A Conversation for Draft of village map.

The Job Centre

Post 121

Arutha( patron saint of personal magnetism )

I only have to be a bartender, if you want to talk about my view of reality, than maybe we should get Mina into this, I'm sure she has some nice thinks to say about me.


The Job Centre

Post 122

I'm not really here

I think I should keep quiet.


The Job Centre

Post 123

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - smiley


The Job Centre

Post 124

Arutha( patron saint of personal magnetism )

that's prob. best for all of us


The Job Centre

Post 125

Titania (gone for lunch)

I could help exercise Nimrod - elves get along with all animals...smiley - smiley


The Job Centre

Post 126

Doctor John (Patron Saint and Village Physician)

Thank you, Titania. The offer is much appreciated. I'm sure Nimrod will be pleased to be exercised by a Royal Personage.

BTW Do you live at the bottom of someone's garden or have you taken an official residence in the village?


The Job Centre

Post 127

Titania (gone for lunch)

Cottage no. 3 - Bluebells

Close to the Church Meadow - because I love to dance barefoot on a
meadow glistening with dew, in the break between night and morning...

And I'm sure Nimrod would appreciate the meadow too...smiley - smiley


The Job Centre

Post 128

Titania (gone for lunch)

Dr John, would you say Nimrod looks like:

[Broken link removed by Moderator]
or
[Broken link removed by Moderator]

or something completely different?

And where do you keep him?


The Job Centre

Post 129

Titania (gone for lunch)

...or maybe Nimrod looks like this:

http://www.go.com/cimages?606134d.jpg&col=WR

or

[Broken link removed by Moderator]


The Job Centre

Post 130

Doctor John (Patron Saint and Village Physician)

Sorry, Titania, I left a reply at your cottage but for the sake of informing the other village residents, Nimrod is an old, black Hunter and he lives in the meadow behind my cottage - or in his own stable if it's cold.

Dr J


The Job Centre

Post 131

Purple

Hi, is the occupation of fireman free? They put out fires you know. Very useful.


The Job Centre

Post 132

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hi Purple, this is a good idea - every place like this should have a fireman and maybe also a place to store a beautiful, but quite small, red firecar (not sure if this is the right name in English)


The Job Centre

Post 133

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Yes, Purple, that position is open. Do you have any references or experience? Also, will you supply your own uniform and fire truck?


The Job Centre

Post 134

Arutha( patron saint of personal magnetism )

We caa always paint a Beetle fire truck red, if that solves the problem. And for the uniform you can just use some old medals, nobodu would now the difference.

BTW: sorry to intrude like this.

Purple my name is Arutha, just another idiot on these forums here and there.


The Job Centre

Post 135

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

*Was busy shuffling papers about, so did not hear any of the above*smiley - winkeye


The Job Centre

Post 136

Purple

I have absolutely no experience, but that doesn't matter, does it?


The Job Centre

Post 137

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Actually, no! You are hired as our new Fire Chief, then! Congratulations!


The Job Centre

Post 138

Purple

OK, can I get the house I requested then, and where will you put the fire-station?


The Job Centre

Post 139

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Please apply to the Estate Council for the house you'd like. Could you live above the fire station, or do you want a seperate dwelling? Anyway you'd like it!!


The Job Centre

Post 140

Kumabear

Ok. since I was just told that I need to hold down a job...

I was wondering? Does the village have a neiborhood watch? I haven't read the backlog. I would like to head up the neibhorhood watch.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more