h2g2 Post 11.04.02

0 Conversations


Posted: 11th April 2002

Editorial

This is definitely a meet-rich edition.

There were a flurry of h2g2 meets recently, possibly due to the need to use up all holidays before the end of the tax year. We feature two different perspectives of the Denver Meet and a full report, with photographs, from the Nordic Meet held in Denmark.

My trip to the UK last week proved to be a wonderful time. I enjoyed a pub crawl round Banbury with Pastey, a trip to London to Bush House - with obligatory shopping and after-office drinks - and finished with my school reunion. Although I had been tentative about this final appointment, it turned out to be a great success.

My best friend from those days had hardly changed at all. Her mannerisms and humour hadn't deviated much in the intervening years and, once more, we seemed to be 'joined at the hip' as another schoolfriend described us. Strangely, a girl who had been in the form two years below us (and now married to one of our classmates) informed us that she'd regarded us with awe when at school and thought of us as 'hard girls'. This came as a huge surprise to both of us - bullying was certainly never on our agenda! Plans are afoot to repeat the experience, but I hope they don't wait quite so long next time or we'll all turn up wielding sticks or scooting along on zimmer frames.

Regular readers will remember that Ormy is away having fun at the seaside, so we'll have to wait for his verdict on the Royal Funeral held in London - and saturating tv channels worldwide as far as I could tell. I watched it on Ned2, a Dutch Channel, to try and improve my language skills. Somehow I don't think I missed much!


shazzPRME

 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • Not quite everything you always wanted to know about witches, etc.


  • Paper Cuts

  • spimcoot's wonderful characters speak

    with forked tongues.


  • The Quest

  • sea with her story based on the tales
    of everyday h2g2ers.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A687675

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more