A Conversation for Ask h2g2

hypnotism

Post 821

anhaga

Myriad Silver:

From what I understand, what your friend told you of hypnotism is true. Seems to me that I've been told the same by a certified hypnotherapist (who was unable to put me under, despite his claim that he could hypnotize anyone, and despite what felt like willingness on my part.)

As to Moose not being in the Lord of the Rings (except the cobblers press version and the revised standard moose version) I suspect the conclusion we can draw is that Tolkien had a failure of the imagination in the very large ungulate department.smiley - winkeye

Meeses Pieces

Post 822

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> Sorry I've been unclear. <<

smiley - zen
It's when you begin a sentence with "Sorry" - as you did in 801 and again in 806 apologising for being unclear in 801 - that things become unclear.

801 is perfectly clear in hindsight, the fault was mine for not realising you were being sorry for the Beothuk and not simply lamenting websearch shortcomings.

Was it Rockefeller who said, "Never explain, never complain."?

smiley - cheers
~jwf~

Meeses Pieces

Post 823

anhaga

Sorry.smiley - winkeye

Meeses Pieces

Post 824

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Am I the only person that has no idea what we are now talking about? smiley - sheep

Meeses Pieces

Post 825

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Don't mind me though smiley - smiley

Meeses Pieces

Post 826

anhaga

The Lord of the Rings, Moose, the Beothuk Indians of Newfoundland, apologies, and ~jwf~.smiley - smiley

Meeses Pieces

Post 827

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

And all and sundry! smiley - cat

Meeses Pieces

Post 828

Mrs Zen

*waves to Myriad Silver*

Good to see you here, honey.

B

Meeses Pieces

Post 829

azahar

"... dimensionality, perhaps because he was drawing on imagery that is ... Best of all, toting around this huge moose of book ... the only way to explain JRR Tolkien’s 180 ..."

Huge *moose* of a book??? smiley - bigeyes

http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/book_tolkien_home.html

az

Meeses Pieces

Post 830

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

I may have missed it (if so, my smiley - winkeye apologies) but in a quick check of the last 100 posts here, I could not find a link to this h2g2 Edited Guide entry.

A579666 (Edited)

smiley - reindeer
~jwf~

It's all about the moose - Tolkien buffs: nothing to see here, move on

Post 831

Trin Tragula

You know, for just a split-second, as I reached for that link, I thought it was going to be about Tolkien ... smiley - rofl

back to Tolkein (kind of)

Post 832

Thought this was interesting given some of the earlier conversation in this thread:

F19585?thread=516154?thread=&show=20&skip=0&lpcr=0#p6047018

Post 833

Mrs Zen

It is. Thanks.

B

Post 834

intelligent moose (the one true H2G2 Moose)

...someone called for a moose?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more