A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 3141

littlemightyblue2(Not around much at the moment)

Oh dear,so it can't be classed as a petty hate? I was really wishing it was. As thats the only petty hate i have today.... Untill tommorrow.smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3142

Elentari

Well, that's just my opinion. If you think it's petty, then it's petty, right?

Petty Hates

Post 3143

smiley - laugh I think i'm going to be your choice of a petty hate if i keep on about it smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3144

Elentari

Nah, I know where you're coming from. smiley - hug

Petty Hates

Post 3145

smiley - laugh Thank goodness i've not upset anyone,i'm always opening my big mouthsmiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3146

The Groob

I hate the NTL home page. It's all 'celeb celeb celeb'. And today they're giving advice on how to gamble online. Totally irresponsible.

Petty Hates

Post 3147

Yael Smith

How to gamble online- give the website owner all your money. Done!

Petty Hates

Post 3148

Cheerful Dragon

OK, here's my latest petty hate. I've just been on another set of message boards and I was really irritated by the number of people who spelt maybe as 'mabey'. It wasn't an occasional thing like a typo. These people were doing it time and time again, as if they thought that's how the word is spelt. I could just about understand it if it was a shortened version, but it's the same letters rearranged.smiley - erm

I don't know if I've mentioned this on this thread (if not, it's on Calling All Pedants), but it also irritates me when people say barter when they mean haggle. The two words have completely different meanings. Not so much "Why can't the English learn to speak?", more "Why can't the British use their lanuage properly?"smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 3149

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Guru- there is a way to stop the NTHell page loading automatically when you log onto their broadband 'service', but it's not as simple, i don't think, as changing your home page... Can't remember, in fact, how i did it, but it certainly is worth doing. I can't stand company's hijacking my auto settingssmiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3150

Ridge57

Buying a pair of shoes or trainers and having the salesman try to sell you every realted item short of a share in the store. Just the shoes thanks.
Parents who keep their poor kids up way past their bed times and drag them into restaurants so EVERYBODY can hear their mewlings and tantrums.
People queing up in 15 items or less express lanes with way more than the stated amount.

Petty Hates

Post 3151

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Misused apostrophes. For example "No Trolley's beyond this point".

Also, am I the only one who hates "Buy this, get another for free." It isn't "FOR free", it is "free", as in "free of charge". You don't say "Get this for free of charge" do you? AGH!! smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3152

Yael Smith

Filing. I hate filing. I'll do a lot not to file another piece of paper in my life!

Petty Hates

Post 3153

Copycats smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3154

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

I hate copycats toosmiley - grrsmiley - winkeye

Petty Hates

Post 3155

smiley - rofl

Petty Hates

Post 3156

semper_paratus

Seeing something on tele that you really want to buy at a super price abd then going to buy it, only to find out that you have to buy a hundred other things with it to get it to work properly, which end up costing you more than they're charging for the original item.

Petty Hates

Post 3157

William of Middenshire, Keeper of Mammals Beginning with "W" and Goatee Beards

Do you know what I hate? All those radio commercials offering insurances or other services with some celebrity doing the voice over; then at the end you get someone completely different talking at high speed:

"yourinvestmentcangodownaswellasupseeinstorefordetailstermsandconditionsapply..."

You know the kind of thing.

I also hate the profusion of "consolidate your huge debts into one 'easy' payment" commercials that seem to litter all the cable channels.

Moan over.

Petty Hates

Post 3158

Yael Smith

Blah to that. I'm glad not to be in debt. I may not have a car and still rent, but at least I'm not in debt.
I hate the people in shows like 'spendaholics' that just can't believe they're in so much debt, and to make up for it, go on a shopping spree.smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3159

William of Middenshire, Keeper of Mammals Beginning with "W" and Goatee Beards

Yeah. They don't seem to understand that the stuff they buy on their credit cards actually has to be paid for, either by them, or (as on the Bank of Mum and Dad) by their long-suffering parents. What really gets me is the seething resentment they show to their folks who are trying to help them get out of debt. Sorry, I'm ranting again.

Petty Hates

Post 3160

Miz307

Rude people

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more