Diary of an Endurance Racing Team

0 Conversations

Team Status: The KRC 2004 Race Season

The new bike

The late delivery of our new Suzuki GSXR750 K4 meant that we couldn't use it in the first race of the season, but it's up and running now.

This season, the emphasis will be on safe progress, as we've all learnt that no matter how fast you ride, you can't win with the bike in the pits or in the gravel trap. With the new machine, we can expect good progress through the more crowded class, and look forward to the podium finish we were so cruelly denied last year.

Saturday 13th March 2004: Track Testing

The new bike has still not been released to us from the importers so the day was set for the riders to use their own machines, blow away some of the winter cobwebs and reacquaint themselves with the track. In Colm's case it was also to face his nemesis: Druid's corner, the scene of his crash in the final round last season.

The morning started rather damp but by the second session a drying line was appearing and soon both Colm and Simon were posting very respectable times considering they were on road bikes with road tyres.

New rider Chris Dutton showed his form on a track he had never seen before and he, too, set out to embarrass other riders by riding up the inside of GSXR1000's and R1's.

The day concluded with all three riders bringing their track times down and all fuelling/pit stop strategies in place for the first race on Saturday 10th April.

The new bike should be with us in the next few weeks, so the race is on to convert it from a road bike to a fully fledged Endurance racing machine. Should the bike not be ready then the team has a trump card to play... all will be revealed.

The new bike

Diary of an Endurance Racing Team Archive

Pseudemys

02.09.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A2961533

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more