A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What Films have you seen recently?

Post 2761

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Deja Vu was brilliantsmiley - ok

Post 2762

A Super Furry Animal

I watched Inside Man on the DVD machine last night...'twas very good.

RFsmiley - evilgrin

Post 2763

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Indeedy. A good un.

Post 2764

Anoldgreymoonraker Free Tibet

I watched Finding Neverland again last night and really enjoyed it again .smiley - smiley

Post 2765

Serephina

I'd say much stronger things in the negative about the da vinci code (that it was geds idea to watch might i add! smiley - winkeye)if it wasn't for the swear filter. Bum soup indeed. In fact I now call going to the toilet for a particular purpose 'going for a dan brown'

Post 2766

Blues Shark - For people who like this sort of thing, then this is just the sort of thing they'll like

Happy Feet.

Very enjoyable, once you've got past the idea of Robin Williams playing Antonio Banderas and Barry White in the same movie...smiley - laugh

smiley - shark

Post 2767

My son saw that on Monday on a school trip. He says it was fantastic, which is high praise indeed.

I wanna see it nowsmiley - wah

Post 2768

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Finally got around to watching "Accion Mutante" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106215/) on DVD last night. Special effects were done by the same people who did the effects for "Delicatessen" (which is indeed a great film, and one of my all-time faves). It bounced around all over the place, but was highly entertaining! We quite liked it.

Post 2769

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Action Mutante is a class film. I second the recommendation.

smiley - ale

Post 2770

flakey-lady.... you lookin' at me punk?

SLIGHT SPOILERS

finally seen PANS LABYRINTH.. class filmsmiley - ok very good performance from the young girl sofia...twisty and turny never sure if the faun is good or bad..until the end. i envisioned more time in the 'other' world for the girl but the events in our world was gripping stuff too...

we decided that the film is open to interpretation.. probably a personal decision... wonderful film.. a very dark fairy tale... the ending had me in tears...as usual.smiley - wah

Post 2771

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Pondered getting the Pan's Labyrinth score off iTunes today. The 30 second snippets sounded good - but can anyone tell me, how was the music in the film?

Post 2772

psychocandy-moderation team leader

We have to wait for December 29th to see "Pan's Labyrinth" here. smiley - sadface I'm looking forward to it (largely in part thanks to all who've compared it favorably to "Delicatessen" or "City of Lost Children", as opposed to del Toro's other films, which I haven't cared for much). If Flakey-Lady liked it, I probably will as well. smiley - ok

Post 2773

HonestIago

Clive, the music was brilliant. Really atmospheric, added a lot to the film.

Post 2774

EVERYTHING about PANS LABYRINTH was very well done...atmospheric and magical... you'll love it psychocandysmiley - ok

but heres a change of pace.. we just saw NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM...if you liked jumanji odds are you'll like this... plus the talents of owen wilson, robin williams and steve coogan.. not to mention ben [looks kind of average but quite sexy too] stiller.. WHY oh why didn't i go the natural history museum when i was in new york last year?

lots of laughs, and action a really enjoyable family film, uckily not ruined by the ignorant pigs sat behind us...with a mobile that kept beeping and how much noise can anyone make eating popcorn... it was touch and go wether we'd have to go head to head... not the best way to experience a film... bring back the ushers...OR murderous robots that will exterminate noisy cinema goers smiley - grr

Post 2775

I saw "Night at the Museum" this afternoon with my daughter, her husband, his three sons and my son.

Excellent film.smiley - ok Loved the Egyptian Pharaohsmiley - loveblush

There were some technical problems which meant the film was an hour late starting, and the woman behind me persisted in crossing and uncrossing her legs, thus kicking the back of my chair every five minutes, even though I'd politely asked her to desist after the first ten times. If I hadn't been with all the company I'd have moved.

smiley - grr

Post 2776

aww too bad G.BABE you also had the annoying cinema goer from hell.. worse for my hubby... he had one youth put his smelly socked feet up onto chair next to his head..

these people really should be shot, its just not on...

but you agree it was excellentsmiley - ok

i want to work in such a place.. complete with magical night events...

Post 2777

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Family are sitting down tonight to watch Pirates of the Carribean 2. smiley - popcorn

Post 2778

Researcher U197087

Saw a couple of corkers on Christmas Day. My present to my mate Tom was Mirrormask - written by Neil Gaiman (who wrote the Sandman graphic novels), co-written and directed by Dave McKean (who did the cover art). All with the help of Jim Henson's guys. The story was your basic youngster stumbles on magical world and goes on vital quest, but with an interesting riff on how it all came about, as Neil Gaiman is known for. Great performances from all involved, a couple of nice cameos from Lenny Henry, and Andy Hamilton as a worried porcupine (the part he was born for, it seems). The soundtrack was engaging without being overwrought, but visually I'd have to say it was one of the most stunning films I've seen, maybe ever. Maybe it was the vino. But it was amazing. Makes Tim Burton's work seem like a court sketch.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366780/

After that we watched Intacto, which I thought was beautifully written and executed. Brilliant twists and dynamics, and Max Von Sydow hasn't aged a day since the Exorcist.

Post 2779

Sho - employed again!

took smiley - chef and The Gruesome Twosome to see Night at the Museum today - glad we saw it in English because that Pharoah was fab and it wouldn't have been the same in German.

20 people at the screening, 4 were under 12 - and the Gruesomes spent a lot of time standing up shouting at the good guys to get the bad guys

Excellent family entertainment - especially *that line* about the monkey smiley - rofl

Post 2780

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Just seen Talladega nights....

wonderfully silly. Sacha Cohen Baron totally steals the film IMHO.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more