A Conversation for h2g2 Post 18.12.03

American requesting Doctor Who news. PLEASE!!!

Post 1

neimad42

I'm an american fan of Doctor Who. I appeal to any British fan for news about the new series I keep reading about. I don't seem to find anything concrete about any aspect of it, if it truly exists. The same goes for the animated series I'v also heard about. Please help, not all americans are wankers. Please...


American requesting Doctor Who news. PLEASE!!!

Post 2

J

Try asking the fine minds over at our Doctor Who Group - A655256

smiley - blacksheep


American requesting Doctor Who news. PLEASE!!!

Post 3

Awix

Hi Neimad.

The new series is... nebulous right now. All we know for sure is that it *is* in the works, and the chief writer on it will be the acclaimed and controversial scriptwriter Russell T Davies, and that it'll be made by the Welsh arm of the BBC, for broadcast in 2005.

Davies is hoping for somewhere between six and thirteen 45-50 minute episodes, depending on the budget. The Doctor's companion will probably be called Rose Tyler. No news yet on the casting but Davies reputedly thinks Bill Nighy (recently in the movie Underworld) would be a great Doctor. That's really all that's been announced, but hopes for something special are high.

The animated show, which is actually rather good, is available for free download from bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/shalka/

Hope that helps...


Key: Complain about this post

American requesting Doctor Who news. PLEASE!!!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more