Willis Harold O'Brien, known as 'Obie', was one of the 20th Century's most important and visionary filmmakers and was the pioneering, Oscar-winning stop-motion animator who created King Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World. It may have been beauty that killed the beast, but it was O'Brien who gave him life, and inspired filmmakers for generations to come.
For millennia, humans have dreamed of entering space. Now, they can. One of the first questions after, 'How do we get there?', 'How do we avoid dying for lack of air?', and 'How do we avoid running into the bulkhead in microgravity?' is, 'What can we eat?'
Author: Dmitri Gheorgheni
Newest Edited Entries
- Willis O'Brien - Creator of Kong, the Eighth Wonder of the World27th January 2015
- From Kolbasa to Grits: What's for Dinner in Space?27th January 2015
- The Trick that Fooled Churchill19th January 2015
- The Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds, West Yorkshire19th January 2015
- 'Primeval' - the Television Series12th January 2015
- Folk or Fake? The Strange Journeys of Tunes and Their Composers12th January 2015
- The First Woman in Space - Valentina Tereshkova27th January 2015
- Male (Role) Models: Macaronis, Flaneurs, Crooners, Bronies28th January 2015
- Planxty5th January 2015
- World Museum Liverpool, UK5th January 2015
- A87847212 - The Battle Against Ebola 2 Hours Ago
- A87843513 - UPDATE - A72840972 Doctor Who Episode Guide: 2010-2013 3 Hours Ago
- A87822264 - How to Make a Proper Russian Table 2 Days Ago
- A87846439 - How Do You Sleep at Night with Copulating Insects - The Lennon/McCartney Lyrics War 2 Days Ago
- A87845890 - The Andromeda Galaxy (Messier 31) Last Week
Are you adrift in the Information Underground without a map? Look no further. The h2g2 Post is your guide to fun facts and amazing insights! We've got it all: laughter, tears, and reflection. From outer space to inner creativity, from the vast ocean to that creepy dark corner behind your kitchen range, the h2g2 Post boldly goes where no internet publication has gone before.
Posted to: Girls names ending in n... can anyone help?
From: Ask h2g2
39 Minutes Ago
Posted to: Advertising stupidity - now with added Title
From: Ask h2g2
42 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."