A Conversation for Draft of village map.

Cybervill-de-va-voom

Post 1

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Must say I like the neighborhood. Can't quite seem to reconcile the map with my recent experience but that's probably because I have been spending to much time in the Cellar at the BOF INN. Which seems to have fallen off the edge of the earth. Should be next to or behind m-r's cottage - maybe Pheronious forgot to submit plans or was too busy developing Sunset Close from property he subdivided off the old Inn's property. I know I strolled past No.42 one day when Spike took me walkies over to Gwennie's...


Cybervill-de-va-voom

Post 2

Bluebottle

I think it's because of the size of the BOF INN's cellar. I mean, it seems to be able to fit a whole army in there, so I'm sure it goes further underground than the mind can safely conceive...
...Yet again, it is still a draft map...
But good points, I feel...
Especially as there only seems to be one church on the map, and there are supposed to be about 3 as far as I know...

<BB<


Cybervill-de-va-voom

Post 3

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

Egads yes. And no temple, no ashram, no McDonald's, no auto-repair facilities... I'm sure a heliport could be incorporated into the grounds at La Grange but what will we do without all the other mod coms.

The 'Cellar at the Boff' does seem to have the infernal dimensions of a tardis. Either that or the whole Village is built over abandoned coal mines which were subsequently used as munitions storage and forgotten by the Whole Army. I prefer the tardis theory myself.


Cybervill-de-va-voom

Post 4

Bluebottle

One thing I'd like to know is exactly how far from the main H2G2 town is the Village de la Vavoom, and how regular are the buses?
I hope they're double-deckers, and not these ghastly bendi-bus things...

<BB<


Cybervill-de-va-voom

Post 5

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

There is a convenient time dilation portal in the Cellar. Anytime you want to come out to the Village just pop in from where-ever or when-ever you hoppin to be and find yourself below stares at the BOF and just steps away from all the Village attractions.

It does seem to be useful only the one way. If you try to leave from here there is no telling where or when you'll end up. Pheronious calls that the Rover factor.

On a more practical note it has been estimated that the back yard of the BOF extends about one mile to the Beach and Waterworks areas. But the paths are seriously overgrown.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more