A Conversation for Talking Point: 11 September, 2001

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 121

tallullah

....."When evil comes
All things turn adverse, and we must begin
At the beginning, heave the groaning world
Back in its place again, and clamp it there." Edwin Muir

Maybe some good can come out of the awful events of yesterday .

Perhaps all the love and goodwill offered on these pages and
elsewhere will help us to start a better world for everyone.

Try to put aside our feelings of hate and anger and fear in favour of hope and friendship and peace. Do whatever we can to make a better life for ALL the world's children.

We can do nothing for those who are suffering now, except offer whatever is in our hearts, and the desperate hope that no one else should ever have to suffer in this way again.

With love from someone in England


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 122

Ioreth (on hiatus)

What can you say? I'm giving my condolences, and my blood. It's all we lucky ones can do now.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 123

Bookworm

The images of the twin towers of the World Trade Centre, along with the burning Pentagon and the crash site in Pittsburgh each having being destroyed by hijacked aeroplanes will forever live in my memory. I only hope that the terror of those on board was brief and that the people trapped were unaware of what was to come. My wish now is that the grief of the hundreds of affected families and friends is slightly cushioned by the realisation that the thoughts of people throughout the world are with them...
Ruth - England


united in grief

Post 124

Researcher 184482

My prayers and thoughts are with all America,
the families and friends of victims.

Today i bought an American flag for my car window, the only way i could think to show my thoughts were with you.

God Bless America.

Lee UK






united in grief

Post 125

Willem

My prayers, sympathy and support to all who have lost loved ones ... to ALL Americans ... to every decent person in the whole world, since none of us have not been affected by this. May God have mercy on us.


united in grief

Post 126

Hati

I hope it makes the world a better place to live in, that all these people didn't die in vain. smiley - cry


united in grief

Post 127

TIMELORD

I find myself thinking about a woman called cath she moved to new york over 25 years ago and as lived there ever since.
As a child she was my next door neighbour and babysitter in later life we have kept in touch when she has visted family she as always called.
Her sister ann went to join her sadly she past away 3 years ago leaving a daughter and husband as far as i know these are the only 3 people that i know in new york I have just heard all 3 are safe and well.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 128

Casinopants

My thoughts and love goes out to all of those who have personally been affected by this terrible tragedy, and also to the rest of the nation. This horrible doing has deeply affected everyone, and my love goes out to everybody.

Regards,

Matthew Ellsworth - Dr. Funk Of Tahiti - Chicago, IL


united in grief

Post 129

Researcher 184521

I just read your note and wanted to say thank you. My hometown is Washington, D.C. These events have so devistated all of us that it is very difficult to express thoughts and emotions. There are no smiles in the USA today. I wanted to find a place to say thank you to all the other countries who have stated their support. It truly helps. Your continued thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

S
USA


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 130

Barneys Bucksaws

My thoughts and prayers are with all people affected by this tragedy - and that includes a huge part of the free world - don't take anything for granted.

Barney's Bucksaws (collectively Linda, Gord and Harley) Canada


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 131

Researcher 184504

Tuesday I was shocked, Wednesday I cried, God I pray that I can forgive Thursday!! Will we ever be the same?

PRAY for All lives lost!

Michelle
Nashville, Tennessee USA


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 132

Researcher 184527

I am overwhelmed by the support from all over the world (or nearly all over - the footage of celebrating Palestinians makes me physically ill). Thank you to most of the members here for their prayers and condolences. I have just read of the McCourt family of Ireland and their horrific, tragic twist of fate. Truly, this was not just an attack on America. We are the most visible of the wounded and the mourners, but people from all over the world mourn and in cases even bleed just as we mourn and bleed. Many times I have watched and grieved at overseas tragedies. Now, when we are at the center of the tragedy looking out, it is so meaningful to see that so many others are watching and grieving for us at this time. Thank you. And with all due respect to those on this site who don't support our reactions of anger and determination - our country is a strong country which will not allow these sub-human pieces of garbage who carried out this attack, and the others in the world who enabled them, to feel that they are free to repeat this with impunity. And I don't think any rational person can believe that a show trial and conviction in the courts will be a deterrent. We have tried that in response to the 1993 bombing of these SAME buildings. We can all see the effectiveness of that futile effort. While I in no way want to harm innocents, we must respond in a manner that those who have brought war to our country will understand. That is the nature of war, and make no mistake, we here believe that this is an act of war. We have suffered at the hands of these same hatemongers before (World Trade Center in 1993, our African embassies as examples), and we can no longer respond with words of condemnation. We will not rush to act, but we will act. President Bush very accurately described the quiet, unyielding anger we feel. Please forgive me if I have disrupted the mood of this message board, and don't turn this away from a site for mourning to a site for arguing. I had intended only to thank those who are supporting us here, but needed to express my astonishment at the few who don't seem to understand the magnitude and global effects of these events.

God Bless America and all her supporters.

Amy
Nashville, Tennessee, USA


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 133

BluesSlider

My deepest sympathies to all who lost loved ones in these tragic events.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 134

Gnomon - time to move on

Gnomon, also known as Eoin McAuley, Dublin, Ireland.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 135

Jezery (Keeper of cute, cuddly little rottweilers)

I don't know what more can be said, others have already expressed what we all feel. The world continues to turn, and hopefully this tragedy and the horror it has brought forth in us all will strengthen the cause for world-wide peace.

Anne-Marie Hart, Darwin, Australia


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 136

SchrEck Inc.

SchrEck Inc. aka Henning Eckebrecht, Germany


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 137

EtherZev



Ann Greenall, Broome, Australia.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 138

Nightangel

Verena Schulz, Germany


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 139

Witty Ditty

smiley - rose

Witty Ditty, UK


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 140

Cassandra

My own heartfelt condolences to all those who suffered personal loss or injury in this tragedy.

Let's hope that good prevails at this Armageddon, too.


Key: Complain about this post