A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 3161

swl

Bigots, racists and foreigners.

Petty Hates

Post 3162

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

And I hate people who hate bigots, racists and foreigners smiley - winkeyesmiley - huhsmiley - run Or something

Petty Hates

Post 3163

Yael Smith

I hate typing case notes. They literally make me sleepy.

Petty Hates

Post 3164

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

People who say 'literally' when the word is redundant in that what's being described cannot happen figuratively. smiley - nahnah

Petty Hates

Post 3165

KB

Or the ones who say 'literally' when they mean 'figuratively'?

"His cello playing literally set the audience on fire"

Petty Hates

Post 3166

Unless the cello player had a robotic flame thrower that responded to his playing...

Petty Hates

Post 3167

Yael Smith

No, no, I was really falling asleep while typing. Literally was the correct word.

Pedants!smiley - nahnah

smiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 3168

Say it loud: I'm pedantic and proud.

smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 3169

AgProv2

Minutes of staff meetings... being pulled from my desk to bloody well attend for over an hour and listen to drawn-out rambling discussion when there are far better and more pressing things I could be doing, and then having to type the bloody minutes afterwards! This all makes me feel like Elly with her case notes...

Petty Hates

Post 3170

AlexoOo

People who let fireworks off in the daytime. On the 13th of October. smiley - grr Why??

Petty Hates

Post 3171

swl

Wives who won't make coffee when they're told smiley - grr

10 minutes I've been waiting now smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 3172

Yael Smith

Husbands who won't make coffee after they've already gone and boiled the darn kettle! On their own initiative, no nagging involved, may I add!

smiley - nahnah

Petty Hates

Post 3173

Cheerful Dragon

Husbands who put the kettle on to make tea, then walk away while it heats. The kettle is then left to stand and the water goes cold again. Then, when the wife makes the tea, hubby comes in and says, "Hey, I was going to do that!" Well, why didn't you do it, then?smiley - cross

Petty Hates

Post 3174

swl

Wives who have to wait to be told to make coffee. smiley - cross

Drivers who seem totally unable to read my mind and predict what I'm about to do. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3175

Yael Smith

Cheerful Dragon, my hubby does that all the time.
And SWL, your wife loses the ability to read your mind the day she marries. Speak up when you want coffee, man!

Drivers who are sure I should read their minds and give them the right of way just 'coz they're cute or something.

Petty Hates

Post 3176

People who, if their wife hasn't made coffee, don't just get off their arse and do it themselves. It's not rocket science, y'know...smiley - tongueout

Petty Hates

Post 3177

Yael Smith

smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3178

swl

Me, make coffeesmiley - huh

You don't keep a dog and bark yourself you know smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3179

It's really not a complicated process... some of the devices involved (tap, kettle, spoon, etc.) can seem rather daunting to the inexperienced but you soon get used to it.

Petty Hates

Post 3180

Ridge57

Or spouses who refuse to make coffee or read your mind while driving and leave the kettle to grow cold as they back out of the driveway. GRRRR!

Key: Complain about this post