Front page headlines about soap operas smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3102

swl

Soap Operas per se

Petty Hates

Post 3103

Yael Smith

Yes to soap operas! I hate them so! I only ever followed one, and it was probably due to the fact that my friends were watching it, so I wanted to know what they're on about.

Also- 'are you cool enough to be on TV?' always makes me think, shouldn't they ask if you even WANT to be on TV? And yes, you get to rub sholders with the stars/celebs/pretty people. First, not all of them are pretty, definitely not enough for me to want to rub anything against them, and second, don't we have anything better to do? Seriously...

Petty Hates

Post 3104

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

Monthly visits from mother nature! Its gross and disgusting and, for me, totally not required!! smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3105

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Whenever Mother Nature comes round my place she's always clean, tidy and polite... makes a mean cup of tea as well.

Oh, wait, you're talking about the OTHER Mother Nature, aren't you?

I'll get me coat.

Petty Hates

Post 3106

Beatrice

Drivers who seek out the first available space when ascending a multi-storey car park and then spend 5 minutes squeezing into it, causing a spiral tailback down to the level below, when I can see quite clearly that there are LOADS of spaces on the next level up smiley - steam

Petty Hates

Post 3107

Yael Smith

Oh, parking! My favourite hate is sidewalk parking. Only yesterday I saw this annoying man getting out of his car which he has neatly parked in the middle of the sidewalk on my street. I had to do some serious navigating with the double pram and practice lots of self-restraint in order to not scratch his damn car!smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3108

Black-Eyed Girl... Sometimes the only sane answer to an insane world is insanity!

lol, yeah Mr D, the OTHER bain of my, and lots of other womens lives, that mother nature! I really, really hate her.

Petty Hate for today: My girlfriend going home!!!

Oh wait, thats not petty, thats a legit hate!

Petty Hates

Post 3109

Cheerful Dragon

My petty hate of the day: people who deliver newspapers, leaflets, etc. and don't push them all the way through the letter box. It's not too bad at this time of year, but it really drives me up the wall in the winter. Listen, people! I have the central heating on to warm the house, not the outside world. Get it? smiley - crosssmiley - steamsmiley - grr

P.S. I haven't mentioned letters in the above list because our postie always pushes them all the way through. Posties are probably told to do that.

Petty Hates

Post 3110

AlexoOo

When I was a boy and delivered papers, letterboxes used to be springloaded and catch my fingers like a mousetrap. Ouch.

Petty Hates

Post 3111

The Groob

When people post:

smiley - erm

without typing any words. It's the written equivalent of tutting IMO.

Petty Hates

Post 3112

swl

oh, the temptation smiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 3113

swl

Funny, when I tut IMO, I sound like Skippy.

Petty Hates

Post 3114

Yael Smith

Petty hate for the day and every day: being tired.

Petty Hates

Post 3115

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

I'll second that. Some folk do OK on tired. Me, my IQ halves, at least smiley - sadface I can actaully trace the journey of my thoughts across the synapses...

What really irritates, is how much i achieve when rested, then i wonder- If i was like that all the time, how different would my life be now...

Life's great acheivers tend to need less sleep, and run at full capacity, even when tired. You can tell i've had this discussion beforesmiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 3116

Yael Smith

Yes.smiley - smiley
I also loath the fresh-as-a-daisy crowd, those that wake up before dawn with a smile on their faces and can't wait to start the day.

Petty Hates

Post 3117

molly_moody

people who think they are elligible for the you scratch my back theory (even tho they didnot scratch mine!!)

This happened today. I got duped out of 5days pay when it shouldve been 3 because my line manager didnt wriet the dates properly to civer the weekend /special leave clause (and now i can't get the 2days wages back) but yet they expect me now to do them a favour by coming in on a day off to take minutes at a meeting they are supposed to be at!!! hmmmmmmmmmm I DON'T THINK SOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

:P

Petty Hates

Post 3118

urchinvic - the budgies are restless

i agree lucky star. it takes me all my resolve not to wind my window down and encourage them to hurry the hecking thump up!!! just drive a few more feet, and we can all get in!! damn fool! And the drivers that take an eternity to just turn a corner. what are you doing? waiting for a written invite? i don't expect them to do a Russ Swift, but I'm on the carriage way behind you!!! you know, i have really used far too many exclamation marks on this entry. sorry. smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 3119

swl

" And the drivers that take an eternity to just turn a corner. what are you doing? waiting for a written invite? "smiley - laughsmiley - grrsmiley - laughsmiley - grr

Yup. They don't so much indicate as make an appointment.

Petty Hates

Post 3120

urchinvic - the budgies are restless

....and then there's the drivers who clap their indicator on at the last second when making a right hand turn!!! Do they desparatley want to make an insurance claim or what? Just "mirror, signal and bloody manouvre" for Bob's sake!!!!!!smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post