I'm a British researcher, born and bred in Solihull, which is approximately in the centre of England. My previous involvement in the site began on October 11th, 2001 (I didn't really get involved with the site at all, and stopped coming after a while), but I'm back now and my proper involvement began when I rejoined h2g2 on September 13th, 2002! So I've now been an active Researcher for more than 5 years - go me!
In July 2008 I graduated from the University of York with a degree in history. Many of my entries are on historical subjects, as you'll see if you click that 'My Entries' link up there.
Here on h2g2, I'm involved in a few things, such as Peer Review, but I also have the following roles:
I'm a h2g2 ACE - my fellow ACEs and I welcome new researchers and are happy to help if you have any questions or need help. For more information visit the ACE home page.
I'm also a h2g2 Photographer, meaning I've provided photos to illustrate some edited entries.
I am Chief Of Staff to Vice President of h2g2 Jodan; visit the h2g2 Government, led by President Hypatia (democratically elected and everything) at The Alabaster House and get your own position of power.
I am also Keeper of the Master Plan. Fancy your own title? Why don't you join the Keepers?
I am Goddess of Ulterior Motives at Mount Olympus but the other Gods and myself can be found in The Pantheon there. And the Goddess spoke unto the reader: "Be nice to me, lest I smite you." (The Book of Elentari, 1st Commandment).
I'm a Thursdayite - join the campaign against the Thingites to keep Thursday called Thursday!
Furthermore, I'm a member of The Royal H2G2 Historian's Society.
Some links, more for me than you - sorry if that sounds a bit selfish...
- The Post h2g2's very own newspaper
- h2g2 Smileys which are very useful for making your user page look lovely jubbly
- The Infinite Improbability Drive also known as a handy little button which will take you to a random edited entry
- Coming Up is the page to visit if you want to know what's on its way to the Edited Guide
- Ask the h2g2 Community which is where to ask any questions burning a hole in your mind.
- The Forum, much like Ask the h2g2 Community, but a bit more serious and intellectual.
- Challenge the h2g2 Community where you can suggest entries to fill holes in the edited guide.
- Newbies so I can welcome new users.
- Big Conversations List My conversations list.
Researchers I've met in real life:
- Acid Override
- Bald Bloke
- Metal Chicken
- ST Mk II
"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.'"- Mary Anne Rademacher-Hershey.
"If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down."- Mary Pickford.
P.S. Many thanks to everyone I've taken Guide ML from, especially when I didn't ask permission. Your sacrifice is appreciated.
|Messages left for this Researcher
|Mar 22, 2015
|Subbing: John Muir
|Jul 28, 2014
|Mar 10, 2014
|Subbing Crown Court Trials
|Jan 14, 2013
|Elentari, you have today's Quote of the Day!
|Dec 28, 2012
|Jul 19, 2012
|7 Hours Ago
|Announcement 2018-02-06: The Post
|6 Days Ago
|Announcement 2018-07-16: Front Page Updated Today
|4 Weeks Ago
|Coupled up (GB)
|Jan 2, 2024
|Announcement 2023-11-22: Books Etc
|Nov 22, 2023
Most Recent Edited Entries
- The Ordnance Survey
- John Muir - Conservationist
- Crown Court Trials in England and Wales
- Coventry Cathedral, Coventry, UK
- The Ordnance Survey
- John Muir: Conservationist
- Crown Court Trials In England and Wales
- Coventry Cathedral
h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of Not Panicking Ltd. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."