Vampire the Masquerade

5 Conversations

Welcome fellow Kindred...

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Introduction

This role-playing game is based on White Wolf’s: Vampire the Masquerade. The first important thing to note about this game is that vampires are not amoral killing machines who slaughter indiscriminately; vampires, for the intent of this game, are simply another species who reside in our towns.
They live hidden from human society locked in their own personal battles – against themselves, the beast within, and each other.

The title of ‘The Masquerade’ comes from the Camarilla's attempts to hide vampirism from humans and their governments and media; it also serves as a double entendre, referring to vampires' efforts to convince themselves that they are not the monsters they have become.

Vampiric society is split two ways; the first is by political sect. The three main sects of the vampire world are:

I would ask that players play a character with allegiance to the Camarilla, if you desperately want to play one of the other clans then please ask me before joining in the game….thanks.

The second is by clan. A clan is sort of like a vampire’s blood family, the vampire who sired you (created you as a vampire) will belong to a clan which has certain special abilities and ideals, and you will then belong to that clan.

The Camarilla clans are:

  • Brujah - Mainly used as muscle or foot-soldiers but are ofter passionate.
  • Malkavians - Often described as the Lunatics, they have an abstract wisdom that makes them valuable, if dangerous allies.
  • Gangrel - The Gangrel are the fiercest warriors, they are feral and animalistic and prefer to live in the wild, scorning houses and luxuries.
  • Nosferatu - The Nosferatu are physically twisted from the Embrace and often have hideous scars, however, they are often the most conscientious clan.
  • Toreador - These are the artists, writers, poets and all-round general beautiful people. They tend to act like life is one big party and they're the stars of it all.
  • Tremere - The Tremere are frighteningly clever blood magicians, they are generally known for being cold and aloof.
  • Ventrue - The blue-bloods of Kindred society. They believe they are a cut above the rest and pride themselves on their impeccable manners and savvy political status.

The Sabbat clans are:

  • Lasombra – These are the leaders of the Sabbat, terrifying and intelligent – they make formidable foes.
  • Tzemiece – These Kindred scorn those who still have human mannerisms and sympathies, they will do anything in the pursuit of science. Anything.
  • Kiasyd – These were created by the Lasombra, but instead of sharing their parent clan’s war-like and aggressive attitude they live for knowledge and peaceful scholarship.
  • Baali – The only clan to be completely and irreversibly evil; they are barely tolerated even in the Sabbat.

The Independent clans are:

  • Ravnos – These nomadic drifters come mainly from gypsy heritage; they pride themselves on being expert thieves and illusionists.
  • Giovanni – The necromancers of the vampiric world; the embrace exclusively from within their own family and are mostly shunned by the rest of society.
  • Assamite – This is a clan who will do anything for the highest bidder, they revel in the forbidden taste of Kindred blood and are highly prized assassins.
  • Followers of Set – They can get you anything you want, for a price.
The Kindred of Requiem1. Tijerius2. Lil3. Tanis4. Tavaron5. Labratgreggo6. Dr. Anthea7. Aximili8. Gemini the elder9. Mystic_numia spooky underground tunnel

So you want to join?

Great! There are a few things you have to do first....

1. Choose a name for your character - Nothing too outrageous please.

2. Choose a clan - There are several clans to choose from and each have there own abilities. If you would like more information on each clan, its history and powers please click on the links above.

3. Describe your character - Appearance, background...

4. Decide if you want to apply for a position of power - These might not be granted but it could be worth a try. The Camarilla believes in strict adherence to the power structure, so make sure you know who you're insulting before you do it...

Here is a brief run down of the power structure, to find out more about each position please click on the link to the Camarilla page.

The Power Structure goes, from highest to lowest…...

  • Justicar
  • Prince – Tijerius
  • Primogen Council – Lady Lowell
  • Sheriff – William Wormwood
  • Keeper of Elysium – Alicia Elentil
  • Hounds – Dante Strife
  • Harpies

A few last minutes rules..

These are just a few general rules I'd like everyone to stick to please...

  1. Please keep out of character chatting for the thread marked OOC.
  2. Please try to remember continuity
  3. Don't make your character invinsible or God-like. Yes, you have supernatural powers, but you can't always win
  4. Don't try to control another person's character or any Non-Player Characters (NPC) that you don't own
  5. Give other people a chance to respond when doing actions that could affect their character
  6. Actions should be marked by an * and out of character comments by the triangular brackets.
  7. If you are going to be offline for a long time, please leave your character somewhere that won't mess up the story.
  8. Please don't go creating new threads willy nilly; new threads are necessary for the story sometime, but please ask in the OOC thread first.
  9. Please don't use smileys in serious role-play threads...thanks
  10. Please familiarise yourself with the Traditions on the Camarilla page.

Well I think that's about it...the story won't be set in any specific city so nobody is at a disadvantage...we'll say it's set in the fictional city of Requiem.. It's also set in the present time, so all current events are relevant.

Enjoy playing...smiley - evilgrin


Name:
Upage:
Character name:
Appearance:
Clan:
Background:
Do you want to apply for a position in the city?

Badge

I created this badge after a long time looking through the GuideML used to create badges for other societies...smiley - online2long..feel free to take it and put it on your PS.

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A22811834

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more