Join the small-scale world of the enthusiasts who make tiny replicas of rail journeys. This series of Entries has been lovingly crafted over several months by a team of Researchers and is a comprehensive guide honed from their personal experiences.
Author: Skinnylinny et al
Bagels are brilliant, let's face it. Anyone who doesn't think so has probably only ever had shop bought, mass-produced ones. If that is the case, you really need to try this easy recipe.
In December 1993, Richard Creasey assembled an international team, endorsed by the United Nations as part of its 50th anniversary celebrations, which would attempt to be the first ever to drive from London to New York - a journey that was considered at the time to be absurd and quite impossible by a whole bunch of expert commentators.
Folk wisdom says that March 'comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb'. With climate change all over the planet these days, we're not sure. But a lot of events in our lives are like that. What starts out as a major trauma turns out to be a minor dust-up. This month Create wants to hear your stories about happy accidents and chance inventions.
In Like a Lion
Newest Edited Entries
- Bagels - A Simple Recipe23rd February 2014
- Model Railways - The Complete Guide23rd February 2014
- 'Past Masters: Volume Two' - the Album22nd February 2014
- Taiho Jutsu – The Arresting Martial Art17th February 2014
- How to Make Your Mark in US History: The Hero and the Soundbite17th February 2014
- How to Bake a Perfect Cake with a Silicone Mould9th February 2014
- Count Sandor Vay - A Transgender Icon9th February 2014
- 'Clash of the Titans' - The 1981 Film26th February 2014
- Walt Disney Imagineering9th February 2014
- 'Jason and the Argonauts' - the Film26th February 2014
- A87824686 - Extrasolar Planet Groundbreakers 10 Hours Ago
- A87824677 - Alan Hollinghurst - Author 10 Hours Ago
- A87794437 - The Court Of France - Intrigue Scandal And Charles Found A Wife 3 Days Ago
- A87818188 - Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag 3 Days Ago
- A87824334 - Walt Disney's Wartime Animation 3 Days Ago
Where would you like to go? Out into the woods, to view the wildlife? Into the cinema, for fictional adventures? Down familiar streets, or unfamiliar ones? The Post has it all!
- What's New in Peer Review 29 Minutes Ago
- Britishness and tea - or is it Englishness? 43 Minutes Ago
- Why do we keep getting the same stories over and over on TV dramas 53 Minutes Ago
- New h2g2 radio recording announced 12 Hours Ago
- "What news story has caught your attention today?" thread 14 Hours Ago
Posted to: Cake in the Post
6 Minutes Ago
Posted to: The expendables
8 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."
Co-founded by the h2g2 community, the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Foundation is an independent charity honouring Douglas Adams' memory by supporting people around the world trying to improve their communication skills, especially basic literacy skills.