anhaga

Sorry I don't have a link like this for the Beothuk.smiley - sadface

http://www.infonet.st-johns.nf.ca/providers/green/caribou.html

(which thread is this again?)

Meeses Pieces

Post 802

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> (which thread is this again?) <<

It's your thread, dear. smiley - laugh The one about racism and genocides among the lost tribes of the LOTR. It had drifted off into a moose cull for a page or two so I dragged it back to racism and lost tribes. Thematically correct if not specific to the content of Tolkien's dark ramble.

If y'canna find a Shawnadithit website I'm not surprised. The whole point of ethnic cleansing is to remove all evidence of a peoples' existence, to wipe them from history and from memory.

I've never before actually cited a calendar in reference materials but if you will see - June 6th of the current (2004) Petro Canada Calendar - you will find mention of the last of the Beothuks. Your friendly neighbourhood PetroCan dealer can probably help you find one.

Good to see the caribou are making a comeback on 'the rock'. smiley - reindeer Those pictures would indicate they have been cross-breeding with the mooses because those are BIG caribou! Not like the little ones they have out in the northwest at all.

smiley - fullmoon
~jwf~

Meeses Pieces

Post 803

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

smiley - cat with a smiley - book mark.

Meeses Pieces

Post 804

anhaga

"If y'canna find a Shawnadithit website I'm not surprised."

Actually, I have no trouble finding a Beothuk link (there's one from the Caribou page above). What I sadly couldn't find was one that told of the return of the Beothuk.

Meeses Pieces

Post 805

azahar

Shawnadithit? smiley - erm

az

Meeses Pieces

Post 806

anhaga

Because, unlike the caribou, the Beothuk aren't going to return.

Sorry I've been unclear.

Meeses Pieces

Post 807

intelligent moose (the one true H2G2 Moose)

Gosh, a moose thread, if only I hadn't started ignoring this tread because it was rather silly.

Meeses Pieces

Post 808

azahar

smiley - laugh

az

Meeses Pieces

Post 809

azahar

F19585?thread=455024&post=5639134#p5639134

smiley - winkeye

az

The next level......

Post 810

Deidzoeb

Nice discussion from what I saw of it, but I'm unsubscribing because I can't keep up with it.

Thanks. Later,
Deidzoeb

The next level......

Post 811

Ged42

I wonder what Tolkien would think if he knew that a conversation on him and his books had metamorphosed into conversation about mooses?

Personally, I think he would be proud.
I know I would be. smiley - smiley

smiley - reindeer

The next level......

Post 812

Myriad Silver

Please forgive this entity for jumping into the middle of a thread with a reply to a six day old posting. One finds it impossible to allow the statement "we our totaly in control and responsible for our actions", made by GiGaBaNE in post 586 to remain unchallenged. Please forgive any repetition in the event that this has been covered in the subsequent six days, though one feels there is a far greater likelihood that it was just passed over as off-topic. Please treat this digression in a similar manner. Your discussions are fascinating and illuminating.
Thank you for starting this thread anhaga.

GiGaBaNE, in our opinion, your assertion that we are totally in control and responsible for our actions does not seem entirely justifiable. Many people are, for diverse reasons (for instance abusive parents, spouses, teachers, employers) unable to assert even a modicum of control over the smallest aspects of their lives.

Some of us are unable to speak coherently outside the immediate family circle or associate with adult humans without the use of a class of drug known as beta-blockers to keep the fight-or-flight symptoms under control.

Even those of you that think you are in control are actually reacting in many cases to the balance, or otherwise, of neurotransmitters in your brains.

You may find this illuminating: http://www.neuromarketing.de/connecs/content/abstract_rogers.htm

Incidentally, in connection with your sociopolitical concerns someone mentioned enlightened self-interest. Most of the results obtained over the years from the "Prisoner's Dilemma" experiment mentioned in that abstract appear to show that enlightened self-interest is an extremely effective strategy.

The next level......

Post 813

Myriad Silver

Surely any thread numbering ~jwf~ among its contributors has a high probability og metamorphosing into a conversation about mooses at some stage?

Purrsonally, some of us prefur meeces.

smiley - cappuccinosmiley - cat

The next level......

Post 814

anhaga

Thanks, Myriad Silver.

I don't think you actually did repeat anything and I, for one, welcome your comment. As for being off-topic, I don't think that is possible.smiley - smiley

As for GiGaBaNE, I believe he has left the building, as he said he would.smiley - erm

The next level......

Post 815

Myriad Silver

You mean he really was Elvis?

Sorry, I have not yet reached that point. Was he feeling besieged or merely overcome with ennui occasioned by the necessity of talking down to all you obviously inferior minds?

The next level......

Post 816

anhaga

He simply said that he was only going to be here for 48 hours and then he was going to be off elsewhere to continue building his business enterprise/dictatorship/superhuman species.smiley - erm

hypnotism

Post 817

Myriad Silver

>> maybe if i had a mute body guard pointing a gun at the hypnotist with orders to shoot if he tries to suggest something that is not of my requirements <<

One of my colleagues claims to remember reading, years ago, that (without extensive brainwashing of course, of which we have no knowledge whatsoever) it is fundamentally impoosible to make a hypnotised subject act in a manner contrary to hir principles.

is this not so?

The next level......

Post 818

Myriad Silver

Thank you, anhaga, for elucidating.

Was Tolkien moose-ist?

Post 819

Myriad Silver

>> Posted By: azahar

<>

It seems there aren't, anhaga.

What conclusions can we draw from this? <<