Joanna

4 Conversations

Hi, I'm Joanna.


Apparently, you're more likely to pay attention to what is in the top screen of this page. Since I want you to look at my entries rather desparately at the moment, this section has been given priority...

"ADVERTISE...

                ...or go under"1

  • Please read and comment on all my guide entries, but especially today the ones on Dido and Aeneas by Henry Purcell and The Scale. I really need help with these. Do you understand what I'm talking about? Is what appears clear reasoning to me mystifying to you? Please tell me.

About me...

I am a physics student at the University of Durham, in my first year. I spend my time, therefore, at lectures, tutorials and labs. Since I'm a science student, I actually have a lot of contact hours and early lectures... although even more worrying is that now exams are finished, I still find myself getting up early... hmm...

If I'm not in lectures you'll probably find me in the computer room... or reading in my room... or occasionally watching television, although I can't normally get to onesmiley - sadface. I may even be walking around the city, wondering whether or not to be frightened at the thought of Durham's Ghosts. I occasionally take breaks from this to sing my College Chapel Choir. I also like to go to Evensong at Durham Cathedral. In the event that you do find me, I'll probably be singing; I love classical music, especially almost anything by Russian composers.

When I'm not at uni I'm at home in Didsbury, a suburb of Manchester, UK, where, contrary to popular belief it doesn't rain all the time.2

Are you bored? Do you want to Pikachize my page?

Like to come to a Barbeque on my Verandah? You're very welcome!

Random thought for the moment...


document.writeln(RandomThought);


Contribute a Random Thought.

Princess of Darkness?


So people keep asking me, "Why the Princess of Darkness suffix?"

Well, my favourite alcoholic drink is Tia Maria and Cola. A while back they ran an advertisement campaign in the UK with the slogan
Have you met the Princess of Darkness?

- So I decided to become Princess of Darkness.


Don't believe that I'm Princess of Darkness?? Read Poems written by me.4

Still don't believe me?? Visit Njan (Prince of Darkness).

Really having difficulty with your belief today?? Be Cursed.

All things which are ACE...


I'm now an ACE, an Assistant Community Editor. The ACEs assist Peta, the community editor, and do things like welcome new users, and er... stuff. So if you want anything, you may try visiting these places...

Things to do, people to see, places to go...

I start so many things that I don't finish. So I've made myself a list of things to do to help me get all up to date. Only trouble is it's a bit long...

Donuts


  • Perhaps you'd like to Buy Donuts from my stall at The H2G2 WaterWorks and Beach, just fill in my auto-post box!

  • Donut smiley courtesy of Bluebottle

    Subject:

    Text:
    I'd love a donut, Joanna. Please can I have a [enter type here]?

    Thanks;-)

    Thanks to The Cheese. Based on an original idea by Vegiman:-)



    Read the Menu!
    Favourite LinksFavourite H2G2 People

    Tell me if they're bust! Thanks.

  • Feel like you need a cause to fight for? Visit Greenpeace.

  • Feeling dreamy? Visit some random person's Poetry Site.

  • Feel like you need another cause to fight for already? Visit the Jubilee 2000 website, to find out about 3rd World Debt.

  • Want yet another cause?5 visit The Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division to find out about Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) a chemical responsible for many deaths each year.

  • Don't want to fight a cause at all, want to send an environmentally friendly e-greeting? I think the coolest postcard site is YNot.com after having tried several...

  • Feel Lost? Can't find a guide entry on your pet topic? Visit my Web Utilities for lots of different search engines, or use the Open Directory Project and find the material to write your own.

  • Read Jakob Neilsen's Alertbox. This is an absolutely fascinating web-useability column. It is a little business orientated, but nonetheless makes for a fascinating read.

  • Bored? Very Bored? Want to know anagrams of your name? Visit the Anagram Genius Server. An anagram of my name is Coral joins land, and an anagram of 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' is Okay executed that highish lighter.

