'Together forever, allegiance or death!
Like all proper gang hideouts, the Shack of course has an oath of loyalty. You aren't obliged to swear it, of course, but the alternative is a non-stop programme of watching of Saint Tail, or something equally kawaii1.
Why an Anime and Manga Shack?
You can blame the community. It was Ryogasoul who posted in Ask H2G2, so really it's his fault. As the conversation progressed, it became obvious that there were a large number of anime and manga fans out there, who had no central point where they could hang out, and most importantly, talk about their hobby. For those of you that have stumbled in by accident, welcome, pull up a seat, and why not read the Guide's own Official Entry on the subject, which will give you a good idea of what goes this strange and wonderful stuff called Anime and Manga is all about.
If some of the terminology seems somewhat strange and odd, then why not try this (unedited) Glossary of Anime and Manga terms?
Other Stuff in the Guide
Researchers for the guide have been busy indeed spreading the word about different series and different aspects of life in the Anime and Manga Universe. There are already guide entries on;
Whilst Digimon and FFVII are a bit peripheral to our main concerns here, it seems a little churlish to exclude them.
Things not in the Edited Guide
There are a number of interesting pieces around the guide that haven't found their way into the edited guide for one reason or another, but that doesn't make them any less interesting. During a short search, I found articles on the following;
Anime, what do you think it is?, a rather personal view of anime and manga, as well as pieces on the rather interesting subject of Transformations as well as that oft asked question in Anime, Where do you keep that Mallet?
As well as all this, I found entries on the strange and scary Serial Experiment: Lain and the bizarre but hilarious Child's Toy. Finally, there's a piece on the hugely successful Dragonball. It seems that the authors may no longer be using the site, but I shall track them all down and invite them along here.
So, what's it for?
This shack is for hanging out and talking about Anime and Manga. Whether you want to talk to fellow fans about your favourite examples of each, or try and find some new titles to watch and/or read, you can do it here!
Maybe you've heard about Anime and Manga and just don't know where to find out about these things-well, ask away. Fans are always ready and happy to share their enthusiasm, so don't be shy now.
Roll of Honour
- Blues Shark who refuses to believe that Alberto the Impactor is *not* the man for the job. And just when IS Giant Robo coming out on DVD anyway, huh?
- Old Uncle Zarniwoop (7)(Hobbit-ACE GURU)
- Ryogasoul who *must* be a Ranma fan
- Super Vegeta Prince Of All Saiyans
- Uncle 'lucky pierre' Heavy who is a Sailor Moon fan, so that's alright.
- Pinniped who wants to ride in a catbus
- Admiral Articuno who appears to have something against Saiyans
- Sergeant 'Indiana' Mushroom , says it's all her brothers fault. Of course it is!
- Mystrunner , who says that he's (?) had a life changing experience watching Metropolis.
- Eggy , who can now be proud to be Otaku as well
- DoctorGonzo , who has seen Metropolis, so he's one up on me.
- cCmndhd Deuce , who seems to like a little bit of everything.
- Space Lioness , one of the growing number of Cowboy Bebop fans in the world.
- Fords_Prefect , who has Usagi Yojimbo wallpaper, which is way in my book.
- Marv the Grate , set on converting the world to Martian Successor Nadesico.
- LokuZ , who has a weird fetish about the Japanese (or something like that...
- Nyssabird , who *volunteered* to be the Shack's 'Tentacle Queen'. Now that sounds like a new idea for a smiley...
- Captain Spankmunki , who is another Stan Sakai fan. Am I missing out on something here?
- Ranmafreak , whose name says it all, I think.
- Saturnine , a Blackjack fan on sabbatical...