h2g2 Post 06.11.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 6thNovember 2003

Editorial

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pop... PoP... POP!!!!!

No that wasn't the sound of Shazz cracking the whip over the head of Deus Ex Machina who joined our ranks this week as our brand new Assistant Deputy Editor (In Training). Welcome to the gang Deus, don't forget the doughnuts next week!!!

To return to the strange sound indicated above, it was of course the mournful wail of yet another firework as it makes its final journey into the evening sky, to end in a brilliant light show for our amusement. It is, as I write this, coming to the end of Bonfire Night here in England, though 'night' doesn't apply these days, as the fireworks are now set off randomly in the evenings for weeks before and after the official date. I guess they must get more than the traditional 'Penny for the Guy' to cover the cost of the extended 'light and loud noise' festival we get these days, though personally I can think of far more nicer things to spend my hard earned pennies on. I'll not ask you to send in your guesses as to what the 'nicer' things might be, I think that you all may get the correct answer.

Sadly this week is the final week of our 'Dutch Meet 2003 Caption Competition', so if you want a last chance to win some wonderful Post memorabilia then why not give it a go. And talking of giving things a go, did you get last week’s theme? It was of course 'Hallowe'en' and 'Internet', I wonder if you will be able to guess this weeks.

Anyway, enough of me twittering on, time to indulge in this weeks edition of The Post.

Share and Enjoy.

Greebo T. Cat


 
REGULARS
 
 

  • QED

  • Profound Post Puzzles

FEATURES
 
 
FICTION
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Title
Latest Post

Entry

A1161677

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more