A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 11941

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

Can't stand Nolan.

PH: I have sixteen books piled up beside me. Have to read them all. Good Lord.

PH 2: Stephen sodding Nolan.

PH 3: people's tone, when they don't really realise it. Listen to yourself, moderate how you say things- would be nice.

Petty Hates

Post 11942

Pink Paisley

Nolan schmolan.

Campbell!!!!!

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 11943

jzzyprin93

Petty Hates:
1. Getting upset because your PHONE doesn't show in 1080p

Petty Hates

Post 11944

KB

Needing to get somewhere in a hurry when smiley - dog is walking with me.

Not because of anything he does - he's a lot faster than me - but because his presence invariably means getting stuck in a conversation with everyone who passes smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 11945

Malabarista - now with added pony

He's faster than you? Did you get your leg amputated, or something? smiley - huh

Petty Hates

Post 11946

KB

I guess you haven't seen him in top gear! smiley - tekcor

It's not so much his size, as what he does with it. smiley - tongueincheek

Petty Hates

Post 11947

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

1)the ability of children to wake up just as I'm falling asleep
2)the government and almost all it does especially it's phone system
3)the price of essentials in the supermarket
4)people asking when I'm due... I had the baby three months ago, thanks for that little ego boost

Petty Hates

Post 11948

Pink Paisley

Driving into work today. 12C, damp (not raining). My car steams up at the merest hint of a bit of cool moisure in the air, so I have to use the air con in order to keep the windscreen mist free. And when the air con is on, the windscreen clears on the inside AND mists up on the outside.

Air con on / air con off wipe windscreen. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat........

PP

Petty Hates

Post 11949

Rod

You don't by any chance have the aircon on recirculate?

Petty Hates

Post 11950

Pink Paisley

No. The problem is that it's a Citroen.

And I insist on breathing. Unreasonable, I know.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 11951

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Ah, i think you'll find that breathing is banned in the owner's manual...surely you read all of it?

smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 11952

Pink Paisley

Stupid CD packaging.

And it comes in two forms.

1. The 'special edition' which sucks 'completists' into spending an extra £2 for 3 extra live tracks. Todays were three live versions of tracks already on the album. I can't help myself.

2. Packages that make it fiddly to get the CD out of the package. Today's was a cardboard gate-fold package. A fortnight ago the same. And it was a double.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 11953

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - laugh I'm a sucker for the Special Editions too smiley - winkeye and I've got a CD based P.H....CD snot!

That horrible, oh so sticky and incredibly annoying rubbery glue stuff they put on CDs (and other goodies) to stick them to the front of magazines.

It's vile!

Petty Hates

Post 11954

Pink Paisley

But great for hanging off your nose at work and pretending that you didn't know it was there.

PP

Petty Hates

Post 11955

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - laugh what a lovely image!

Petty Hates

Post 11956

Anna Siren- the heathen of the deep, according to iTunes...

The uni insist my direct debit for my rent is cancelled. I remember setting it up, and getting the letter to confirm it. They say my account is invalid- horse crap.

I skipped my first lecture today for this and they are stubborn; I argued with my bank over this.

My lecturer made an innocent comment to me post class and I responded in the worst way possible.

I have no note taker, your woman’s off sick and it’s week 5. I’m furious and in tears cos I can be. I don’t know what to do.

Petty Hates

Post 11957

Beatrice

The bit at the end of the show when Dermot goes "Well, the Eggheads have done what comes naturally..."

No, they haven't. It's not "natural" to have oodles of general knowledge at your disposal, and I'm pretty sure they do loads of work to keep that level of knowledge current.

Petty Hates

Post 11958

KB

PH: I was so shattered I fell asleep for most of the evening, so now I'll probably be up all night!

Petty Hates

Post 11959

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

Seriously sorry to hear that - several of my friends are also being told that their rent has bounced, and so are missing lectures to deal with it, which is causing further annoying problems

Petty Hates

Post 11960

Rod

the post 20 syndrome.

Perhaps I can evade it (this time)

Key: Complain about this post