A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How many conversation threads are you subscribed to?

Post 61

caper_plip

I can't be bothered to count... severely tired person popping her head in... well, in algebra, it'd be:

number of conversations = x + 1

Post 62

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

If we're going by algebra, then I've got sin(5x+2)^2-dy/dx (11x^3+yx^2/3-42)
So there.smiley - geek

Post 63

a girl called Ben

Post 64

a girl called Ben

Having read the backlog I realise this is next to nothing.

I did clear out a lot of conversations recently which I no longer wanted to have recurring in my recent conversations space; and at the moment I am tending to revisit existing threads, rather than join in new ones.

But even so it seems a bit wimpish...

Ben

Post 65

Tube - the being being back for the time being

Hey, Grey Desk, you're looking for A640333, not? smiley - smiley

Post 66

Tube - the being being back for the time being

704 since Sept 2000.
I might add that I posted to all of those (except for say 5).

Post 67

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

close to 1000 but I've unsubscribed to all the PR and Workshop threads that were rendered obsolete for one reason or the other

Post 68

Just Bob aka Robert Thompson, plugging my film blog cinemainferno-blog.blogspot.co.uk

In the processing of looking through my old threads (and finding this one), I found 1050, plus or minus 10.

Post 69

GreyDesk

Since starting this thread back in February I've somehow managed to add 1,105 to my total smiley - erm

I obviously spend far too long hanging around in this place smiley - online2long

Post 70

alji's

I've given up counting - my head hurts.

Alji, smiley - zensmiley - wizard of the Red Dragon (Swynwr y Ddraig Goch) (conducting a sun sign poll at A712595)(Member of The Guild of Wizards U197895 looking for wiz kids to join, though you don't have to be a wiz kid just know a bit about some subject that you think will be of interest to others or just bore the pants off them. This is an equall opportunities space open to all sexes, ages and abilities)

Post 71

a girl called Ben

1116 at the moment - but I have had at least two significant clean outs; my guess is that the total I have subscribed to in my time is nearer 1250.

Post 72

Mina

I've clocked up another 1000 as well, (roughly). I post a lot less than I used to, and I use another work account for some.

The scary thing is that I can see my original Mina account way back to when it started. I daren't count. smiley - yikes

Post 73

The problem is that the number has little to do with my level of activity. I am subscribed to the 'ask h2g2' section and it will keep adding new threads whenever they arrive.
If anything, my thread total goes _down_ when I use it because I clear out any conversations that don't interest me.

Post 74

Spelugx the Beige, Wizard, Perl, Thaumatologically Challenged

3142 posts (π to 3 dp). That's with not unsubscribing from anything since I joined in August 2001.

spelugx -- reviving an old thread

Post 75

GreyDesk

Reviving my old thread I believe smiley - smiley

Pushing 6,000 last time I looked smiley - erm

Post 76

Ottox

Getting close to 9600... smiley - erm

Post 77

Pinniped

339 including this one.
Which seems to indicate that, compared with you lot, I'm a selective, meticulously disciplined and scrupulously well-organised individual...
smiley - yikes
...I'm starting to feel a bit worried about the company I'm keeping.
Pinsmiley - erm

Post 78

GTBacchus

This one will make #1588, I think.

Post 79

Post Team

<./>ThePost</.> stats of interest smiley - smiley

I have just added the 3,300th entry smiley - ok

We are currently showing at 3,400 threads replied to - but as we subscribe to every page the Post has ever published I suspect that a sudden rush to the Archives and posting off those pages might generate quite a few more which are hidden... no please don't! smiley - grovel

245 messages on The Post Office page.

So - quite modest compared to some but, of course, Greebo and I have our own pages to count as well. smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - thepost

Post 80

Vip

I'm somewhere around 900, I think. I did a purge a while back, but never got that far. And now I just can't be bothered. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more