AGG/GAG - 19

0 Conversations

Witches, Etc.

Logo design by tonsil revenge / Click on Groucho's nose to visit the AGG/GAG/CAC homepage.

Open your mind and say, "AWW"

Fiction smiley - angel Weird Science smiley - scientist First/Personals smiley - flustered Satire smiley - devil Kitchen Sinkronicities

smiley - smiley - smiley -
This week it's Witches, Etc.


Witch Hunts by Zaphod

Forget the witches of Eastwick (the film, that is). Lost in the dim and distant past are more devilish deeds that do nothing to the credibility of the human race. Facing the darkness, our shadow side, is possibly necessary to our evolution. Whatever, hunting at the best of times is full of controversy. More so when the focus of hunts are other humans. Join me on this historical excursion, examining the rationale behind this most shameful and diabolical of subjects, now just baggage lying dormant in the collective psyche. It is a tale of foibles and fears, of power and persecution, of trials and false trails, of changing loyalties, whispers and twitching curtains. Revisit the cordial (but twilight) world of Salem, the epitome of neighbourhood watch.

Witch Persecution: Jealousy and the rip off by tonsil revenge

You think you know the real story?
Well, you won't find it here. All we have to offer is the edge of the little tab
that will allow you to unwrap part of the corner of the mystery.
Things ain't always what they seem
and they are not likely to stay that way.


Witches by Zaphod IV


Zaphod IV (not the same Zaphod as the AGG/GAG Zaphod) has an interesting outlook on Witches smiley - biggrin A man of few words but distinctive tastes.



Jean Falla and the Witches by am_bellows

A folk tale with a hint of salt spray and fish guts. Here is pervasive bone chilling and a freezing dampness of the soul, the kind of tale that North Atlantic sailors and fishermen tell to keep the heart beating and the warming blood circulating against the elements.


Magick by Siletta Weaver


Here's a last minute entry that appeared in the Flea Market yesterday. A very good start on an Edited Guide Entry if anyone wanted to claim it and finish it up.



A miscellany of external links:
Witch games...smiley - witch
Kitsch Witchsmiley - witch
Which Witch? smiley - witch

smiley - smiley - smiley -

Scouting the Guide for the good stuff, we'll continue to bring you AGG/GAG/CAC applauded entries in each issue of the h2g2POST. And we hope you'll join us!

AGG/GAG/CAC
Another Guide to the Galaxy / Galactic Anomaly Group / Committee for Alien Content

The Alternative Writing Guidelines

Archives of all past issues

The Original AGG/GAG Homepage

The Penultimate AGG/GAG Homepage


11.04.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A726068

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more