A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1081

Researcher 185550

And wearing a long sleeve t- shirt under a short t- shirt. Learn how to dress.

Petty Hates

Post 1082

Snailrind

I once wore a pair of jeans to school, inside out. Everyone thought I looked bloody stupid, and I must admit the pockets were impractical; but in fact, I was just way ahead of my time. smiley - smiley

Oh, and the shorts-over-the -trousers thing: it's actually been done in America. I've seen Americans [on TV] with my own eyes, wearing running sorts over jogging trousers. I suppose it's for those days when a guy can't decide whether he wants to run or jog.

Petty Hates

Post 1083

The Groob

Overuse of adjectives in music commercials.

Their BRILLIANT new single!

The FANTASTIC new album!

Let people judge for themselves.

Petty Hates

Post 1084

The Groob

Same as:

'There is one LUCKY lottery winner this week'.

Surely the use of 'lucky' is superfluous. Unless you're thinking 'oooh, a lottery win. bad luck mate'.

Petty Hates

Post 1085

Researcher 185550

I saw this makeover program the other day, two blokes who used solely three adjectives:

Gorgeous, brilliant, fantastic. They are now on my black list.

That and "fab".

Petty Hates

Post 1086

AlexoOo

People who shout insults as they're going past in cars.
Cor, that's brave innit?

Petty Hates

Post 1087

The Groob

I hear that.

Reminds me of two kids I saw on the bus the other day. They were playing about so the driver pulled no punches: "get off!". They both skulked off the bus without saying a word, then as soon as the door was shut and the bus was pulling away they started yelling abuse.

Petty Hates

Post 1088

Snailrind

Yes, that kind of thing *is* really annoying! People shout at me from passing cars all the time. I think they can't cope with the fact that I wear a hat.

Petty Hates

Post 1089

Researcher 185550

The way you turn up at the road which has the bus stop in the middle, in time to see the bus leaving.

Petty Hates

Post 1090

The Groob

The obsession that some seem to have with clearing up every last leaf that's fallen. LEAVE IT! Let nature take its course.

Petty Hates

Post 1091

Snailrind

Railtrack have certainly taken that advice. smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 1092

Adele the Divided (h2g2 will be your undoing)

New Scientist called that 'Redundant Acronym Syndrome' (RAS Syndrome). (Yes, they were being funny... They called for examples - yours would interest them.)
Petty hate_ the phrase "At the end of the day" (except when (rarely) being used literally.

Petty Hates

Post 1093

Adele the Divided (h2g2 will be your undoing)

I think that's currently fashionable here - it looks uncomfortable!
But we have been waiting for spring/summer, which has decided not to come this year.smiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 1094

Emily 'Twa Bui' Ultramarine

People who don't rinse the washing up. Urgh.

Petty Hates

Post 1095

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Totally agree with you on that one. Just think of the washing up liquid residue that must build up over the yearssmiley - yuk. JUST RUN THE GODDAMN THING UNDER THE TAP you lazy b'ssmiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 1096

Researcher 185550

smiley - yuk yes.

Calling a spade a manual earth restructuring implement, not a spade.

Petty Hates

Post 1097

dasilva

Political correctness all around smiley - ok

Petty Hates

Post 1098

Researcher 185550

People, (that is to say, both young and old, of both genders, and all races) in Britain (and Ireland as well, though it is less common outside Southern England) when they say something, frequently they do not (sometimes, by no means always) get straight to the point.

Useful skill to have.

Petty Hates

Post 1099

Snailrind

People who chew gum at you down the phone.

Petty Hates

Post 1100

Researcher 185550

"Snail Mail", the phrase, and how it's never for me.

Key: Complain about this post