A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1121

Adele the Divided (h2g2 will be your undoing)

Oh yes. Hangnails, my mother called them. The trick is to get a pair of pointy nail scissors, and barber them before the urge to pull strikes...

Petty Hates

Post 1122

Researcher 185550

I inevitably cut too low smiley - sadface.

Petty Hates

Post 1123

dasilva

I find nail clippers the perfect weapon against them smiley - ok

People who think "No Smoking" only applies to tobacco products!!!!! smiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 1124

Researcher 185550

What else (that's legal, and therefore that doesn't require you to be a fool to smoke it in public) can you smoke?

Petty Hates

Post 1125

dasilva

You think the mere fact that it's illegal stops people from smoking it in public? What planet are you on? I'm moving there! smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 1126

Researcher 185550

As public as say, the high street. Where people are unafraid to light up, they may be a little dubious about lighting up a J.

Petty Hates

Post 1127

dasilva

Not in any place I've been to recently smiley - laugh about 1 in 4 I see/smell in my hometown certainly ain't just 'baccy smiley - biggrin

Anyway - the point is, most smoking bans are in place primarily because of the FIRE RISK (Birmingham New Street train station had to be classified officially as an underground station so they could ban smoking after the King's Cross fire).

Petty Hates

Post 1128

AlexoOo

yeah, but there aint no "joint friendly" areas in London, like the smoking areas in offices.

Petty Hates

Post 1129

Citizen S

Really dark lip liner surrounding lighter lipstick. Looks awful.

Petty Hates

Post 1130

Researcher 185550

There used to be one. It was decriminalized there, as an experiment. Roaring success.

Petty Hates

Post 1131

Adele the Divided (h2g2 will be your undoing)

>>It was decriminalized there, as an experiment. Roaring success.<<

Wow, that's weird and interesting - it's still being vehemently argued here.

Jim's petty hate is people who say “dub dub dub” when giving URLs. (I disagree with him.) Another one for me is people who, when someone says “let's go”, say just another minute, and then it turns into 15!

Petty Hates

Post 1132

MuseSusan

Regarding the one about the dark lip liner: I absolutely agree. It's especially awful when they have the dark brown lip liner around dull brownish-red lipstick. It looks like dried blood, and I can't understand how makeup that gives one the impression of a vampire is supposed to make the person look good.

Petty Hates

Post 1133

Snailrind

I adore the smiley - vampire look, personally. Though ideally, the lipstick should be scarlet, bleeding into a black border.

All pink fluffy things with big eyes, on the other hand, need to be dropped into a vat of boiling tar for the sake of human sanity.

Petty Hates

Post 1134

Researcher 185550

And quickly.

Also the description of anything that:

1) Is small
2) Has big eyes

as cute.

Petty Hates

Post 1135

dasilva

So all those Japanese animations that feature little girls with smiley - bigeyes beating seven shades of hell out of some can't be called cute now?

smiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 1136

The Groob

People who try to communicate across the room and assume you can lip read. Just looks like a goldfish to me.

Also people who try to communicate something across the room by writing with their finger in the air. I find it impossible to make out any letters.

Petty Hates

Post 1137

dasilva

And bosses who think that yelling at the top of their lungs across a busy, noisy studio is an effective form of communication! smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 1138

Researcher 185550

Effective /and/ polite.

Petty Hates

Post 1139

dasilva

Double smiley - grr

Fortunately I've not had to suffer it at my new place, unfortunately I'm near the end of my 6 month contract smiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 1140

Researcher 185550

The way time moves so fast when you're enjoying yourself, and so slow when you're not.

Key: Complain about this post