A Conversation for Talking Point: 11 September, 2001

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 141

Amator

Slawek Tarlecki, Olsztyn, Poland

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 142

Jeremy (trying to find his way back to dinner)

I'm scared of what happened, even more scared of what is going to happen next smiley - sadface, and most scared of my first feelings that whatever the US might want to do now, it would be ok with me.

My deepest sympathy to the families that were destroyed.

And please, pretty pretty please, keep in mind that it is not a religion that attacked the US. Islam is the most tolerant world religion of them all, condemning all kinds of racism.

Jeremy, Germany

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 143

Mister Matty

All sympathy to the victims and 'nuff respect to the emergency services in New York City

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 144

Bistroist

Peace

Niels Grotum,
Denmark

~Bistro

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 145

The Mystical Fish (ACE, MuG, pianist/guitarist in YP and the Hoopy Hoopsters, Keeper of Air Guitars)6*7+4+1-2-3=42

I dont think I could find any words no matter how long I sat and thought, to descibe how shocked and upset I felt when I heard of what had happened. The emergency services in NYC and Washington deserve all the praise we can give them for their heroic effects to save lifes.

The pictures of the crashes and the devastation will be with us for the rest of our lifes.

How can someone believe they have the right to cause so much pain and suffering just because they have decided that they want to live their life differently to the way America does?

Deepest sympathy

The Mystical Fish (aka Richard Hampson, UK)

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 146

Orcus

To all those with friends and family missing in the rubble that was the World trade center, on the hijacked flights and in the Pentagon my thoughts are with you.
I truly hope there will be no big war but I think there will be smiley - blue

Orcus - aka David Miller, Birmingham UK.

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 147

Captain Kebab

No words.

Captain Kebab, aka Mick Curtis, Manchester, England.

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 148

Researcher 174318-Zhora- all the nice girls like a sailor

This is the most mind numbing event I have ever seen in my life. It seems unreal, like a film, but, it's not, it's all too real. I will never forget the sight of people waving for help, people jumping from windows, followed by the Towers collapsing, the people running for their lives coated in dust. It is all so overwhelming.

My deepest sympathies go to everyone caught up in this, and the people of the USA. So many innocent people dead, with so many innocent families torn apart. I also want send my support to the emergency services of NYC. You have the hardest job to do, and you have lost so many of your own while doing your job.

Yes, the people who organised this must be found and punished, but it must be done properly. We cannot let the world go to war over this, it has to be proved that the guilty are indeed the guilty. It is hard to think clearly when so many distressing things are happening.

My thoughts are with you all
Zhora (aka Karen)

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 149

Researcher PSG

When we have a human tragedy on this scale it gives the world pause for thought.

Our thoughts are with the families who are missing there loved ones, to the rescue teams missing those close to them but still struggling on, and to the workers whos collegues will never call again.

We offer them our deepest sympathy.

Let us hope that this will show the futility of indiscriminate bombing, and the killing of innocent civilians when your grievance is with the establishment or a few people.

Researcher PSG

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 150

ViceChancellorGriffin Keeper spelling Mistakes and Goldfish

I would like to borrow a line from the hitch Hikers guide to the glalxy radio edetion.

"Life is wasted on the living"

The living being the suicidle terreristssmiley - sadface
smiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rosesmiley - rose

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 151

the phantom ( part time) 1x6x9-9-9+6=42 . greeblet.

deepest sympathy smiley - rose

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 152

Bogie

Sincerest condolences to all affected.

Bogie (aka David Bailey), UK.

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 153

magrat

deepest sympathies

Karen Gilchrist, Western Australia.

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 154

tuc fortuneswell, Dax is updating his page

smiley - rose

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 155

Chandan Banerjee

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 156

Cestus

May I offer my deepest sympathies to all those who have lost loved-ones in the tragic events of Tuesday. Our thoughts are with you.

Cestus, England

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 157

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It was a bad thing. My thoughts go with you. smiley - crysmiley - rose

Peet McKimmie, Aberdeen, Scotland.

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 158

J'au-æmne

Joanna Driscoll, Manchester, UK
smiley - rose

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 159

sif

i cannot begin to imagine what you are going through.

my sympathies.

alyssa gilchrist, melbourne australia

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 160

Researcher 184581

Liz McLaughlin, Sussex, UK

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more