h2g2 Post 02.10.03

1 Conversation


Posted: 2ndOctober 2003

Editorial

Watch out, watch out, there's a Greebo about.

So what has been happening in the world of Greebo, well my computer blew a gasket yesterday, totally freaked me out. What is it about these things that makes you fall to pieces when you turn it on and nothing happens... or works? It's like losing a friend, a loved one, or at least someone pretty close, bit of a downer really.

To be honest, I guess I am none too respectful of my 'plastic pal who is fun to be with'. I use it every day without a please or thank you, when it's slow I get angry with it, when it doesn't do as I want through no fault of it's own it gets called very hurtful names. I am mean to it, some would say cruel, and still it always tries to be there when I really need it. Yet it is only at the times when it is no longer available that I realise what a large hole in my life would be missing if it were gone forever. What I used to do before the advent of the computer I honestly can't remember, nor want to. I only know that today, I am thankful my best buddy is back with me, and long shall it be that way.

Talking about things that are gone forever, it is with a heavy heart that I edited the very last 'Next to the Custard' this week. I know you will all join me in remembering what a fantastic story Ripper introduced us to all those weeks ago, and I am only slightly mollified when I remember that I can enjoy 'Custard' whenever I please by dipping into the treasure chest that is The Post Archives. So it's not gone forever, it's just waiting for me whenever I fancy a really good read.

Share and Enjoy!

Greebo T. Cat


CARTOONS
 
 
REGULARS
 
 
FEATURES
 
 

  • QED

  • Ten Dictionary Descriptive Decisions

FICTION
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A1161622

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more