A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where can I find some nice friendly girls?

Post 6981

You can call me TC

Whilst rummaging in the dungeons of Ask The Community for another thread, I found this:

F19585?thread=164338

Post 6982

Huffers

smiley - laugh

that thread only got to 25 posts while this one is almost 7000 posts...

perhaps the girls decided they didn't want some nice friendly guys after all

smiley - devil

Post 6983

Xanatic

Hmmm, I was in an odd situation friday. Some people from work were down at The Bell, local watering hole. One of them, a swedish woman, started hitting on me heavily. So much that even I noticed it smiley - biggrin I went along to this house party with her, just for the fun of it. She seemed quite keen on me to go home with her. But knowing that she´d already been with a lot of guys, and girls, from the company and that she was a divorcee with a daughter meant I wasn´t as keen. She wasn´t too pleased with that it seems, ending up quite pissed off at the party. So don´t know what will happen when we run into each other here.

Post 6984

Beatrice

Yes, well, frankly Xan, if someone said to me "I really fancy you but you're divorced with children", I'd be a bit pissed off too smiley - steam

Sorry to have a go at yousmiley - hug, but it's an attitude that really annoys me.

Post 6985

Xanatic

Ooops, forgot you were here. I didn´t exactly say that. I just didn´t respond as much to the flirting as I maybe should have. She did pretty much throw herself at me. And she didn´t seem like a shy little wallflower, I´m sure she´s fine again.

Post 6986

Number Six

I find that sort of situation is surprisingly hard to deal with though. Despite the fact that as shy blokes it's pretty much what we'd wish for, it somehow isn't quite how you imagined things to be and you don't quite know what to do. When that girl came up to me in a club and started smooching me on the dancefloor a few weeks back, I backed out of the whole thing even though I found her quite attractive.

I just didn't know how to cope, really. And it has to be said that she was off her face at the time.

smiley - mod

Post 6987

Mu Beta

It's nice to see you've developed that 'mature' approach towards dating. smiley - biggrin

B

Post 6988

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Xan - she'll probably be embarrassed more than anything. As long as you're just as friendly as normal though she should be cool.. smiley - goodluck

Had quite a nice weekend with Fuzzy's mum being down. He told her yesterday how he felt about me, and apparently she was cool! Don't know all the details yet, I'll have to wait until tomorrow night when she's gone.

He smiley - smooched me though, which I was a bit smiley - erm about, being as we're just being friends, and his mum was just in the other room. He obviously feels more comfortable being as he's cleared things with his mum. But to be honest, we've got smiley - smoochy before, and I've got all excited, only to go to smiley - kiss him and he's been less responsive. Which ends with a chat so I know where I stand. smiley - space So now I'm not even excited, I don't see the point at the moment. Just in case I get the wrong message again.

Hey hoo, only 4 days till I'm in China! smiley - wow

Post 6989

Xanatic

Who knows, you might find some nice, friendly chinese guys. Being all tall, blond and beautiful you´ll probably have a small horde following you around down there smiley - smiley

I would also be shocked if some good-looking girl hit on me, like I would if some pigs came flying by smiley - smiley But I would still go for it though. In this case it just started not to seem so attractive an idea as the evening went on for different reasons.

Post 6990

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

Yeah but at least you can't complain that you never get hit on smiley - winkeye

And thank you, Mr Smoothy smiley - biggrin

Bored of work now smiley - groan

Post 6991

Xanatic

Yeah, that was good. Though it seems it was more because I was the only person there who was single or she hadn´t tried it on with before.

Post 6992

Number Six

Now you come to mention it Xan, it's the flying pig thing that was probably what bothered me. After all, it was a situation that I've no idea how to deal with. So unconsciously I probably decided that it was easier if I ignored it and it went away...

smiley - mod

Post 6993

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

"Who knows, you might find some nice, friendly chinese guys. Being all tall, blond and beautiful you´ll probably have a small horde following you around down there".

Small being the operative word smiley - tongueout.

Post 6994

Xanatic

Just means they are at perfect breast staring height smiley - biggrin

Post 6995

smiley - rofl

Post 6996

Nbcdnzr, the dragon was slain, and there was much rejoicing

Hm, what no. 6 said on the previous page, about being 22, is a bit disturbing. As I am now 22 and nothing is happening for me. It's definitely true though, that being confident makes all the difference.

Post 6997

Number Six

A lot of that was down to circumstances though... I was in my middle year at University and it was the only time while I was there that I wasn't in a relationship. For me, being 22 was about (once I'd got over splitting with my first serious girlfriend) living somewhere with a great social life where there were lots of girls around and having built up the confidence to take advantage of that.

Everyone's time comes at some point, it just happens that being 22 was mine. I certainly wouldn't get too hung up on the age thing if I were you smiley - cheerup

smiley - mod

Post 6998

Nbcdnzr, the dragon was slain, and there was much rejoicing

Hey, thanks for the reassurance smiley - smiley

Post 6999

Wiro

Tommorrow when i come online in the evening is not gonna be a pretty sight.

Person A = Girl that have through some way managed to get her to trust me with stuff, dispite her trusting very few people.

Person B = Guy i know who i speak to, dosn't tell me much.

Person C = A Guy good friends with B

then you have me somewhere inbetween.

A fed up with self for fancying C has very serious crush much to her dislike. has to deal with it, im jsut getting alot of her moaning. then find out B fancies A, however B has made comment that "he wants A be the girl he gets over Z with". which ain't very falttering ... and that comment filtered through people and got to me via A.

Now A and B seem to have had quite a heated discussion over MSN tonight ... all I know is comments from B about not nice event and comments from A bout her telling me tommorrow.

I am now involantarly in the middle. Get the feeling tommorrow if i looged in to messenger went away fro an hour and came back will have a novel to read.

Just thank my lucky stars I am at a differnt school.

how do you manage to stay out of the middle when Girl A tries to make sure you can't stay out in the middle away from alienating people.

Though i think B understands my position, and i am going to stay in the middle but that could well mean A getting annoyed with me.

Post 7000

Have to explain to A that although you understand, you're not going to take sides. Cuz that never works out well. smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more