h2g2 Post 19.08.04

1 Conversation


Posted: 19th August 2004

Blood, sweat and time-outs


Unlike the UK, Holland is still basking in unusually high temperatures. More fool me, then, for deciding to decorate a room which hasn't been done for some years. Standing on a step ladder painting a ceiling is no fun when the sweat constantly drips into your eyes and causes small missed patches. Coupled with this is the annoyance of those pesky things you rotten lot wouldn't let me dispatch to our Room 101. Yes, the mosquito's are back and already giving me grief. However much I try to avoid them they always find me - once I have heard their whine I know it is too late and I will suffer sooner rather than later. So, here I sit, dabbing remedies on my wounds, fighting the time-outs and server problems which seem to be dogging h2g2 just now and praying for rain. At least I did see many wonderful displays from the Perseids last week!

ShazzPRME


 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Yet More Profound Post Puzzles


 
FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 

 
CARTOONS
 
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2876079

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more