A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 5341

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 23 November 2008 14:41

Woke up to grey skies and a light covering of snow which lasted until 10:00 and it has brightened from 13:00 and it is now sunny with clear skies. The temperature now is 7°C and the wind speeds are 11 mph WNW.

Post 5342

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 24 November 2008 19:26

Woke up to grey skies by 12:30 it started to slowly brighten up with and by 13:00 it was sunny and the clouds cleared for half an hour and then the clouds started to build up. By 14:00 there were strong winds with rain and hail for 15 minutes. Then half an hour later it brightened up with sunshine which lasted about 30 minutes and then it became overcast. It is overcast now with a heavy bank of clouds. The temperature now is 3°C but it feels like 0°C and the wind speeds are 7 mph NNW.

Post 5343

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
havent been on, the old digibox went kaput last week, just been replaced
-
its cold and sunny, like a summers day,cant last,never does.
-
time now,9-55am, on tuesday the 25th of nove, 30 days to xmas now,in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 5344

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 25 November 2008 14:18

It started out with mainly clear skies and sunny but by late morning it became more cloudier. Then it has become clear again since 14:00. The sun is low in the sky. The temperature now is 6°C but it feels like 2°C with the chill factor. The wind speeds are 15 mph NNW.

Post 5345

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 26 November 2008 17:56

Dull, overcast, cold and dry. The temperature now is 8°C but feels more like 6°C with the wind chill factor. The wind speeds are 6 mph W. Sunrise 07:35 and sunset 15:56.

Post 5346

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 27 November 2008 14:22

It started out as cloudy and by 10:39 it became brighter with some sunshine until 14:00. The temperature now is 12°C and the wind speeds are 15 mph SW.

Post 5347

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 28 November 2008 18:44

It has been raining on and off since 8 am this morning, there are puddles every where and I am starting to rust. The temperature now is 6°C but it feels like 4°C with the chill factor. It felt cold yesterday when it was mild temperature of 12°C. The wind speeds are 5 mph NNE.

Post 5348

hi all
-
in a nutshell, its cold, wet, and frosty, so you could say its winter with a small bang, so next will probably the dreaded snow.
-
its now 9-45am, on saturday the 29th of nov, in cold bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 5349

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 29 November 2008 13:47

Overcast dry and misty. The temperature now is 5°C but it feels like 3°C with the chill factor. The wind speeds are 6 mph N.

Post 5350

Beatrice

Temperature outside in Belfast struggling to get above zero. There's a eerie mist over everything, and I took photos of cobwebs with jewelled frozen dewdrops on them.

Post 5351

Alfster

Wierd mist in Cheshire too.

And no wind. No one about and really really quiet.

Reminds me of Xmas Day when everyone is inside opening presents.

Post 5352

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 30 November 2008 14:37

Cloudy and overcast with rain for about half an hour at 12 noon. The temperature now is 6°C but it feels like 3°C with the chill factor. The wind speeds are 10 mph NWE.

Post 5353

Smudger879n

Really freezing here today in Fife, the frost never never lifted all day! I have just been out our paper recycle bin and it was like walking into a freezersmiley - cool
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 5354

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

31c here and the surf is a bit flat but the water temp is about 22c so it's a nice combination, the rest of the week is the same too: Warm + sunny with light north easterly breezes, fresh at times along the coast.

Perfect smiley - surfersmiley - footprints

Post 5355

hi all
-
its all white as far as the eye can see, but not snow, just a servere frostsmiley - snowball and very cold.
-
its now 10-15am, on the 1st of december, in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon. jim

Post 5356

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 01 December 2008 14:57

Partly cloudy skies with sunshine. The temperature now is 5°C but it feels like 1°C with the chill factor but it feels warmer than yesterday. The wind speeds are 13 mph NNW.

Post 5357

psychocandy-moderation team leader

A typical autumn day in Chicago. Not too cold (28°F/ -2°C), partly cloudy, and a bit of light snow (maybe an inch accmulation so far, with perhaps another inch to come). It's just the third day this autumn I've needed a jacket, which is annoying in a way- I've got a new winter coat and boots and it's been too warm to wear them so far.

Post 5358

Smudger879n

The deep frost lifted today, and it was not so cold, thankfully. Still a bit nippy though.
smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 5359

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 01 December 2008 11:32

Partly cloudy skies with sunshine. The temperature now is 5°C but it feels like 1°C The wind speeds are 15 mph SW.

Post 5360

kipperonthefloor - Make sense? What fun is there in Making sense?

it was snowing

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more