A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 1061

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Defrosting the freezer smiley - brr

Petty Hates

Post 1062

The Groob

Slanted hats worn by women. As seen on Tracy Shaw and Cameron Diaz. It looks WRONG.

Petty Hates

Post 1063

The Groob

Women wearing hats in a slanty way. As seen on Tracy Shaw and Cameron Diaz. It looks WRONG.

Petty Hates

Post 1064

The Groob

Slanted hats on women is pretentious, silly and WRONG.

Petty Hates

Post 1065

dasilva

A hat ain't a hat 'less it's tilted smiley - erm

Each to their own smiley - biggrin

More hats all round!

Petty Hates

Post 1066

Researcher 185550

Berets.

Petty Hates

Post 1067

The Groob

Can you name anyone they actually suit other than Che Guevara?

Petty Hates

Post 1068

Researcher 185550

No. Even the French, who should know better, as they do have a tendency to be good at all things artistic and fashionable.

Petty Hates

Post 1069

Snailrind

Those off-the-shoulder jumpers many women wear. They are all slanty and WRONG, too. I keep wanting to go up to them and pull the collar bit back onto their shoulder and tell them to hand wash it next time. 'Course, if I did that, then the bottom hem would all be slanty and WRONG. smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 1070

chickadee (wheee!)

the texture of mushrooms *shudder*

and i hate (speking of style-y stuff) when most of teh people around are all pale from winter, and then a couple girls spend all their time going tanning. a tan in february in a rainy place is just.. wrong!

Petty Hates

Post 1071

chickadee (wheee!)

and when people use a word that sounds similar but has a different meaning, eg, fragrantly instead of flagrantly.

and, i know this is really stupid, but it really bothers me when i get a good grade on something without tying at all. i like geting good grades, but getting 100% on an essay written at one in the morning the ngiht before is *wrong*

Petty Hates

Post 1072

Researcher 185550

And also when you spend ages doing an essay and it gets a rubbish mark.

Petty Hates

Post 1073

AlexoOo

Those hipster jeans that show off girls pants.
I don't want anyone to see that I'm wearing girls pants.

Petty Hates

Post 1074

Researcher 185550

smiley - laugh

Those days when your boxer shorts climb up your waist, eventually wedgying you.

Petty Hates

Post 1075

Snailrind

Bad punctuation. smiley - cross Nobody knows how to use punctuation any more. It means that talented poets such as E. E. Cummings don't get the recognition they deserve.

Petty Hates

Post 1076

Snailrind

The anal retentiveness in literary circles about split infinitives.

For those who don't know, an infinitive is a verb with the word 'to' in front of it; for example, 'to go'. A split infinitive is when something is inserted into the middle of an infinitive; for example, 'to boldly go'.

Many English grammatical constructions were taken from Latin in the days when anyone who was anyone spoke Latin. In Latin, an infinitive consists of one word, not two, so it can't be split. But I've got news for all those with literary pretensions: WE DON'T SPEAK LATIN ANY MORE.

If I want to boldly go, or to rantingly shout, or to passionately leap around, then I should be entitled to jolly well do so.

Petty Hates

Post 1077

Researcher 185550

Quite!

The reccomendation not to split infinitives was just that: a reccomendation. That somehow got changed into an immuatble rule.

Petty Hates

Post 1078

dasilva

Like 'i' before 'e' except after 'c' smiley - weird

Petty Hates

Post 1079

HonestIago

Smokers who congregate around the doors of buildings to get their fix, forcing me to walk through the fumes and bed smells if I want to get inside smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 1080

liquidsword

Women who wear a skirt over trousers. What the **** is that about. I say all blokes should perhaps start wearing shorts over their trousers to see if that works

Key: Complain about this post