A Conversation for Talking Point: 11 September, 2001

h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 201

Bina-baby: Thingite grand-high publicist & Prof of purpology (h2g2 uni of mice)

My deepest sympathies to all affected by this tradgedy.
b-b


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 202

Researcher 184810

I cannot even comprehend the horror of what has happened!
I send my deepest sympathy to all affected!


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 203

CyberWulf

This is devastating news. Although the WTC and Pentagon are parts of the nerve centre of the USA, it's people from all over the world from all races, colours and creeds that have been hit. The people who are at present frantically digging for signs of life are working against the clock to find people who are still alive and helpless. There are some people who are well known who have been mercilessly killed and perhaps some unknown people who could have made a big difference to our world. My heart goes out to all the families who have been left to deal with the aftermath of this diabolic tragedy.... I'm only sorry I can't be there to help out personally.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 204

Researcher 184527

Thanks to you all who have been shocked and saddened and moved to share your sympathies with us. I have been reading some of the other pages here, and I have felt my blood pressure rise with every word. It is so reassuring to read these messages and know that not every person on the planet thinks America and her people are evil. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your support and prayers.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 205

msmonsy

Sharil A. Wallace, Gardendale Alabama USA
my thoughts are with all those who are mourning the loss from this tragedy.
smiley - rose


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 206

Researcher 184821

Love to everyone Stateside from everyone in London (I don't think that's too assuming).

Laura


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 207

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - rose and condolences from texas.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 208

Researcher 184561

I want to express my sympathy to all of the friends and families of those who sufffered or died in the tragic events in New York, Pittsburgh and Washington.

My cousin lives in New York and works on the 56th floor of the World Trade Center. Luckily for us he flew over to see us in London on Monday and we had just been talking about the WTC when we saw the news on TV. I know he is is suffering terribly as he has lost many friends and colleagues that worked with him, many whom he was only speaking to hours before. Most of the people in the Center start work at 7 or 8am in order to catch up with the Market in London so he said his office would have been very full, and the loss of life will be great.

I would like to draw particular attention to the rescue workers who willingly sacrificed their lives in order to save others. Often we take them for granted, but they never shirk their responsibility and to have lost so many in such an awful way is a great tragedy.

To their families and friends, i express my sympathy, and admiration for their heroism and dedication. Their bravery should not and will not be forgotten.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 209

ValerieCH

The rescue workers are still risking their lives in this effort. The buildings in the plaza area have been structually weakened by the impacts and the three collapsed buildings.

Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that there will be many more live casualties found---cell phone and tapping sounds have ceased. God bless them.

vch


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 210

Ek* this space intentionally left blank *ki

Words cannot begin to express all I'd like to say ... everyone affected, you are in my thoughts constantly. My heart goes out to you all.

With love, Ekki (aka Alex, London)


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 211

beau

I just want to give my respects to those who have died and to the families they have left behind. I just hope that they can eventually rebuild there lives and look to the future. This should never have happen and I hope that peace is rebulit in our world again, because that is what it is our's. We should be able to share but all that has gone on is about greed and power and really what does that achieve. By the sounds of it, all it has acheived is heartache.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 212

Researcher PSG

A very sad time for the smiley - earth
I offer my heartfelt condolences to anyone who has lost someone in this evil and horrific act.

Researcher PSG


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 213

a girl called Ben

My respects for the dead, my condolonces to the grieving, my thoughts for all victims both in America and elsewhere, and my prayers for all of us.

()
| |
| |

a human being called Ben


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 214

weegie

my thoughts are with the families of those caught up in this tragedy and in all other tragedies around the world.

smiley - rose


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 215

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

I probably can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but I feel the need to say something... how do you respond to something like this? There's no precedent, people don't fly planes into buildings, it simply hasn't happened before.

The killing of innocent people (regardless of nationality or religion) on this scale and in this manner is unjustifiable. My heart goes out to everyone who has been touched by this outrage. smiley - rose


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 216

Aurora (Muse au Chocolat; Muse of Fancy Footwear and Seraph of High Heels)

Words cannot begin to express our feelings at this time.
We're deeply shocked, and our hearts are with the American people.

smiley - rose Daniela & Henning Schröder


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 217

Mr. Legion

My heart goes out to everybody touched by this mass murder. Everyone needs support at a dark time like this.


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 218

purplejenny

I want to add my own words of sorrow.

A terrible event, such shock, such terror, an awful scale of human loss.

My love to all,

purplejenny


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 219

Encapsulated Life Pod Number 3- Muse of Gibberish

My sincerest heartfelt sympathy to everyone affected by this tragedy.
Peace, hope and goodwill to people everywhere.
If I could express these thought a thousand times over, it would not be enough.
smiley - rose


h2g2 Book of Condolence

Post 220

Berek - A619049 William Wallace - Braveheart and Scottish Patriot :o)

My sympathy to all concerned - my thoughts are with you.

Berek/Gavin Wallace - Glasgow, Scotland


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more