Escape Pod Dreams - 52

1 Conversation

Mommy, why is the cigar store Indian dressed like Santa?

The New New blob


Really bad songs by adults who should know better.

Adam Sandler had a routine a few years back about a 'Hanukah Song'. His thesis was that the observance deserved something more dignified, or, at least, less repetitive and moronic, than the 'Dreydl Song', which you can find on your own time, just, trust me, you will regret it.


His complaint involves only one item (there may be more, but I defer to his scholarship just this once), but when you search the annals of modern (since 1900) popular music involving the last month of the year in the Englisch-shpeaking woild, we find that many of the goyim have a lot more to complain about.


Just a simple search of Christmas songs on da compooter will find you overwhelmed by the plethora of substandard rhymes, the paucity of actual thematic elements, and the rinky-tinky-taffy irritatingness of the apparently limited by law musical scale...

Let me put it this way, Goethe and Beethoven didn't write Christmas music... or if they did, I ain't heard it recently...

  • 'A-weigh in a manger'... I'm sorry, I still visualize a baby in one of them maternity scales, what looks like it was designed to hold a shoat, y'know?
  • 'Silent Night'... yeah, if you yank the ear appliance battery and don't have tinnitus...
  • 'Walking in a Winter Wonderland'... uh, yeah. You know what a frozen horse puck feels like under your foot? You know what it smells like when you gets your boots off back at the house? Now you know why
    people used to consistently take their shoes off at the door and walk rapidly away from them.
  • 'Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow'... written by some moron in Palm Springs.
  • 'White Christmas'... You don't never have to dream no more. Move to Saskatchewan...
  • 'I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus'... and they told you you had your grandfather's eyes...


~smiley - cracker~smiley - cracker~smiley - cracker~smiley - cracker~smiley - cracker


Some truly bad seasonal songs by me, who doesn't have anything to lose:

1. 8:57 AM
Another year, another offended relative.
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

2. 9:57 AM
Knickers and vests and lumps o'coal
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

3. 10:57 AM
The Bells of St. Nell's
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

4. 11:57 AM
Save the Reindeer!
by
Your Other Right Foot (appearing nightly without warning)

Christmas banner by Wotchit

The Escape Pod Dreams
Archive

(tonsil revenge)

18.12.03 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A2136520

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more