h2g2 Post 14.03.02

2 Conversations


Posted: 14th March 2002

Editorial

Today is officially π day!

According to a very mathematically-minded radio programme it is, anyway. Presumably this is because, if written the US way, the date is 3/14 - the first three digits of the solution to the age-old division of 22 by 7. We shall all have a very long wait until the true 'birthday', however, as this won't happen until 3/14/2857. Somehow I don't expect to reach this landmark occasion!

Mentioning 7 of 22 I can't help but let my mind wander to '7 of 9' and from thence to an interesting site I was directed to by TowelMaster. If you have ever toyed with the idea of creating a 'borg' of your own, then check out The Teddy Borg site to see how a group of students put an innocent teddy bear through his 'assimilation'.

The good news in this edition is that Ormondroyd is back and survived his landmark 42nd birthday. Greebo, however, appears to have been catnapped by those dogs at Crufts (did you think that powder-puff poodle deserved to win?) and will return next week with her second report and Horror Scope.

Also missing is Abi, who has sneaked off to enjoy The Cheltenham Festival, but you can still catch her 'pick of the week' over at Abi's Community Activities page.


shazzPRME

 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • AggGag throws in everything... including the Kitchen Sink.


  • The Quest

  • sea with her story based on the tales
    of everyday h2g2ers.


  • Announcements

  • News of forthcoming Meets, petitions and sites of interest.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A687639

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more