A Conversation for Miscellaneous Chat

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17321

Caiman raptor elk - Yes, but what if the box is REALLY big?

To stay on the German theme:

Everything went wrong during the annual Miss Feier. It was meant to be a celebration of female beauty.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17322

paulh. Antisocial distancing works a well as the Social kind

Female beauty probably gets celebrated, at least on a casual basis, every day in many places. An official celebration is a nice touch, but would you argue that it was necessary?

I had an aunt who was the May Queen in high school. That was something to talk about as a memory, but a durable honor it was not.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17323

Caiman raptor elk - Yes, but what if the box is REALLY big?

There is a lot more to female beauty than the narrow margins that are usually applied in the Miss-business. (and business it is)

In this case I only mentioned it as a vehicle for the Miss Feier (misfire) pun.

Attitude can be much more of a make or break criterion when talking of beauty.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17324

Recumbentman

Which birds sing Calypso?

Parrots of the Carribean.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17325

That ship in the distance with the flag that shows a pie?

What about it?

They charge too much. Those are bad pie-rates.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17326

Rosa Baggins daughter of Pronto Baggins and Mimosa Bunce

A Bajoran monk, a clone, and a Ferengi decide to go bowling together...

The Ferengi says, wow, I was at a club last night where the hollow decks have the best oo-mox * programs. I did not want to leave. What do you two do for pleasure. The monk replies, I don't. I try to live my live with the abstinence from worldly pleasures so that I may focus on spirituality. The Ferengi looks at him and says, don't be a hypocrite, you are going bowling with us for crying out loud, I think you only pretend to be a monk in order to claim vow of poverty when the bar tab arrives. How about you clone, now be honest. What do you do for pleasure? The clone looks down and appears ashamed. I make Xerox copies of my butt.

Data has to explain that a Xerox became a generic term for an ancient machine that copied paper. I figure any joke Data tells would have to have a punch line that he ends up explaining.

* oo-mox - A Ferengi word to describe the sensations they feel when their ears are stimulated.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17327

The joke supply has been hidden.

That is why this joke has no punch line.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17328

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Karl Marx one of the most famous philosophers, in history but no one ever mentions his sister Onya.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17329

Or his niece Gette Setgo.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17330

Cheerful Dragon

I saw a car driven by a sheep in a swimsuit.

It was a Lamb-bikini.

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17331

Are ewe sure?

Tell Us A Joke

Post 17332

logicus tracticus philosophicus

So today it finally happened, I knew it would eventually, but I was ready. I came out of a shop with my mask on and keeping 2 metres distance from everyone, pushed my trolley to my car all the while wearing my mask. A man was getting out of his car next to me with no mask. As I'm putting shopping into my car he says, "You're a sheep. That mask ain't gonna do anything for you except make you look stupid."
In anticipation of this happening, I already had a response ready. I said "Look, I woke up with a temperature of 41° this morning [I didn't] plus I work around hundreds of people in close quarters [I don’t] so this is for your protection, not mine. How about I take it off and we hug like old friends?"
I stepped toward him and acted as if I was taking off my mask. He stepped back away from me and went across to the next row of cars. I followed him, he kept walking away, I chased him, he ran... He fell down. I grabbed his foot. I pulled on his leg, just as I’m pulling yours.

Key: Complain about this post