Clan Giovanni

0 Conversations

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Basic Information

  • Name - Giovanni
  • Nickname – Necromancers, Grave-robbers
  • Pronunciation – Gee – oh – var - nee
  • Faction - Independent
  • Disciplines – Necromancy, Thaumaturgy and Dominate

About the Clan

The Death clan, Devil Kindred, Grave robbers; the Kindred have many names for the Giovanni clan. But no matter what names Kindred call the Giovanni behind their backs, all are at least reasonably polite to their faces. For it is well known that the Giovanni clan are Necromancers, welding power over life and death with an almost casual air. Besides their powers of Necromancy, they have many things that set them apart from the rest of the kindred.

One is their Kiss, the means by which they feed, unlike other kindred, who's kiss cause a near ecstasy in the mortal. In the Giovanni kiss, mortals feel only pain and fear, making it rather hard to feed quietly and discreetly. This has lead to the Giovanni becoming one of the leading blood bankers in the world. With their help and control the worldwide blood banking industry has been booming for years. Some is used for operations and such, but most makes it's way into the Family blood bank.

The Giovanni clan is rich, loaded with money. Careful management of banks and world trade has given them a huge sum of funds. They are so rich and powerful that they have their own area code, and all family members have a number in the area code for ease of contact. Worldwide, the wealth of the family rivals - if not surpasses - that of the Ventrue.

So, you have a clan with wealth, magic, power over the dead, and an almost fanatical loyalty. What are they up to? Why have they built this huge power base? How do they enforce such loyalty? Why are they not using their power? Now you see why the other clans are very worried about the Giovanni.

Clan Disciplines

A Discipline is a special power a vampire can use; however, the usage of these powers causes fatigue and they can’t be used for long.

  • DOMINATE - This is mind control, the Kindred must have eye-contact with the intended victim and the command must be simple.
  • NECROMANCY – This useful power allows one to control the dead spirits, and even corpses.
  • THAUMATURGY – (Thaw – mat – urge) – This is the ability to create magic using blood, the more potent the blood the more potent the spell.
An usher at a wedding.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A23008303

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more