h2g2 Post 18.12.03

5 Conversations


Posted: 18thDecember 2003

Editorial

Time to erect the tree and hang the baubles

Yes, folks, it's that time of year again. The Post Team pack away their red marker pens and GuideML tutors and head for the drinks cabinet. Greebo stows her smiley - donuts in carefully designed parcels so they will stay fresh. Awix locks his film reels firmly in the safe. Shazz unpegs all the teabags hanging on the line and piles them neatly into the caddy ready for 2004. Deus gathers up all the scraps of paper with 'Announcements' scribbled in the top right-hand corner and forces them onto the Post spike. Regulars breathe a sigh of relief and try to erase the word 'deadline' which has been written in indelible ink on their hands. Yes, it's our annual holiday and we will be making the most of it!

We are not leaving you bereft, however. Apart from all the regulars and some special seasonally-flavoured items, there are plenty of challenges to keep you scratching your heads whilst we are gone. Look out for them in the extra 'Christmas Fun and Games' section.

Commiserations to Eeyore whose mosquito pen was pipped at the post by a collapsing bin in the Innovation Nation Final. Despite not winning the competition the future is looking bright and we wish them (!) all the best for this excellent invention.

We wish you all the very best at this time and will see you all again on the 8th January 2004.


ShazzPRME

Christmas banner by Wotchit

 
smiley - crackerFICTIONsmiley - spacesmiley - cracker
 
 
smiley - crackerREGULARSsmiley - spacesmiley - cracker
 
 

  • QED

  • Cracking Christmas Corkers

smiley - crackerFEATURESsmiley - spacesmiley - cracker
 
 
smiley - crackerCARTOONSsmiley - spacesmiley - cracker
 
 

  • Paper Cuts

  • Enjoy a second serving of Christmas with spimcoot

smiley - crackerCHRISTMASsmiley - spacesmiley - cracker
FUN and GAMES
 
 
smiley - crackerh2g2 NEWSsmiley - spacesmiley - cracker
 
 
Christmas banner by Wotchit
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A2035711

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more