AGG/GAG - 15

0 Conversations

Open your mind and say, "AWW"

Fiction smiley - angel Weird Science smiley - scientist First/Personals smiley - flustered Satire smiley - devil Kitchen Sinkronicities

A Rant - by ~jwf~

If 'we' are guilty of being too obtuse or too obscure or too pedantic or too boring or too revolutionary (in a silly, pointless way), then the fault is entirely mine. For I am all of these things and more.


The remedy remains that more and varied editorial input is required. Otherwise the only voice we'll ever hear is mine.
Coherent or enthusiastic responses to my rhetoric will probably continue to be as rare and valuable as AggGag members.


If AggGag is to grow it must expand beyond my fuzzy pink view of the Universe. Otherwise I'll just continue to spin my curry-flavoured cotton-candy, fully aware it is mostly air and has no nutritional value, but dedicated to the proposition that all men, honey I say all men, are cremated inkwell.

This week: Beware the Ides of March!

smiley - yikes
Well, that really has nothing to do with anything. In fact political assassination is the farthest thing from our minds. But it did occur to us that this week marks one full year since Researchers returned from the Great Vogon Detour to the sheltering embrace of Auntie Beeb.


"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine." sayeth Proverbs xvii.22.
smiley - angel

But what are Kitchen Sinkronicities we hear you ask.
The 'KS' catgeory covers everything, including kitchen sinks. Everyone has a junk drawer full of stuff that is still too valuable to throw out ..because it still might be useful ..someday ..to someone. And so do we.


Now Pay Attention Everyone by Zaphod


This article may be a free verse translation of some obscure Vogon poetry or maybe it's just a fridge magnet for the soul, but it gives us an excuse to point out one of the most glorious 'homepages' we've ever seen.
smiley - cheers

"I'm very, very sad" by Researcher 173624


One of the briefest lives ever lived on h2g2. They came to pay their respects, wept and left.
smiley - cry

Idea-ologists by Researcher 151077


A classic of computer frustration and short attention span reminiscent of Grandpa Simpson.
smiley - clown


Wave Particle Duality of Traffic in Beijing by Duncan


Now Duncan may be on to something here, potentially a viable Guide Entry. But except for a 'recent' note (left there a year ago by Muppet - Mar 18 2001 - that Anniversary thing again) it seems to be ignored and abandoned. While this would qualify in our 'weird science' category if it were finished, in its present state we have to call it a Kitchen Sinkronicity.

smiley - ufo



So there you have it, a demonstration of Kitchen Sinkronicity. Next week we'll bring you more selections by the Committee for Alien Content, dedicated to giving all voices a chance to be heard. If you'd like to contribute your wisdom check out the The Alternative Writing Guidelines. We even have an Alternative to the Alternative Writing Guidelines for those with short attention spans.

AGG/GAG, a posse of persona, originally operating unofficially on the fringes of the AWW. We scout the Flea Market and we even use our magic Random Entry Button to find all sorts of golden wisdom abandoned and forlorn.

And we are always ready to consider submissions from ..anyone.


I'd like to submit my entry to AGG/GAG and claim my fifteen minutes of fame.

We still want quality writing and we don't endorse breaking the laws of plagiarism, defamation or obscenity, but really, the only criteria should be Wit and Wisdom.

If you're not quite ready to write for us, maybe you'd like to help our cause.


I'd like to help AGG/GAG - here's how:

Scouting the Guide for the good stuff, we'll continue to bring you AGG/GAG/CAC approved entries in each issue of the h2g2POST. And we hope you'll join us!

AGG/GAG/CAC
Another Guide to the Galaxy / Galactic Anomaly Group / Committee for Alien Content

The Alternative Writing Guidelines

Archives of all past issues

The Original AGG/GAG Homepage

The Penultimate AGG/GAG Homepage

Charter Members:

Support Staff/Contributing Scouts


14.03.02 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A709003

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more