  • Want a laugh at the expense of Durham University Maths Lectures? Such quotes as "A torus is a donut without any jam"... Visit Andy Gait's Maths Page. Some of these people actually lecture to me!

  • Had enough of that STUPID hamster dance? Click here to Assasinate Hamsters!

  • See pictures that I took on the h2g2 meetup... in the Park, and also in the Pub.

  • See a horrible vision of Durham's future.

  • Tell me if you aren't listed, I may even do something about it...smiley - bigeyes

  • Ossario T'an, the first person to welcome me here. Read his Schoolboy Poems.

  • Dolphin Girl, who is the Dolphin Girl. 'Nuff Said.

  • Menza, my favourite barkeep. Check out the Forum and Firkin! Now!

  • Courtesy38, the second person to welcome me here. Courtesy is Catching.

  • Minus-One, who isn't less than nothing.

  • h2Olli, as listed by Google.

  • BluesSlider,singing the Virtual Blues.

  • Eomando who is also in Durham, good for her!

  • Dancing Ermine Dancing his way to fame and fortune!

  • Bluebottle, who says you should read So long and thanks for laughing to brighten your day. I agree.

  • The Cheese, but don't eat him!

  • Serendipity who likes my donuts!

  • Demon Drawer, because The donuts are Not Enough.

  • Irving Washington. Go get a coffee at The Aroma Café.

  • Ormondroyd, ACE, who Supports Bradford City and Leyton Orient. One day I may even work out why!

  • Roasted Amoeba †, who is no longer looking for Fred, because it will be the end of the universe as we know it if he finds him.

  • Lisa the Freak †, Patron Saint of Unrequited Love...

  • Crusader. who doesn't seem to have been saving any damsels in distress lately...

  • Bruce is an absolute genius. He got my stars work. smiley - smiley If you have any GuideML trouble, he is the guru...

  • Other things

  • Read The Post, full of gossip and hot off the press every Monday!

  • This, I think, is obligatory: Click here to find out Who's Online, and make sure you've visited at least two of the people on the list!

  • Contact...Visit...
    • Leave a message to say hi, insult me, ask a question...

    • Email me:[email protected]

    • Go on... you know you want to...please?smiley - winkeye Send a very short message to my phone6[email protected]

    • You could also try ICQ.. my number is 67945022.... I think...

    • Visit my Alter Ego... smiley - winkeye

    • smiley - fish This is Leazes, my fish, that Eomando gave me7 You may see him around... or click on him to visit him!8

    • Visit my l'ill baby website, very small, but hopefully going to grow...9

    • At one point I had a drop down link list to link to all my entries. But since I can't be bothered to keep it up to date I figured I should stop living in denial, and get rid of it. Please read them all, though!smiley - winkeye

    She thinks she's so cool and all...

    I'm sorry, I couldn't resist a counter10. Counting started on 1/1/2000


    FastCounter by bcentral
    1the last line of Murder Must Advertise by Dorothy L Sayers2If you don't believe me check out The US's Internet Weather Source.3This image isn't relevant to anything. However I took it last week and rather like it, so its living on my page for a while.4At your own peril, though... I'd appreciate feedback, too.5Having worked out that I am very idealistic...6140 characters tops... including who you are, preferably at the beginning. Unfortunately I can't email back from the phone... modern technology not having got that far into my hands yet... if as you read this you know how to get m-mail working, though, do tell...also my phone doesn't understand HTML, which is a shame...7He's a normal goldfish, not like some of Fenny's fishes, but I still love him.8Leazes likes visitors very much9Currently I guess I'm using it to learn HTML on... please sign the guestbook!10Or rather, of course I could. I just didn't. Don't it make me look popular though? Of course I hyperinflate it by refreshing very frequently to keep up with the fora...

    Bookmark on your Personal Space


    Entry

    A276149

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Infinite Improbability Drive

    Read a random Edited Entry


    Disclaimer

    h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

    Write an Entry

    "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

    Write an entry
    Read more