A Conversation for Talking Point: 11 September, 2001

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 181

Researcher 184681

To all people, everywhere. This will affect us all in some way or other regardless of where we come from, please don't start more hateful acts when you look at someone on the street who may be from the area of the group who did this.
Think instead how lucky we still are and help others around us.
Diana (A Brit in the US)


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 182

Researcher 184675

I am American and I would like to show my appreciation for all the people around the world showing us their support. It has been and will be a very difficult and trying time for everyone. I think I can safely say that all American appreciate your support and would like to say "Thank you."

To the friends and families of the victims our deepest sympathies. Our prayers are with you.

God Bless


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 183

Researcher 184692

Our heartfelt condolence to all those who were victims of this devilish act.

All of us in India condemn this act of violence & we all pray to GOD for the speedy recovery of all injured & also pray for the departed souls.

May God bless

Maitreyee, Bornita & Ashok

India.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 184

Researcher 184684

My heart is heavey writing this. All peoples problems have become overshodowed by the events that have happened.

I would like to send my heart felt condolences to all who have lost in this tradegy. I hope that My thoughts and prayers will reach you in someway to help.

Humanity has many enemies in this world and the worst is the one you can not see.
May the people of the world have the patience and the strength not to give into the anger that is sure to be building up in everyones hearts.
Lets us keep our sanity.

Chris Mcdonnell ([email protected])


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 185

GirlChod

The terrible events of tuesday are still hard to believe, let alone comprehend.

Today there was a thunderstorm over my city. The heavens opened and cried the tears that I have yet to shed.
Now the sun is beginning to come through the clouds. I can only hope that the storms in the world will settle and that there will be sunshine.

Blessings and love to all affected by this tragedy

GirlChod


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 186

Researcher 184600

I send all my love and thoughts to all the victims, families and loved ones in this horrendous attack on New York 11th september, and also to all emergency services involved. Stay strong and safe, always remembered never forgotten.
Jackie, Middlesbrough, England.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 187

LyleOwenHyde - Keeper of Unorthodox Teas and Mildewed Filing

Thank you, you made me cry.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 188

Researcher 184742

Lay your sleeping head, my love,
Human on my faithless arm;
Time and fevers burn away
Individual beauty from
Thoughtful children, and the grave
Proves the child ephemeral:
But in my arms till break of day
Let the living creature lie,
Mortal, guilty, but to me
The entirely beautiful.

All our thoughts go out to those who have lost a loved one


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 189

Researcher 184742

Lay your sleeping head, my love,
Human on my faithless arm;
Time and fevers burn away
Individual beauty from
Thoughtful children, and the grave
Proves the child ephemeral:
But in my arms till break of day
Let the living creature lie,
Mortal, guilty, but to me
The entirely beautiful.

All our thoughts go out to those who have lost a loved one


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 190

Twink

My deepest sympathies go out to everyone affected by this tradegy. My heart goes out to you all.

It's unbelievable to think that thousands of lives have been lost in just that small space of time by mindless individuals.

It's a terrible, terrible loss.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 191

J

I know I'm not alone in disbelieving what we've been witnessing over the past couple of days. Let's try and find a solution to eradicate this threat that does not bring about a reason for these attacks to be made under Rules of Engagement.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 192

J

I know I'm not alone in disbelieving what we've been witnessing over the past couple of days. Let's try and find a solution to eradicate this threat that does not bring about a reason for these attacks to be made under Rules of Engagement.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 193

JAM

I am shocked, stunned, sickened, saddened. My thoughts and best wishes to the families of those who lost people in this attack. It is an attack not only on America but on the freedom and security of all of us. A response must be made to show the monsters behind this attack that there will be reprisals and repercussions of their action, but I pray it will be a sensible and measured one, made with judgement for justice rather than a desperate act of vengeance.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 194

Researcher 184773

Deepest condolences for every family that lost a loved one in this dreadful attack. The fact that everyone looking like a human being is also behaving like one should not be taken for granted. This is an important lesson for all of us, unfortunately a priceless one. May God protect America!


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 195

Researcher 184768

This world is full of sorrow, inhumanity and greed. The world itself is a beautiful place and there are many beautiful people within that place. Sadly, there are a few sick people and they are the ones with all of the power and knowledge. these people cause tragedy after tragedy ... this latest is just another example. Although this tragedy is closer to home and has taken more lives than the average incident worldwide it is no more or no less inhumane than any other infliction of pain and suffering on any innocent.

1 life lost is as tragic as any number of lives lost and the pain felt by those who have lost is only the same grief.

I have felt at ease in this world for a long time ... I don't know what the answer is but daily I pray for global peace and harmony and guidance. There is enough of everything for everyone in the world ... including land, food and other neccessities of life.

My heart goes out to all who suffer in the name of power and greed. I know we must retaliate because that is now the way of the world.

To all those who know I would say that there are Angels among us ... We can't always see them but we don't always look ... If the eyes are blind, one must look with the heart.

Love and Light to the world and all those who live in it ... perhaps one day we can live in peace and harmony.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 196

Mary&Ali

I couldn't believe it when I heard what had happened & seeing the images on the television of America it is so hard to believe that anyone could even think of committing such a crime against humanity. To cause so much suffering and pain, so much harm. Yet it has been done & my thoughts any prayers go out to all of those who are suffering.

It will take many years to come to terms with this, and as others have said before, the memories will always remain. I just count myself lucky that the memember of my family who often works opposite the World Trade centre was here in England on that day, and I keep in my thoughts all those who were not so lucky.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 197

Mary&Ali

I couldn't believe it when I heard what had happened & seeing the images on the television of America it is so hard to believe that anyone could even think of committing such a crime against humanity. To cause so much suffering and pain, so much harm. Yet it has been done & my thoughts any prayers go out to all of those who are suffering.

It will take many years to come to terms with this, and as others have said before, the memories will always remain. I just count myself lucky that the member of my family who often works opposite the World Trade centre was here in England on that day, and I keep in my thoughts all those who were not so lucky.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 198

Researcher 184798

To everyone who has lost loved ones in this terrible act of evil, I send my heartfelt sympathy.
You are all in my prayers.
I also pray that the governments of the civilised world will act accordingly but with the greatest of thought.
I am proud to be british and proud to stand "shoulder to shoulder" with the americans. We must stand up and be counted..so that this sort of thing NEVER happens again.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 199

Researcher Providence

Madness - absolute madness. My thoughts, love and wishes for all.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 200

Ingisim - Domestic Goddess

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

How can I begin to comprehend this atrocity? And I haven't even lost a loved one.

My thoughts are with the innocent people emtombed in the rubble and their anguished families and friends.

Ingisim.


Key: Complain about this post