Algol, also known as beta Persei, is the second brightest star in the constellation of Perseus. It bears the unusual nickname of the Demon Star. Algol is physically an unusual star, being the second variable star to be discovered.
Though not one of his greatest works, this is Ray Harryhausen's masterpiece in the original sense of the word; the film proved he was no longer merely the apprentice and protégé of Willis 'Obie' O'Brien, but a master filmmaker in his own right.
Newest Edited Entries
- 'The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms' - the Film27th October 2014
- Algol - the Demon Star27th October 2014
- Walt Disney's Wartime Animation20th October 2014
- The Walker Art Gallery, Liverpool, UK20th October 2014
- Barbershop Singing13th October 2014
- The Blank Page Book13th October 2014
- The Great Telescope of Birr Castle, Ireland6th October 2014
- Perigee-syzygy Moon, or, 'Supermoon'6th October 2014
- The Many Centres of a Triangle30th September 2014
- 'Forbidden Planet' - the Movie24th September 2014
- A87794437 - The Court Of France - Intrigue Scandal And Charles Found A Wife 7 Hours Ago
- A87794419 - George Villiers The Duke of Buckingham 8 Hours Ago
- A87839491 - World Museum Liverpool, UK 10 Hours Ago
- A87794400 - Henry Elizabeth and Charles Stuart 10 Hours Ago
- A87793960 - James Ist, The First Stuart King of England 10 Hours Ago
They're out in force, those ghouls, ghosts, and goblins. And we've got 'em all here: your Halloween fun, and much more! Join us for the end-of-October bash, and get ready for November's NaJoPoMo rush.
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."