Clan Tremere

0 Conversations

Vampire the Masquerade
smiley - vampire
The Eternal Requiem

Basic Information

  • Name - Tremere
  • Nickname – Wizards, Usurpers
  • Pronunciation – Tre - meer
  • Faction - Camarilla
  • Disciplines – Auspex, Dominate and Thaumaturgy

About the Clan

No other clan has as many direct and declared enemies as the Tremere. Yet they survive and prosper, steadily gaining ground in the shadowy recesses of the Camarilla. They have successfully waged propaganda wars against whole clans, and silenced those who would try the same tactics against them. Those who openly ally themselves against the Tremere find they have a willing and capable enemy.

The Tremere makes a habit of offering their services to other Kindred in need, though it is never a simple act of kindness. They drive hard bargains, and always use the advantage of the upper hand. What seems like a favour traded will eventually reveal itself to be a deal with the devil. Far too many Kindred learn all too late that if a Tremere has struck a deal with them, it's because the Tremere made out better. More often than not, the only thing more ghastly than the boon returned is the punishment for a broken pact.

Slowly but surely, the other clans are learning that while no one was looking the Tremere have been devising ways to safeguard themselves against the controlling powers of other Kindred. Many are already quite capable not only of resisting the machinations of Discipline Presence, but of turning it back upon its wielder. In time they will gain mastery enough to sneer at the chains of Dominate as well. Perhaps a few have begun to realize that once this happens, they will be powerless to control the Tremere.

Whispers about their mysterious origins circulate in vampirism circles, there are tumours that the first Tremere were powerful sorcerers in human life and made themselves immortal through magic. This too is a frightening concept for many Kindred to bear. Most vampires had no choice in their embrace, no choice in their damnation. The Tremere worked studiously for it, and welcomed the change with open arms.

Add to all of this the numerous dramatic subtleties much of the clan employs to further enhance the air of chilling ambiguity that surrounds them - austere, dark clothing and cryptic speech, for example - and it becomes quite clear how clan Tremere has painstakingly earned its reputation. It also becomes quite clear that they have no desire to dispel whatever scary mythology others have created around them. It becomes crystal clear why so many Kindred fear this clan as a whole and as individuals, and rightly so.

Clan Disciplines

A Discipline is a special power a vampire can use; however, the usage of these powers causes fatigue and they can’t be used for long.

  • AUSPEX - (awe - specs) - This is heightened senses, also allows the user to see the aura of the person he or she is talking to.
  • DOMINATE – This is mind control, the Kindred must have eye-contact with the intended victim and the command must be simple.
  • THAUMATURGY – (Thaw – mat – urge) – This is the ability to create magic using blood, the more potent the blood the more potent the spell.
A scientist in front of an overhead<br/>
projection

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A22968804

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more