A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 3121

Yael Smith

Signal seems to be misunderstood in the English language.smiley - erm However, you've never risked your life until you've driven a car in Italy. That's all I'm going to say...

Petty Hates

Post 3122

Cheerful Dragon

Or Cairo. Advice from an Egyptian taxi driver in Cairo: If you come over here and plan to hire a car... DON'T! He told us the law regarding who's responsible in a collision. I can't remember what it is, but it results in drivers sounding their horn whenever they're going to overtake somebody. I'm not sure anybody uses their indicators. At night a lot of cars are driven without headlights because there's no legal requirement to have working headlights, so nobody bothers to replace the bulbs when they fail. It was hair-raising enough being driven through Cairo. I wouldn't want to drive there.

Petty Hates

Post 3123

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Driving in Swindon is an exhilirating experience at the best of times...

Take last night for example: pulling up to a roundabout, driver coming from the right has left hand indicator on so we assume he's going left. No. He carries straight on making us break suddenly, the car behind us almosts ends up in our exhaust pipe and once we're past the roundabout undertakes us while beeping his horn.

In Swindon we also get people doing three-point-turns on busy main roads, doing u-turns on one way streets when they've missed their turning, blocking pavements by parking on them... and I don't mean half-on-half-off but literally parking the entire car on the pavement, stopping to have a chat with a person in a parked car (thus blocking the road), shouting and swearing at people on crossings for not moving fast enough, taking corners at well over the speed limit on wet or icy days... the list goes on, and it's all stuff that I've never seen in other towns.

Petty Hates

Post 3124

molly_moody

The cream on my hot choc dissolving into nothing before i've even taken the first sip of it!! seioulsy tho. there's this one place in my home town which has hot choc which manages to stay there right until the last dregs... it's great. everywhere else spray on that crap which is practicly air!

smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 3125

urchinvic - the budgies are restless

you have my sympathies, hot choc drinker. had a simalar experience just the other day in a well known high street store- the cappucino i ordered came in a nice big cup complete with cream et al, "yum" i thought, but when i had stirred in the demerara sugar, there was about 2 ruddy inches of coffee left!!! i was quite annoyed. smiley - tea

Petty Hates

Post 3126

swl

I hate when I ask for a black coffee, they give me the cup with a two inch gap and a little jug of milk.

smiley - grr I don't want the milk. I want a *full* cup of black coffee.

Petty Hates

Post 3127

urchinvic - the budgies are restless

i didn't have enough coffee to wash down my scone, either. smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 3128

The Groob

We went for a lovely meal last night but something happened during the meal that happens all too often at restaurants (and I've probably moaned about it before).

The waiter delivered our desserts (admitedly mine was quite sizeable) and the table next to us gawped at our food for a good few seconds. The temptation to say "excuse me we are not a human menu" is overwhelming.

Petty Hates

Post 3129

AlexoOo

That's OK. As long as they aren't near enough to dribble on your food. I hate talking to people who spit a lot when they talk. And some of it goes in my beer. And then I partake of the spit. I don't want to drink other peoples spit. It's hardly hygenic.

Petty Hates

Post 3130

HonestIago

People just staring at others for doing slightly unusual things annoys me. On Friday I had to move home and I have a load of junk, more than my mate could move in his car, so I load up the bike very heavily, bulging panniers, bulging bergen, carrier bags and other things hanging off the bike, and I walked it up top the station. It was hot, it was bloomin hard work and all the way people just stared at me. Got me very smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3131

Kat

I know is REALLY petty but I've just come back off holiday and it reminded me how much I hate that scraping sensation you get when you put sand covered feet back into your sandals to walk off the beach. Also the sound of a broom sweeping up gritty stuff gets on my nerves.

P.S - if you are vegetarian never eat at Nice airport the food there sucks.

Petty Hates

Post 3132

littlemightyblue2(Not around much at the moment)

Banks......again.

Petty Hates

Post 3133

Yael Smith

Swindon sounds just like Liverpool.

Petty Hates

Post 3134

HarpoNotMarx (((2*1)^6)-6-(2*8)=42

John Prescott
'I'm Sorry I got caught' just about sums him up
Typical politician, starts with high-minded ideals and ends up with his snout in the trough and his press-secretary's crotch.
smiley - ill

Petty Hates

Post 3135

Yael Smith

Literally??smiley - yikessmiley - yuk

I try not to watch the news, you see.
smiley - erm

I hate news because they're always bad and tabloid-like, and I hate gossip even more. And shows like Big Bother even MORE!!!

Petty Hates

Post 3136

The Groob

I try to avoid tabloids and soap operas and I've done so for so long now that for all I know they could be really entertaining now. I hate it when someone says "Did you read that article in the Sun?" Do I look like a Sun reader?!

Petty Hates

Post 3137

bluesue

I get fed up with newspapers that start a story then say turn to page 7 for full story.By the time I have gone back and forth half a dozen times the paper is a wrecksmiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 3138

Ridge57

Or for that matter any rag that Rupert Murdoch has his hands on being the Sun, HTe N.Y. Post or the Fox Five television network.

Petty Hates

Post 3139

littlemightyblue2(Not around much at the moment)

Time- It either goes to fast or to slow.Is that a petty hate or a really large hate?

Petty Hates

Post 3140

Elentari

Pretty large, I'd say! smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post