It's pretty easy to see where the centre of a circle, square or rectangle is, but the triangle is different, and it's because triangles come in all shapes and sizes.
Author: Icy North
The movie Forbidden Planet was released in 1956. A thought-provoking and spectacular foray to a distant planet, it established many of the conventions which later became enshrined in classics such as Star Trek.
Newest Edited Entries
- The Many Centres of a Triangle30th September 2014
- 'Forbidden Planet' - the Movie24th September 2014
- Getting a Meal on the Table on Time22nd September 2014
- The Merseyside Maritime Museum, Liverpool, UK15th September 2014
- Yawn - the Top Ten Most Unexciting Things in the Cosmos15th September 2014
- Giving and Getting Flowers8th September 2014
- Dangerous Females: The Flapper Hair Revolution of the 1920s8th September 2014
- The McKinley Assassination: Greed and the Lone Gunman2nd September 2014
- Why the Far Side of the Moon Looks Different2nd September 2014
- The King of Prussia and the Potato Edict of 175627th August 2014
- A87840273 - How the Swordfish Won the War 46 Minutes Ago
- A87836089 - How I Met Your Mother 2 Hours Ago
- A87838249 - 'Primeval' - the Television Series 3 Days Ago
- A87835378 - Spy-Fi and Telefantasy - The British Adventure Series of the 1960s and 70s 3 Days Ago
- A87832353 - Nicolas Louis de la Caille, his Lunar Crater and the X on the Terminator 4 Days Ago
The Post is pleased to announce a bumper issue of news, views, and awesome stories! Dive in, explore! More guilty pleasures, some exciting news from space, entertainment, and visits with familiar friends. What's not to like?
Posted to: [no subject]
From: United Friends of H2G2space
13 Minutes Ago
Posted to: 109Xth Conversation at Lil's
From: LIL'S ATELIER
33 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."