hours Ago
- A87849463 - Digital Camera Lenses 6 Hours Ago
- A87849102 - Digital Cameras. AKA Digital Pocket Cameras 1 Yesterday
NaJoPoMo is still going strong! Come join us as we feature some highlights (and please remember to read and comment on journals this month). In addition, we've got an unusual picture for you to caption, a remarkable bird for you to admire, a film to consider, and more!
40 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Geezers converation
58 Minutes Ago
1 Hour Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."