A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where can I find some nice friendly girls?

Post 7241

Ged42

Which obviously leads to some very odd nights out, as the guys try to keep eye contact and the girls try and break eye contact. And end up snaking their way across the dance floor. smiley - bigeyessmiley - blush

Post 7242

rockCHRILL

Hi serephina, in answer to your question on another thread, no u dont no me (i think!!) but im on now quite a bit so u soon will.......I can tell u the sure sign a guy likes u.......they lean closer and usually side on slightly.....well i do anyway!!!!smiley - winkeye

Post 7243

Serephina

was just curious as its usually people you know who post to your journalssmiley - smiley

Post 7244

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

As a bloke, I can recall having done both the holding eye contact thing and looking away anytime I see their head move in my direction thing with ladies I've liked.

Post 7245

rockCHRILL

Sorry i kinda stumbled in, got lost and put down roots......im clumbsy like that.....smiley - biggrin

Post 7246

Number Six

So girls break eye contact when they're interested? I never knew that! I always took it to mean they weren't!

Or do you mean they hold eye contact for a little while before looking away?

(Maybe this could be the cause of my always having a tendency to wait for a written invitation signed in triplicate before diving in?)

smiley - mod

Post 7247

liekki

Well I for one find it difficult to look straight into the eyes of someone I have a crush on because I feel so shaky and blushy and all. smiley - blush

Post 7248

liekki

...and I'm afraid my eyes will give it all away.

Post 7249

Nbcdnzr, the dragon was slain, and there was much rejoicing

Ah, but the looking in each others eyes part is the best bit!

Post 7250

Z

I think if she's looking at you directly then she wants to flirt, but if she likes you but doesn't want to come on to you because she's shy or whatever, and you catch her looking at you then she'll look away.

Post 7251

Bowl of petunias (Oh no! Not again)

What if when you look at her, she's looking away and then looks at you, and you both look away but then she comes over? That happened to me once and I was so confused I ran off!

Post 7252

rockCHRILL

I dont know, im usually looking at the bum, not the eyes.......maybe thats why my wife slaps me all the time.........smiley - sadface

Post 7253

Serephina

most likely yessmiley - winkeye

Post 7254

Number Six

In the words of Franz Ferdinand...

I'm not to look at you in the shoe... but the eyes... find the eyes!

smiley - mod

Post 7255

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

smiley - book

It's true though about people liking you, it's just they don't show it cuz they're scared. Next night out (in a couple of weeks), I shall try both intensive eye contact; and the looking then looking away with a smile. See what happens. Seeing as I don't expect anybody to fancy me anyway, I've got nothing to lose! smiley - ok

Post 7256

Serephina

so much self confidence bubbling around these partssmiley - winkeye

i ned a night outsmiley - wah

Post 7257

Ged42

Maybe we should try this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3986133.stm

Post 7258

Xanatic

There seems to be A Midsummer Nights Dream playing next week here in Cork. Too bad the Shakespeare Girl is not around, I could have tried asking her out for that.

Was talking to one of the german girls from uni saturday. Thought I might have a chance, but doesn't seem very likely now. I think she just pities me.

Post 7259

Xanatic

They were saying on Never Mind the Buzzcocks that one of the thing women found attractive in a man was the ability to speak a second language. Do you women think this is true, and if so why doesn't it work for me?

Post 7260

Beatrice

Definitely true.

The sexiest organ in a man's body is his brain, and being able to do something clever (like, but not exclusively) speak another language is evidence of activity in that area....

Key: Complain about this post