A Conversation for Draft of village map.

Planning Department

Post 1

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Applications for new buildings, rebuilds, extensions, alterations and conservatories.


Planning Department

Post 2

coelacanth

I'll need a place at the bottom of my garden for my, er... gardener/handiman.
smiley - fish


Planning Department

Post 3

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Of course. I'll build something for him when I do the next draft.


Planning Department

Post 4

coelacanth

Many thanks. I intend to keep him very busy smiley - winkeye
smiley - fish


Planning Department

Post 5

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Amy, could you post the following notice on the Draft Map page?

Please create a New Guide Entry from your own homepages after you have obtained your position and place of residence. Use it to describe yourself and your residence. Then contact Mari-rae at [email protected] with that address so it can be posted on the Village main page as a link. Thank you!


Planning Department

Post 6

GreeboTCat

Hi Amy... my Lair... plot #26... is incorparating a Sanctuary for Sick Dragons... not sure what you can do about graphics for that... but just thought me would tell you... oh... and the Lair nestles against the Greebo Mountains for some reason.. sorry... was the picture... me liked it... and it had mountains in it... ~embarrased grin~


Planning Department

Post 7

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*puts hard hat on*

Greeb, Greeb... what are you trying to do to me? Possible ways forward:

1) i don't try to incorporate the elements of your picture (which i like btw, very gothic) into the map

2) i edit your picture to remove the mountains and place Colonel Mustard's house in the background.

3) i edit the picture and build a new Greebo's Lair across the beck from Cottage#1

4) you use the picture you have found just as Greebo's Dragon Sanctuary and place it near to Arutha's Castle which is in the Mountains about 5 miles to the North of the village. You can then pick another picture for your cottage. Perhaps one more in keeping with the surrounding properties. I can find you a picture if you would like me to.

5)any other solution that would work.

let me know what you want to do. i favour option 4 myself.

smiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyes

Amy the Ant


Planning Department

Post 8

GreeboTCat

Hmmm... me causing trouble again... sorry... er... me actually likes the home me choose... it is where a Greebo would live... so me would very much not like it to change... me is not sure if me could live in an ordinary cottage... but maybe... the Lair is a little to out of place in Vavoom...

Looking at the map... there is a likely place... across from #1.. near the waterfall... there is some rocks there that might become the mountains behind my Lair... well maybe!!! ... er... if it could be done... then maybe me could be moved there... ~hopeful grin~...

Oh and the Sanctuary if for Distressed Eggs now... a change from dragons... but Eggs are a damn sight easier to animate... ~grin~

Anyway... tell me what you think... tis your map... and you know whats best...


Planning Department

Post 9

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hmmm. It might work. I will still want to edit the background of your picture though. I'll post some ideas later on. Thanks, Greebo. I like a challenge. smiley - tongueout Amy


Planning Department

Post 10

GreeboTCat

Go Amy... Go.... ~grin~


Planning Department

Post 11

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

OK Greebs. A mock up of what Greebo's Lair MIGHT look like is at http://mcbrideweb.future.easyspace.com/Greebolairnew.jpg

I'm going to divert Church Street to the North and make the land on the Western side of the road more rocky. Before I finalise the background for Greebo's Lair I want to finish my map of h2g2 Island (as part of Big C's realisation project) to make sure I don't end up with any annoying inconsistencies.

We couldn't have snowy mountains so far South because St. Valentines Bay (warm, turquoise waters etc) is only a mile or so to the South.

I think it looks OK. What do you think?

I may also want to edit the view from the window very slightly.

Have a doughnut. smiley - bigeyes

Amy

ps. My ICQ is 77817255


Planning Department

Post 12

GreeboTCat

Wow... it looks great... me will change my picture on the homepage... ~grin~


Planning Department

Post 13

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

The new version certainly has more depth. I'm glad you like it. smiley - smiley

I'm looking forward to seeing your distressed eggs. smiley - bigeyes


Planning Department

Post 14

GreeboTCat

~Grin~... The page for the Sanctuary is http://www.h2g2.com/A431876


Planning Department

Post 15

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

-office is probably closed for the holidays - I'll leave a note -

Not sure how far you've progressed on the Final Definitive version of the village plan but I note with interest several vacancies, as of your last posting back in September. As I have been living in an old Jaguar abandoned behind the BOF Inn - a fine old manor apparently fallen off the edge of your map because it is so overgrown - I would certainly be interested in finding more permanent lodgings. The Old Vicarage looks nicely situated but surely the Old Vicar isn't living in St Geaorges and has need of the place. The little place behind the Doctor's (No.7) is about the right size but it's probably gone now too. Personally, I could make myself at home at the BOF if it existed.


Planning Department

Post 16

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Amy and I will work something out for you. We can't have vagrants living in cars in the back lots of the pubs in town.


Planning Department

Post 17

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Well according to ancient plans given me by Capability Brown, the old estate (the Grange I suppose was the original and permanent estate house) runs all the way to the sea. The BOF probably started as a gate house to that manor and eventually sheltered gardeners and field workers before becoming a guest house or summer house and it was here that Brown designed the terraces that ran from back of your place about a mile to the sea. There is also a small lake at the bottom, possibly saltwater, a barichois perhaps, (ie: a bottomless saltwater pool near the sea but landlocked by an overgrown beach barrier). I see by your map, there were until recently, two trails leading down that way...I can assure you the one nearest Someday Cottage and the BOF is completely overgrown but if the other is still in use I will explore...


Planning Department

Post 18

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Yes I think I see where the River Vavoom enters the sea near the Boatyard. This section to the west of the Beach must be the bottom end of the Terraces that run down from behind the BOF.


Planning Department

Post 19

mari-rae(tee reads: (entangled in cardboard boxes, please send tape...)

Very well thought out and researched! I hesitate to bring this point up, but the Village de la Vavoom is a retirement community for old ladies. Members of other age groups and sexes may live in the Village if they provide a service or work at a job, or own a shop, etc. You mull this over and I will contact Amy to see about adjusting the map. smiley - smooch


Planning Department

Post 20

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Cripes Kate! I been slaving away clearing the Terraces and finding all sorts of arti-facts and planning to restore the Patio and the grounds and now she wants me to mull a vat of wine before I can even apply...
*noticing that not all the grapes have been crushed - removes boots and jumps into vat*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more