A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 17521

You can call me TC

People who reply to a question in an interview with "That's a really interesting question". They are probably trying to gain a little time to formulate an answer. I just find it annoying.

I suppose it's better than going off at a tangent and not answering the question at all, though.

Petty Hates

Post 17522

Cheerful Dragon

Two Petty Hates today. One is my total lack of will power. It affects my life in a variety of ways - not eating healthily, not trying to exercise more, not putting down my Android devices to do something useful/productive... Next time I'm feeling bored, I'll have to force myself to do something useful.

The other PH is an additional that keeps appearing for a weight loss product that promises impossible results. The ad features women who are grotesquely obese and claims miraculous weight loss in a short time period. If those women lost that much weight that quickly, they'd need surgery to remove the excess skin. And the claims of backing from Dragon's Den and Shark Tank are bogus, too. I've reported the ad as misleading, so hopefully I won't see it any more. But I know it's still out there and there are people who are desperate enough to buy the product.

Petty Hates

Post 17523

Cheerful Dragon

Another Petty Hate - predictive text. The last post should have referred to an ad, not an additional. Yes, I know that I can turn off predictive text, but I find it useful on many occasions. I'll have to start using Preview more often.

Key: Complain about this post

Petty Hates

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more