The Williamson Art Gallery and Museum was opened in 1928 to hold Birkenhead's burgeoning art collection.
The race known as Homo reptilia in the BBC series Doctor Who is related to two of the Doctor's already established enemies, the Silurians and Sea Devils.
Newest Edited Entries
- Doctor Who Enemies: Homo Reptilia18th August 2014
- Williamson Art Gallery and Museum, Birkenhead, Wirral, UK18th August 2014
- Abraham Lincoln, the Funniest American Politician11th August 2014
- Battlestar Galactica - the Re-imagined TV Series11th August 2014
- The Massacre of Sir Edward Woodville's Isle of Wight Army at the Battle of St Aubin8th August 2014
- 'Basil the Great Mouse Detective' - the Film4th August 2014
- Zetans: the UFO Legend and Betty Hill's Star Map5th August 2014
- John Muir - Conservationist28th July 2014
- Zeta-tagged Stars5th August 2014
- Guitar Hero - the Console Games24th July 2014
- A767784 - Tolkien's Dwarves 5 Hours Ago
- A87835378 - Spy-Fi and Telefantasy - The British Adventure Series of the 1960s and 70s 5 Hours Ago
- A87836647 - Blasphemy in New Jersey: Robert Ingersoll and the Atheist Tent Revival 2 Days Ago
- A87822264 - How to Make a Proper Russian Table 3 Days Ago
- A87837079 - The Boscombe Police Box, Dorset, UK 3 Days Ago
This week's Post is full of fascinating encounters: wildlife, memorable people, fictional characters, and the mysterious in all its forms. Come join us as we meet up with inspiration.
Posted to: WWI Disasterous or Glorious
From: Ask h2g2
12 Minutes Ago
Posted to: A Pun in the oven, or no Pun intended
22 Minutes Ago
24 Minutes Ago
Posted to: What's the year where YOU are?
From: Ask h2g2
29 Minutes Ago
"A collaborative guide, one that was written and kept up to date by the people who used it, in real time, might be a neat idea. I just didn't really realise that such a thing might be possible in my lifetime or how powerful such a thing might be."
A place to share knowledge and celebrate the things you love by writing about them
We have the first snowflake. Now let's build a blizzard
h2g2 founder Douglas Adams
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."