A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 5421

Alfster

I wonder what happened to the OP. They 'left' the same month they started this thread 5 and a half years ago.

Post 5422

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi 3dots
-
check out the original thread starter, the top messages, "hi" i think h2g2 was just a bit to tame for him or here lol. smiley - cracker jim

Post 5423

garcia77

Hello: minus 25, five foot snowbanks, bloody freezing, hate going out there but don't mind looking at the whiteness of it all kind of weather

Post 5424

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 23 December 2008 15:30

Cloudy and overcast with a dampness in the air. The temperature is 11°C. The wind speeds are 6 mph W.

Post 5425

Reality Manipulator

Hi Jim and everyone Wishing you peace, love, and joy
this Holiday Season and a New Year of peace and happiness.smiley - crackersmiley - snowmansmiley - hollysmiley - mistletoesmiley - xmastreesmiley - giftsmiley - snowball

According to the weather forecast at the weekend it will be getting colder in the South East of England.

Post 5426

psychocandy-moderation team leader

22°F/ -3.5°C in Chicago right now. And it's snowing again! smiley - snowball

Happy holidays, all. smiley - bubbly

Post 5427

Sho - employed again!

Hey Jim, did you see you made QOTD!

smiley - applause

and with a good one...

as for the weather... it's foggy. getting to work this morning was like driving through a cotton-wool ball.

Post 5428

miz

Hi Jim & Kat Merry Christmas to you both xxx

Weather in South Yorkshire's not too bad for the time of year, cold but not raining or snowing touch wood. I could put up with these type of winters, just hate the cold and wet together.

Merry Christmas to everybody on here smiley - hug 's & smiley - kiss 's all round.

Post 5429

thanks miz and evryone,
-
me doing the qotd, and i wasnt even trying lol
-
well its dry, still a bit cold, no sign of wind at the moment.
-
its now 11-45pm, on 23rd december,tues,in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - cracker jim smiley - snowball

Post 5430

Reality Manipulator

Hi Miz Merry Christmas smiley - xmastreesmiley - santasmiley - hollysmiley - giftsmiley - mistletoe
South Ockendon, East England, 23 December 2008 20:02

Cloudy and overcast, the temperature is 7°C and it feels warmer than yesterday when it was 11°C.

Post 5431

wishing one and all
-
smiley - bubbly a merry xmassmiley - bubbly
-
there is no sign of snow, and its cold, but apart from a lingering fog, reasonable for xmas morning.
-
jimsmiley - cracker on xmas day 9-45am,bradford uk, 2008 smiley - cracker

Post 5432

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 25 December 2008 10:12

Cloudy and dull, the temperature is 5°C and it feels like like: 3°C, but to me it does not feel much colder when the temperature was higher yesterday. I wonder why it feels warmer in winter when it's colder and when it is colder it feels warmer. The wind speeds now are 6 mph N.

Post 5433

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 26 December 2008 20:35

It started partly cloudy with some sunny spells but as the day continued the sunny spells became longer and the clouds dissipated. It is clear now and the smiley - starsmiley - star are visible, but I have not seen the smiley - moon yet. The top temperature has been 4° and now it is -1°C but feels more like -4°C. It is a crisp dry coldness with no dampness in the air. I hope we will get a good amount of frost tomorrow.

Post 5434

loonycat - run out of fizz

East Sussex coast 26/12/08

Very cold but dry and clear all day. Was especially smiley - brr walking along the beach!

Haven't posted any weather since June smiley - smiley Merry Christmas smiley - hollysmiley - xmaspud

Post 5435

Sho - employed again!

27th December, 10:00 CET
Near Mönchengladbach, Germany. -5°C, a thick white layer of frost
everywhere but beautiful sunshine

Post 5436

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

It's 8.15pm and it is very tropical: Picture, ceiling fans and cheesecloth clothes, bare feet and cold iced tea with mint or ice chocolate with scrunched up ice on the topsmiley - smiley That's what this family is wearing/doing as we relax watching a torrent or two on Saturday night.

(Avi torrent not the rainy typesmiley - cool)

Post 5437

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Hastings Sussex UK, blue skies sunny but cold-cold wind

Post 5438

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, East England, 27 December 2008 13:55

It started off with cloudy and with light to moderate patchy frost which cleared up by late morning. It has started to brighten up from noon and the sun is clouded over. The temperature now is 3°C but it feels like 2°C. The wind speeds are 13 mph ENE.

Post 5439

Totally bizarre. After days of solid ice and tons of snow, it's currently almost 16°C, and there's a tornado watch in effect.

It'll be back down to 5°C or less by Monday, but this freak weather is supposed to last through tomorrow night.

What do the climate change deniers think?

Post 5440

(Incidentally, 16° is gorgeous- I don't like it much warmer than 20-25°C- but SO MUCH RAIN!!)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more