A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 5381

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Once again, it's too warm for a coat- 34°F/ 1°C- with light rain and no wind to speak of.

Thank goodness we don't have that miserable hot, humid summer stuff going right now. smiley - yuk

Post 5382

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 09 December 2008 19:40

Variable cloud, with the cccasional sunny spell and bright intervals. The top temperature has been 6°. The temperature now is 2°C but feels like -1°C The weather forecast says that the sky is clear but it has clouded over. The wind speeds are 7 mph MNW.

Post 5383

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Just got back from the beach fishing (the buggers didn't bite today) and it's a very warm 34c at 2.27 pm, slight northerly breeze (which is our hot breeze here in the southern climes) and if you dont cover yourself up in a sensible wide brimmed hat and long sleeve shirt/top and use the max sunscreen then you will basically dry up and shrivel away and become a host for all sorts of nasty skin cancers.
Humidity is a dry 52% and we wont be having a cooling tropical storm in the afternoon because of itsmiley - sadface

Tomorrow is cooler though at 27 or so and the promise is for high humidity and 20mm of the wet stuff.smiley - cool

Post 5384

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
to look at the outside its like a snowy day, but its a heavy frost bbbrr,
-
its now 10am, on wednesday the 10th of december, in bradford uk,2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 5385

Ballynac

Hello

Here in London it's a bright clear sunny day. Hardly a cloud in the sky and only the slightest hint of a breeze. It's a nippy though. It's about 4c now at 11.45am on Wednesday 10th.

Post 5386

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 10 December 2008 17:22

Variable cloud, with sunny spells. I saw the sunset in around 15:30 and the moon smiley - moon was nearly full. The sky has broken dispersed clouds with plenty of clear bits. The top temperature has been 4°. The temperature now is 2°C but feels like -1°C. The wind speeds are 6 mph W.

Post 5387

hi all
-
the best day in a week, no frost, still a bit cold, and yep the sun is shinning at the moment.
-
its now 10-30am, on thursday the 11th december, in bradford uk,2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 5388

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 11 December 2008 19:35

Contary to the weather forecast of partly cloudy skies, it has been mainly cloudy with a few bright and sunny intervals. The temperature has been 4° and now it is 2°C but feels like : 0°C. The wind speeds are 4 mph WNW.

Post 5389

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Humid and wet here, 7.30am and already the question uppermost in our minds is whether to have a swim before heading off to work.

Post 5390

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 12 December 2008 17:46

Overnight temperatures of -5°C. It started partly cloudy with bright spells and withoderate to severe frost but only lasted until 10;30. Then it clouded over and it has been cloudy since 10:30 am. The temperature has been 8° and now is 6°C but feels more like 2°C. The wind speeds are 14 mph S. In few minutes we could be having light showers.

Post 5391

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

I would sum up weather today as blooming cold while cycling!
It was so cold I had to wear my arm lengh fleece lined mittens to stop hands freezing like feet.

Post 5392

hi all
-
its cold, and rain,rain, and more rain,
-
its now 10-10am, on saturday the 13th of december,in bradford uk, 2008 <dragon. jim

Post 5393

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 13 December 2008 18:48

It has been raining overnight with severe winds until noon but it has been raining non stop apart from a few times when it was dry but not for very long. The temperature has been 6° and now is 4°C but feels like 1°C. The strong winds over night must have been around 20-25 mph SW, a guess from past experience. The winds started to die down from late morning/noon. The wind speeds are now 8 mph SE.

Post 5394

eatingteddy

it is cold.. nothing else about -4°C no rain, no wind, no snow just cold. In the west of germany..

Post 5395

taliesin

Similkameen, British Columbia, Canada

-8°C
Current:Snow
Wind: NW at 18 km/h
Humidity: 60%

smiley - snowballsmiley - brrsmiley - snowmansmiley - llabwons

Post 5396

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 14 December 2008 16:31

It is cold, overcast but dry. The temperature at it's highest has been 5° and now it is 3°C but it feels more like 0°C. The wind speeds are 6 mph N. According to the weather forecast Thursday temperatures will be in double figures 10°.

Post 5397

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 15 December 2008 11:36

It is cold, overcast but dry. The temperature is 6°C but it feels more like 4°C. The wind speeds are 6 mph N.

Post 5398

psychocandy-moderation team leader

It's a bit cold today. 8°F/ -13°C, windchill -9°F/ -23°C. It rained last night and then the temperature dropped, so the roads and walks are pretty slick this morning. I finally needed to dig out my gloves.

Post 5399

NorthernGal

Minnesota, USA:

Wild weather yesterday. We started out with pouring rain and above freezing temps, then as the day progressed the rain turned to snow as the temperatures dropped, making for treacherous roads as the wet roads turned to ice. We had a 46 degree temperature drop (F) Sunday.

Current temperature -8F/ -22C

Post 5400

hi all
-
its been another cold and wet night, there is no frost about, but its freezing. bbbrr
-
time is 10am, on tuesday the 16th of december,in bradford uk,2008 smiley - dragon jim

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more